- The report contains detailed information about Petroleum Geo Services ASA that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Petroleum Geo Services ASA. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Petroleum Geo Services ASA financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Petroleum Geo Services ASA competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Petroleum Geo Services ASA business.
About Petroleum Geo Services ASA
Petroleum Geo-Services ASA operates as a geophysical company worldwide. The company operates through the business units Marine, Data Processing & Technology, and Onshore.
Marine Business unit
Marine business unit acquires and markets seismic data that is used by oil and natural gas companies and governments globally. They use the data to find hydrocarbons, to determine the size and structure of reservoirs, and to help optimize the production of existing resources.
PGS' marine streamer fleet consists of: 6 Ramform vessels capable of towing up to 22 streamers; 5 streamer vessels capable of towing 4 to 8 streamers; and two 2D vessels. It is a purpose built seismic vessel capable of towing up to 22 streamers. During 2008, the company has acquired and processed approximately 30,000 line kilometers of 2D GeoStreamer data and 10 customers have been served.
MultiClient Library: The company owns a substantial library of marine MultiClient seismic data in all of the major oil and gas basins of the world, including the Gulf of Mexico, the North Sea, West Africa, Brazil, and the Asia Pacific region. The marine MultiClient data library comprises 385,000 square kilometers of 3D and 160,000 line kilometers of 2D seismic. In addition, PGS has integrated 169,000 square kilometers of third party data to build MegaSurveys.
Data Processing and Technology Business unit
Data Processing and Technology business unit includes specialized depth imaging, reservoir-related consulting activities, and electromagnetic surveying. Technology development and deployment is conducted by the Geoscience & Engineering organization with a responsibility for research and development, as well as geophysical support for the seismic operations. The Commercialization & New Ventures Group has the overall responsibility for introducing new technology products to the market.
Onshore Business unit
Onshore business unit consists of all seismic acquisition operations worldwide on land, in shallow water, and in transition zone environments and includes an onshore MultiClient library.
On June 15, 2010, Royal Dutch Shell plc and Petroleum Geo Services ASA announced a collaboration to develop an ultra-high channel count fiber-optic seismic sensing system.
Petroleum Geo-Services ASA was founded in 1962.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. PETROLEUM GEO SERVICES ASA COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. PETROLEUM GEO SERVICES ASA BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. PETROLEUM GEO SERVICES ASA SWOT ANALYSIS
4. PETROLEUM GEO SERVICES ASA FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. PETROLEUM GEO SERVICES ASA COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Petroleum Geo Services ASA Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Petroleum Geo Services ASA and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Petroleum Geo Services ASA and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Petroleum Geo Services ASA Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Energy Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Petroleum Geo Services ASA Industry Position Analysis
6. PETROLEUM GEO SERVICES ASA NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. PETROLEUM GEO SERVICES ASA EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. PETROLEUM GEO SERVICES ASA ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. NORWAY PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. PETROLEUM GEO SERVICES ASA IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. PETROLEUM GEO SERVICES ASA PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. PETROLEUM GEO SERVICES ASA VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Petroleum Geo Services ASA Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Petroleum Geo Services ASA Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Petroleum Geo Services ASA Major Shareholders
Petroleum Geo Services ASA History
Petroleum Geo Services ASA Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Petroleum Geo Services ASA Offices and Representations
Petroleum Geo Services ASA SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Petroleum Geo Services ASA Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Petroleum Geo Services ASA Capital Market Snapshot
Petroleum Geo Services ASA Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Energy Industry Statistics
Petroleum Geo Services ASA Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Petroleum Geo Services ASA Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Petroleum Geo Services ASA Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Petroleum Geo Services ASA 1-year Stock Charts
Petroleum Geo Services ASA 5-year Stock Charts
Petroleum Geo Services ASA vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Petroleum Geo Services ASA vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Petroleum Geo Services ASA Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?