- The report contains detailed information about Petroleo Brasileiro that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Petroleo Brasileiro. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Petroleo Brasileiro financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Petroleo Brasileiro competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Petroleo Brasileiro business.
About Petroleo Brasileiro
Petroleo Brasileiro S.A. engages in exploring, exploiting, and producing oil from reservoir wells, shale, and other rocks; refining, processing, transporting, and trading oil and oil products, natural gas, and other fluid hydrocarbons; and other energy related activities.
The company operates in five segments: Exploration and Production; Refining, Transportation and Marketing; Distribution; Gas and Power; and International.
EXPLORATION AND PRODUCTION
The Exploration and Production segment engages in oil and gas exploration, development, and production in Brazil. The companys domestic oil and gas exploration and production efforts are primarily focused on three major basins offshore in southeastern Brazil: Campos, Espírito Santo, and Santos.
The Campos Basin covers approximately 115,000 square kilometers (28.4 million acres). As of December 31, 2009, the company was producing from 41 fields at an average rate of 1,693.6 mbbl/d of oil. The company is developing 12 major projects in the Campos Basin: Marlim Sul Modules 2 and 3, Marlim Leste Module 2, Roncador Modules 3 and 4, Jubarte Phase II, Cachalote Phase I, pre-salt reservoirs of Parque das Baleias, Papa-Terra, Frade, Ostra, and Baleia Azul.
Espírito Santo Basin
The company has made various discoveries of light oil and natural gas in the Espírito Santo Basin, which covers approximately 75,000 square kilometers (18.5 million acres) offshore and 14,000 square kilometers (3.5 million acres) onshore. As of December 31, 2009, the company was producing from 46 fields at an average rate of 40.9 mbbl/d. As of December 31, 2009, the company held exploration rights to 23 blocks, 6 onshore, and 17 offshore, comprising 8,623 km2 (2.1 million acres).
The Santos Basin, which covers approximately 348,900 square kilometers (86 million acres) off the city of Santos, in the state of Sao Paulo. As of December 31, 2009, it produced oil from two fields and one exploration area at an average rate of 14.4 mbbl/d. It held exploration rights to 49 blocks in the Santos Basin, comprising 28,384 square kilometers (7.0 million acres).
The company produces hydrocarbons and hold exploration acreage in eight other basins in Brazil. The significant are the shallow offshore Camamu Basin and the onshore Potiguar, Reconcavo, Rio Grande do Norte, Sergipe, Alagoas, and Solimões basins.
As of December 31, 2009, the company had 147 exploration agreements covering 225 blocks, and 33 evaluation plans. It is responsible for conducting the exploration activities in 66 of the 147 exploration agreements. As of December 31, 2009, the company had partnerships in exploration with 23 foreign and domestic companies, for a total of 81 agreements.
As of December 31, 2009, the companys estimated proved reserves of crude oil and natural gas in Brazil totaled 11.56 billion barrels of oil equivalent, including 9.92 billion barrels of crude oil and natural gas liquids and 261.24 bnm3 (9.86 tcf) of natural gas.
REFINING, TRANSPORTATION AND MARKETING
The Refining, Transportation and Marketing segment engages in downstream activities in Brazil, including refining, logistics, transportation, oil products and crude oil exports and imports, petrochemicals, and fertilizers. The company owns and operates 11 refineries in Brazil, with a total net distillation capacity of 1,942 mbbl/d.
Logistics and Infrastructure: The company operates an infrastructure of pipelines and terminals and a shipping fleet to transport oil products and crude oil to domestic and export markets. As of December 31, 2009, its onshore and offshore, crude oil and oil products pipelines extended 13,996 kilometers (8,698 miles). The company operates a fleet of owned and chartered vessels. These provide shuttle services between its producing basins offshore Brazil and the Brazilian mainland, domestic shipping and international shipping to other parts of South America, the Caribbean Sea and Gulf of Mexico, Europe, West Africa, and the Middle East.
Imports and Exports: The company also imports and exports crude oil and oil products to
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. PETROLEO BRASILEIRO COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. PETROLEO BRASILEIRO BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. PETROLEO BRASILEIRO SWOT ANALYSIS
4. PETROLEO BRASILEIRO FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. PETROLEO BRASILEIRO COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Petroleo Brasileiro Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Petroleo Brasileiro and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Petroleo Brasileiro and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Petroleo Brasileiro Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Energy Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Petroleo Brasileiro Industry Position Analysis
6. PETROLEO BRASILEIRO NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. PETROLEO BRASILEIRO EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. PETROLEO BRASILEIRO ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. BRAZIL PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. PETROLEO BRASILEIRO IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. PETROLEO BRASILEIRO PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. PETROLEO BRASILEIRO VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Petroleo Brasileiro Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Petroleo Brasileiro Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Petroleo Brasileiro Major Shareholders
Petroleo Brasileiro History
Petroleo Brasileiro Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Petroleo Brasileiro Offices and Representations
Petroleo Brasileiro SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Petroleo Brasileiro Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Petroleo Brasileiro Capital Market Snapshot
Petroleo Brasileiro Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Energy Industry Statistics
Petroleo Brasileiro Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Petroleo Brasileiro Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Petroleo Brasileiro Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Petroleo Brasileiro 1-year Stock Charts
Petroleo Brasileiro 5-year Stock Charts
Petroleo Brasileiro vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Petroleo Brasileiro vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Petroleo Brasileiro Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?