- The report contains detailed information about Prysmian S.p.A. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Prysmian S.p.A.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Prysmian S.p.A. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Prysmian S.p.A. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Prysmian S.p.A. business.
About Prysmian S.p.A.
Prysmian S.p.A. produces, distributes, and sells cables, systems, and related accessories for energy and telecommunication industries. The company offers its products in the Asia Pacific, Europe, the Middle East, Africa, North America, and Latin America.
The company operates in two segments, Energy Cables and Systems Segment and Telecom Cables and Systems Segment.
Energy Cables and Systems Segment
The Energy Cables and Systems Segment engages in the production, installation, and sale of cables and systems used for the transmission and distribution of low, medium, and high voltage power for underground and submarine applications, as well as within residential and non-residential buildings.
Power Transmission Systems (High Voltage): The company designs, produces, and installs systems with high and extra-high voltage cables for transporting electricity both from power stations and within primary transmission and distribution networks. This segment mainly focuses on providing turnkey solutions customized to serve customer specifications. Products include cables insulated with paper impregnated with oil or fluid for voltages of approximately 1,100 kV and extruded polymer insulated cables for voltages below 500 kV. This segment provides its customers with installation and post-installation services, as well as network management and maintenance services, including network performance monitoring, network cable repair and maintenance, and emergency services, such as disaster recovery.
Submarine Power Transmission and Distribution Systems (Submarine): The company designs, produces, and installs turnkey submarine power transmission and distribution systems. It uses specific technology for submarine power transmission and distribution to develop cables and accessories boasting proprietary technology for installation at depths of approximately 2,000 meters. These cables offer two types of insulation, including cables insulated with paper impregnated with oil or fluid for transmission of up to 500 kV in direct and alternating current; extruded polymer insulated cables for transmission of up to 400 kV in alternating current; and approximately 300 kV in direct current.
Power Distribution Cables and Systems (Power Distribution): In the field of power distribution cables and systems, the company produces medium voltage cables and systems for the connection of industrial and/or residential buildings to primary distribution networks; and low voltage cables and systems for power distribution and the wiring of buildings.
Network Accessories and Components (Accessories): The company also produces accessories, such as joints and terminations for low, medium, high, and extra-high voltage cables, as well as accessories to connect cables with each other and with other network equipment, suitable for industrial, building or infrastructure applications, and for power transmission and distribution applications.
The company produces a range of both rigid and flexible low voltage cables to distribute power to and within residential and non-residential buildings. It serves a range of industries, including oil & gas, transport, infrastructure, mining, and renewable energy. Its customers include industrial groups and OEMs (original equipment manufacturers), such as ABB, AKER, Alstom, SNCF, Petrobras, Peugeot-Citroen, Renault, Siemens, and Valeo. It offers solutions to the oil & gas industry for both upstream and downstream activities. Its products range from low and medium voltage power and instrumentation/control cables, to multipurpose umbilical cables for transporting energy, telecommunications, fluids, and chemical products when connecting submarine sources and collectors to FPSO (floating, production, storage, and offloading) platforms.
In the transport sector, the companys cables are used for the construction of trains, ships, and motor vehicles. The principal applications for which its cables are used in the infrastructure sector are railways, ports, and airports. The range also includes cables for the mining industry and for applications in the renewable energy sector. It also supplies cables for military ap
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. PRYSMIAN S.P.A. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. PRYSMIAN S.P.A. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. PRYSMIAN S.P.A. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. PRYSMIAN S.P.A. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. PRYSMIAN S.P.A. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Prysmian S.p.A. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Prysmian S.p.A. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Prysmian S.p.A. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Prysmian S.p.A. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Electrical Equipment Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Prysmian S.p.A. Industry Position Analysis
6. PRYSMIAN S.P.A. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. PRYSMIAN S.P.A. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. PRYSMIAN S.P.A. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. ITALY PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. PRYSMIAN S.P.A. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. PRYSMIAN S.P.A. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. PRYSMIAN S.P.A. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Prysmian S.p.A. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Prysmian S.p.A. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Prysmian S.p.A. Major Shareholders
Prysmian S.p.A. History
Prysmian S.p.A. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Prysmian S.p.A. Offices and Representations
Prysmian S.p.A. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Prysmian S.p.A. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Prysmian S.p.A. Capital Market Snapshot
Prysmian S.p.A. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Electrical Equipment Industry Statistics
Prysmian S.p.A. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Prysmian S.p.A. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Prysmian S.p.A. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Prysmian S.p.A. 1-year Stock Charts
Prysmian S.p.A. 5-year Stock Charts
Prysmian S.p.A. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Prysmian S.p.A. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Prysmian S.p.A. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?