- The report contains detailed information about Petroleum Development Corporation that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Petroleum Development Corporation. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Petroleum Development Corporation financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Petroleum Development Corporation competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Petroleum Development Corporation business.
About Petroleum Development Corporation
Petroleum Development Corporation, an independent energy company, engages in the exploration, development, production, and marketing of oil and natural gas. As of December 31, 2009, the company owned interests in approximately 5,000 gross wells located primarily in the Rocky Mountain Region and the Appalachian and Michigan Basins.
The companys segments include Natural Gas and Oil Sales and Natural Gas Marketing.
Natural Gas and Oil Sales
This segment includes production and sale of natural gas and oil. It operates approximately 92.7% of the wells in which it owns a working interest.
Natural Gas Marketing
This segment consists of its wholly owned subsidiary Riley Natural Gas (RNG). It purchases, aggregates, and resells natural gas produced by it and others.
Areas of Operations
Rocky Mountain Region
The companys Rocky Mountain Region is divided into three major operating areas, including Grand Valley Field, Wattenberg Field, and NECO area. Its Rocky Mountain Region includes approximately 293,600 gross acres of leasehold and 2,524 gross, 1,654.3 net, natural gas and oil wells in which it owns an interest.
Grand Valley Field, Piceance Basin, Garfield County, Colorado: Development wells drilled in the area range from 7,000 to 9,500 feet in depth and the majority of wells are drilled directionally from multi-well pads generally ranging from 2 to 10 wells per drilling pad. The primary target in the area is gas reserves, developed from multiple sandstone reservoirs in the Mesaverde Williams Fork formation. Well spacing is approximately 10 acres per well.
Wattenberg Field, DJ Basin, Weld County, Colorado: Wells drilled in the area range from approximately 7,000 to 8,000 feet in depth and generally target natural gas and oil reserves in the Niobrara, Codell and J Sand reservoirs. Well spacing ranges from 20 to 40 acres per well.
NECO area, DJ Basin, Yuma County, Colorado and Cheyenne County, Kansas: Wells drilled in the area range from approximately 1,500 to 3,000 feet in depth and target gas reserves in the shallow Niobrara reservoir. Well spacing is approximately 40 acres per well.
Other Rocky Mountain Region Areas: The company owns an interest in 14 gross, 5 net, natural gas and oil wells in Burke County, North Dakota and 3 gross, 0.7 net, oil wells in Wyoming. As of December 31, 2009, its remaining North Dakota leasehold encompasses approximately 58,400 gross acres with approximately 25,600 net undeveloped acres remaining for development and its Wyoming leasehold encompasses approximately 19,200 gross and net undeveloped acres.
The company owns an interest in approximately 271 gross, 88.5 net, natural gas and oil wells in West Virginia, Pennsylvania and Tennessee outside of its interest in its joint venture with Lime Rock. Additionally, in association with the joint venture, the company owns an interest in approximately 1,980 gross, 1,586.4 net, wells. Wells located in this area are approximately 4,500 feet deep and target predominantly gas reserves in Devonian and Mississippian aged tight sandstone reservoirs.
The company owns an interest in approximately 210 gross, 146.5 net, natural gas and oil wells in the Michigan Basin that produced 1.4 Bcfe net to its interest in 2009. As of December 31, 2009, the companys remaining Michigan leasehold encompasses 10,000 gross, 8,500 net, undeveloped acres. Wells in the area range from 1,000 to 2,500 feet in depth and produce gas from the Antrim Shale. It also holds a total of 27,200 gross, 21,500 net, undeveloped acres in New York and Texas.
The company sells its natural gas to other gas marketers, utilities, industrial end-users and other wholesale gas purchasers.
On June 8, 2010, Petroleum Development Corporation announced that it has entered a purchase agreement to increase its acreage position in the Wattenberg Niobrara to 70,000 net acres, 92% of which are held by production.
Petroleum Development Corporation was founded in 1955.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. PETROLEUM DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. PETROLEUM DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. PETROLEUM DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION SWOT ANALYSIS
4. PETROLEUM DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. PETROLEUM DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Petroleum Development Corporation Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Petroleum Development Corporation and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Petroleum Development Corporation and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Petroleum Development Corporation Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Energy Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Petroleum Development Corporation Industry Position Analysis
6. PETROLEUM DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. PETROLEUM DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. PETROLEUM DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. PETROLEUM DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. PETROLEUM DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. PETROLEUM DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Petroleum Development Corporation Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Petroleum Development Corporation Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Petroleum Development Corporation Major Shareholders
Petroleum Development Corporation History
Petroleum Development Corporation Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Petroleum Development Corporation Offices and Representations
Petroleum Development Corporation SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Petroleum Development Corporation Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Petroleum Development Corporation Capital Market Snapshot
Petroleum Development Corporation Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Energy Industry Statistics
Petroleum Development Corporation Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Petroleum Development Corporation Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Petroleum Development Corporation Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Petroleum Development Corporation 1-year Stock Charts
Petroleum Development Corporation 5-year Stock Charts
Petroleum Development Corporation vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Petroleum Development Corporation vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Petroleum Development Corporation Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?