- The report contains detailed information about Pride International Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Pride International Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Pride International Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Pride International Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Pride International Inc. business.
About Pride International Inc.
Pride International, Inc provides offshore contract drilling and related services to oil and natural gas exploration and production companies. As of February 19, 2010, the company operated a fleet of 23 rigs, consisting of 2 deepwater drillships, 12 semisubmersible rigs, 7 jackups and 2 managed deepwater drilling rigs.
The company provides contract drilling services to oil and natural gas exploration and production companies through the use of mobile offshore drilling rigs in the U.S. and international waters. It provides the rigs and drilling crews. It also provides rig management services on various rigs, consisting of technical drilling assistance, personnel, repair and maintenance services and drilling operation management services.
The company conducts its operations through two segments, including Deepwater, which consists of its rigs capable of drilling in water depths approximately 4,500 feet; and Midwater, which consists of its semisubmersible rigs capable of drilling in water depths of 4,499 feet or less. The companys jackup fleet, which operates in water depths up to 300 feet, is operated through two segments, Independent Leg Jackups and Mat-Supported Jackups.
Drillships: The companys drillships, including the four under construction, are deepwater, self-propelled drillships that can be positioned over a drill site through the use of a computer-controlled thruster (dynamic positioning) system. Drillships are suitable for deepwater drilling in remote locations because of their mobility and load-carrying capacity.
Semisubmersible Rigs: The companys semisubmersible rigs, which consist of all of its deepwater and midwater fleet other than its drillships, are floating platforms that, by means of a water ballasting system, can be submerged to a predetermined depth so that a substantial portion of the lower hulls, or pontoons, is below the water surface during drilling operations.
Independent Leg Jackup Rigs: The jackup rigs the company operates are mobile, self-elevating drilling platforms equipped with legs that penetrate the ocean floor until a solid foundation is reached to support the drilling platform. Its jackup rigs are generally limited to operating in water depths of approximately 300 feet.
Managed Deepwater Rigs: The company performs rig management services for drilling operations for three deepwater rigs owned by others, located offshore Angola and in the U.S. Gulf of Mexico. The companys services consist of providing technical assistance, personnel, repair and maintenance services and drilling operation management services. The drilling equipment, which the company operates on behalf of its customers, is installed on various supporting structures, including tension-leg platform, spar and semisubmersible hull designs.
The companys customers include integrated oil and natural gas companies, state-owned national oil companies and independent oil and natural gas companies. It provides contract drilling and related services to a customer base that includes multinational oil and natural gas companies, government-owned oil and natural gas companies and independent oil and natural gas producers. As of December 31, 2009, the company's major customers included Petroleo Brasilerio S.A. and Total S.A.
Pride International, Inc. was founded in 1966.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. PRIDE INTERNATIONAL INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. PRIDE INTERNATIONAL INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. PRIDE INTERNATIONAL INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. PRIDE INTERNATIONAL INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. PRIDE INTERNATIONAL INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Pride International Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Pride International Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Pride International Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Pride International Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Energy Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Pride International Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. PRIDE INTERNATIONAL INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. PRIDE INTERNATIONAL INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. PRIDE INTERNATIONAL INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. PRIDE INTERNATIONAL INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. PRIDE INTERNATIONAL INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. PRIDE INTERNATIONAL INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Pride International Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Pride International Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Pride International Inc. Major Shareholders
Pride International Inc. History
Pride International Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Pride International Inc. Offices and Representations
Pride International Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Pride International Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Pride International Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Pride International Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Energy Industry Statistics
Pride International Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Pride International Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Pride International Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Pride International Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Pride International Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Pride International Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Pride International Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Pride International Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?