- The report contains detailed information about Pioneer Natural Resources Co. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Pioneer Natural Resources Co.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Pioneer Natural Resources Co. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Pioneer Natural Resources Co. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Pioneer Natural Resources Co. business.
About Pioneer Natural Resources Co.
Pioneer Natural Resources Company, an independent oil and gas exploration and production company, engages in the exploration and production of oil and gas in the United States, South Africa, and Tunisia. The company sells homogenous oil, natural gas liquid (NGL), and gas units.
As of December 31, 2009, the companys proved reserves included proved undeveloped reserves and proved developed reserves that are behind pipe of 186 million barrels of oil, 66 million barrels of NGLs, and 870 billion cubic feet of gas; and had 4,582 proved undeveloped well locations.
The companys asset base is anchored by the Spraberry oil field located in West Texas, the Raton gas field located in southern Colorado, the Hugoton gas field located in southwest Kansas and the West Panhandle gas field located in the Texas Panhandle. Complementing these areas, the company has exploration and development opportunities and/or oil and gas production activities in the Eagle Ford and Edwards Trend areas of South Texas, the Barnett Shale area of North Texas and Alaska, and internationally in South Africa and Tunisia.
Spraberry field: The Spraberry field encompasses eight counties in West Texas. The field is approximately 150 miles long and 75 miles wide at its widest point. The oil produced is West Texas intermediate sweet, and the gas produced is casinghead gas with an average energy content of 1,400 Btu. The oil and gas are produced primarily from three formations, the upper and lower Spraberry and the Dean, at depths ranging from 6,700 feet to 9,200 feet. During 2009, the company drilled 48 wells in the Spraberry field and acquired approximately 32,000 gross acres, bringing its total acreage position to approximately 884,000 gross acres (755,000 net acres).
Hugoton field: The Hugoton field in southwest Kansas is a producing gas field in the continental United States. The gas is produced from the Chase and Council Grove formations at depths ranging from 2,700 feet to 3,000 feet. The companys gas in the Hugoton field has an average energy content of 1,025 Btu. Its Hugoton properties are located on approximately 285,000 gross acres (247,000 net acres), covering approximately 400 square miles. The Company has working interests in approximately 1,200 wells in the Hugoton field, approximately 990 of which it operates, and partial royalty interests in approximately 220 wells. It owns the gathering and processing facilities, primarily through the Satanta plant, which processes its production from the Hugoton field. The companys Hugoton operated wells are capable of producing approximately 65 MMcf of wet gas per day.
West Panhandle field: The West Panhandle properties are located in the panhandle region of Texas. The companys gas in the West Panhandle field has an average energy content of 1,365 Btu and is produced from approximately 675 wells on approximately 250,000 gross acres (240,000 net acres) covering approximately 375 square miles. The company controls 100 percent of the wells, production equipment, gathering system, and the Fain gas processing plant for the field.
The Raton Basin properties are located in the southeast portion of Colorado. The company owns approximately 318,000 gross acres (231,000 net acres) in the center of the Raton Basin with production from coal seams in the Vermejo and Raton formations. The companys gas in the Raton Basin has an average energy content of 1,003 Btu.
Onshore Gulf Coast
The company's 2009 drilling activity was primarily focused on delineating the Eagle Ford Shale formation within the companys existing 310,000 gross acre lease position. A total of three wells were completed during 2009 in the onshore Gulf Coast area of operations.
The companys total lease holdings in the Barnett Shale play approximate 65,000 gross acres, majority of which is supported by 3-D seismic data.
Oooguruk: The company owns a 70% working interest and operatorship in ten state leases on Alaskas North Slope.
Cosmopolitan: The company' has a 100% interest in the Cosmopolitan Unit in the Cook Inlet of Alaska.
The companys international operations are located offshore South Africa and onshore in southern Tunisia.
South Africa: The company has agreements to explore for oil and gas covering approximately 3.6 million acres offshore the southern coast of South Africa in water depths generally approximately 650 feet.
Tunisia: The company holds interests in four separate onshore permits located in the southern portion of Tunisia. These permits cover a gross area of approximately 12,740 square kilometers containing two production concessions targeting the Acacus formation with additional future upside exploration potential from this and other formations. These permits include Jenein Nord Permit and Cherouq Concession covering approximately 1,240 square kilometers; Borj El Khadra Permit and Adam Concession covering approximately 3,725 square kilometers; the El Hamra exploration permit covering approximately 4,000 square kilometers; and the Anaguid exploration permit covering approximately 3,800 square kilometers.
The company's major customers include Plains Marketing LP; ConocoPhillips; Occidental Energy Marketing, Inc.; Enterprise Products Partners L.P.; and Oneok Resources.
In June 2010, the company has signed a joint venture agreement with a wholly-owned U.S. subsidiary of Reliance Industries Limited. Under the agreement, it would sell a 45% interest in approximately 212,000 net acres leased by the company in the Eagle Ford Shale play.
Pioneer Natural Resources Company was founded in 1997.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. PIONEER NATURAL RESOURCES CO. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. PIONEER NATURAL RESOURCES CO. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. PIONEER NATURAL RESOURCES CO. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. PIONEER NATURAL RESOURCES CO. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. PIONEER NATURAL RESOURCES CO. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Pioneer Natural Resources Co. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Pioneer Natural Resources Co. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Pioneer Natural Resources Co. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Pioneer Natural Resources Co. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Energy Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Pioneer Natural Resources Co. Industry Position Analysis
6. PIONEER NATURAL RESOURCES CO. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. PIONEER NATURAL RESOURCES CO. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. PIONEER NATURAL RESOURCES CO. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. PIONEER NATURAL RESOURCES CO. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. PIONEER NATURAL RESOURCES CO. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. PIONEER NATURAL RESOURCES CO. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Pioneer Natural Resources Co. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Pioneer Natural Resources Co. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Pioneer Natural Resources Co. Major Shareholders
Pioneer Natural Resources Co. History
Pioneer Natural Resources Co. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Pioneer Natural Resources Co. Offices and Representations
Pioneer Natural Resources Co. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Pioneer Natural Resources Co. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Pioneer Natural Resources Co. Capital Market Snapshot
Pioneer Natural Resources Co. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Energy Industry Statistics
Pioneer Natural Resources Co. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Pioneer Natural Resources Co. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Pioneer Natural Resources Co. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Pioneer Natural Resources Co. 1-year Stock Charts
Pioneer Natural Resources Co. 5-year Stock Charts
Pioneer Natural Resources Co. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Pioneer Natural Resources Co. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Pioneer Natural Resources Co. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?