- The report contains detailed information about Plains All American Pipeline LP that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Plains All American Pipeline LP. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Plains All American Pipeline LP financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Plains All American Pipeline LP competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Plains All American Pipeline LP business.
About Plains All American Pipeline LP
Plains All American Pipeline, L.P., through its subsidiaries, engages in the transportation, storage, terminalling and marketing of crude oil, refined products and liquefied petroleum gas and other natural gas-related petroleum products. The company, through its 50% equity ownership in PAA/Vulcan Gas Storage, LLC (PAA/Vulcan), engages in the development and operation of natural gas storage facilities.
The companys business activities are conducted through three segmentsTransportation, Facilities, and Marketing. It has a network of transportation, terminalling and storage facilities at major market hubs and in key oil producing basins and crude oil, refined product and LPG transportation corridors in the United States and Canada.
Transportation segments operations generally consist of fee-based activities associated with transporting crude oil and refined products on pipelines, gathering systems, trucks and barges. Transportation segment also includes its equity earnings from its investments in Butte, Frontier and Settoon Towing, in which the company owns non-controlling interests.
As of December 31, 2008, the company employed various owned or leased long-term physical assets throughout the United States and Canada in this segment, including approximately: 17,000 miles of active crude oil and refined products pipelines and gathering systems; 24 million barrels of active, above-ground tank capacity used primarily to facilitate pipeline throughput; 1 million barrels of crude oil linefill in pipelines owned by the company; 86 trucks and 341 trailers; and 65 transport and storage barges and 36 transport tugs through its interest in Settoon Towing.
Basin Pipeline System: The company owns an approximate 87% undivided joint interest in and act as operator of the Basin Pipeline system. The Basin system is a primary route for transporting crude oil from the Permian Basin (in west Texas and southern New Mexico) to Cushing, Oklahoma, for delivery to Mid-Continent and Midwest refining centers. The Basin system is a 521-mile mainline, telescoping crude oil system with a capacity ranging from approximately 144,000 barrels per day to 400,000 barrels per day.
The Basin system consists of four primary movements of crude oil: barrels that are shipped from Jal, New Mexico to the West Texas markets of Wink and Midland; barrels that are shipped from Midland to connecting carriers at Colorado City; barrels that are shipped from Midland and Colorado City to connecting carriers at either Wichita Falls or Cushing and foreign and Gulf of Mexico barrels that are delivered into Basin at Wichita Falls and delivered to connecting carriers at Cushing. The system also includes approximately 7 million barrels (6 million barrels, net to its interest) of crude oil storage capacity located along the system.
All American Pipeline System: The company owns a 100% interest in the All American Pipeline system. The All American Pipeline is a common carrier crude oil pipeline system that transports crude oil produced from certain outer continental shelf, or OCS, fields offshore California via connecting pipelines to refinery markets in California. The system extends approximately 10 miles along the California coast from Las Flores to Gaviota (24-inch diameter pipe) and continues from Gaviota approximately 128 miles to its station in Emidio, California (30-inch diameter pipe). Between Gaviota and its Emidio Station, the All American Pipeline interconnects with its San Joaquin Valley Gathering System, Line 2000 and Line 63, as well as other third party intrastate pipelines.
The All American Pipeline transports OCS crude oil received at the onshore facilities of the Santa Ynez field at Las Flores and the onshore facilities of the Point Arguello field located at Gaviota. ExxonMobil, which owns all of the Santa Ynez production, and Plains Exploration and Production Company and other producers that together own approximately 70% of the Point Arguello production, have entered into transportation agreements committing to transport all of their production from these fields on the
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. PLAINS ALL AMERICAN PIPELINE LP COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. PLAINS ALL AMERICAN PIPELINE LP BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. PLAINS ALL AMERICAN PIPELINE LP SWOT ANALYSIS
4. PLAINS ALL AMERICAN PIPELINE LP FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. PLAINS ALL AMERICAN PIPELINE LP COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Plains All American Pipeline LP Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Plains All American Pipeline LP and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Plains All American Pipeline LP and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Plains All American Pipeline LP Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Energy Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Plains All American Pipeline LP Industry Position Analysis
6. PLAINS ALL AMERICAN PIPELINE LP NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. PLAINS ALL AMERICAN PIPELINE LP EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. PLAINS ALL AMERICAN PIPELINE LP ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. PLAINS ALL AMERICAN PIPELINE LP IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. PLAINS ALL AMERICAN PIPELINE LP PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. PLAINS ALL AMERICAN PIPELINE LP VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Plains All American Pipeline LP Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Plains All American Pipeline LP Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Plains All American Pipeline LP Major Shareholders
Plains All American Pipeline LP History
Plains All American Pipeline LP Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Plains All American Pipeline LP Offices and Representations
Plains All American Pipeline LP SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Plains All American Pipeline LP Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Plains All American Pipeline LP Capital Market Snapshot
Plains All American Pipeline LP Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Energy Industry Statistics
Plains All American Pipeline LP Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Plains All American Pipeline LP Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Plains All American Pipeline LP Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Plains All American Pipeline LP 1-year Stock Charts
Plains All American Pipeline LP 5-year Stock Charts
Plains All American Pipeline LP vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Plains All American Pipeline LP vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Plains All American Pipeline LP Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?