- The report contains detailed information about Precision Drilling Corporation that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Precision Drilling Corporation. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Precision Drilling Corporation financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Precision Drilling Corporation competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Precision Drilling Corporation business.
About Precision Drilling Corporation
Precision Drilling Corporation, through its subsidiaries, provides land-based contract drilling, well servicing and ancillary oilfield services to the oil and gas exploration and production companies.
The company operates in two segments: Contract Drilling Services; and Completion and Production Services.
CONTRACT DRILLING SERVICES SEGMENT
In Canada, the Contract Drilling Services segment includes land drilling services, camp and catering services, procurement and distribution of oilfield supplies and the manufacture and refurbishment of drilling and service rig equipment. In the United States, the Contract Drilling Services segment includes land drilling services and trucking services for the movement of Precision rigs. Internationally, the Contract Drilling Services segment includes land drilling services.
The Contract Drilling Services segment comprises various vertically integrated subsidiaries operating in the United States, Canada and internationally. These subsidiaries are engaged primarily in providing onshore well drilling services to exploration and production companies in the oil and natural gas industry. In Canada, the United States, and internationally as of December 31, 2009, the Contract Drilling Services segment comprised: 203 land drilling rigs in Canada; 146 land drilling rigs in the United States; two land drilling rigs in Mexico; one land drilling rig in Chile; 94 drilling camps and two base camps in Canada; engineering, manufacturing and repair services primarily for Precisions operations; and centralized procurement, inventory and distribution of consumable supplies primarily for Precisions Canadian, United States and Mexico operations.
Precision operates a versatile fleet of 352 land rigs capable of drilling a range of shallow to very deep or extended-reach wells in Canada, the United States, and internationally.
In Canada Precision owned and operated a fleet of land drilling rigs. It actively marketed 203 drilling rigs located throughout western Canada. In the United States, Precision operated 146 land drilling rigs. Precision operates primarily in the following drilling markets: Ark-La-Tex (northeast Texas, northern Louisiana and southern Arkansas); United States Gulf Coast (southern Louisiana and the upper Texas Gulf Coast); Mississippi and Alabama; South Texas; Rocky Mountains (Wyoming, Colorado, northwest Utah and northern New Mexico); Mid-Continent (west Texas, southwest New Mexico, the north Texas and the mid-continent region); and Appalachia (New York and Pennsylvania). Internationally, Precision also had two land drilling rigs operating in Mexico and one idle land drilling rig in Chile.
Grey Wolf International
Grey Wolf International is the platform for Precisions entry into the international oil and gas drilling and workover market. This business is focused on bids for work in Latin America, the Middle East, and Mexico.
LRG Catering provides food and accommodation to personnel working at the wellsite, typically in remote locations in western Canada. LRG Catering has 94 drill camps and two base camps and catering business in western Canada. LRG Catering serves Precision and other companies in the upstream oil and gas sector and periodically secures opportunities to serve other industries that operate in remote locations.
Rostel Industries manufactures and refurbishes custom drilling rig and service rig components primarily for Precision business units. Rostel Industries sustains high plant utilization by marketing specialized services to the energy services industry, including inspection and certification of critical drilling components, including overhead equipment, well control equipment, and handling tools. Rostel Industries expertise includes an in-house engineering group, as well as an equipment sales group that engages in the distribution of mud pumps and other imported products. Rostel Industries also designs and builds a significant portion of the components for Precisions Super Single drilling rigs.
Columbia Oilfield Supply and Grey Wolf Supply
Columbia Oilfield Supply in
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. PRECISION DRILLING CORPORATION COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. PRECISION DRILLING CORPORATION BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. PRECISION DRILLING CORPORATION SWOT ANALYSIS
4. PRECISION DRILLING CORPORATION FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. PRECISION DRILLING CORPORATION COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Precision Drilling Corporation Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Precision Drilling Corporation and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Precision Drilling Corporation and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Precision Drilling Corporation Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Energy Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Precision Drilling Corporation Industry Position Analysis
6. PRECISION DRILLING CORPORATION NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. PRECISION DRILLING CORPORATION EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. PRECISION DRILLING CORPORATION ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. CANADA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. PRECISION DRILLING CORPORATION IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. PRECISION DRILLING CORPORATION PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. PRECISION DRILLING CORPORATION VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Precision Drilling Corporation Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Precision Drilling Corporation Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Precision Drilling Corporation Major Shareholders
Precision Drilling Corporation History
Precision Drilling Corporation Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Precision Drilling Corporation Offices and Representations
Precision Drilling Corporation SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Precision Drilling Corporation Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Precision Drilling Corporation Capital Market Snapshot
Precision Drilling Corporation Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Energy Industry Statistics
Precision Drilling Corporation Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Precision Drilling Corporation Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Precision Drilling Corporation Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Precision Drilling Corporation 1-year Stock Charts
Precision Drilling Corporation 5-year Stock Charts
Precision Drilling Corporation vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Precision Drilling Corporation vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Precision Drilling Corporation Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?