- The report contains detailed information about Pacific Rubiales Energy Corp. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Pacific Rubiales Energy Corp.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Pacific Rubiales Energy Corp. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Pacific Rubiales Energy Corp. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Pacific Rubiales Energy Corp. business.
About Pacific Rubiales Energy Corp.
Pacific Rubiales Energy Corp. engages in the exploration, development, and production of oil and natural gas activities located in the Republic of Colombia and in the Republic of Peru.
In 2008, the company acquired 100% of Kappa Energy Holdings Ltd. (Kappa), an oil and gas exploration and production company. Kappa has gross acreage of 747,000 gross acres and consisting of the following blocks:Abanico25%, Chipalo 100%, Cicuco 94%, Buganviles 49.4%, Guásimo 100%, Arrendajo 32.5%, Las Quinchas 50%, Alhucema 50%, Topoyaco 50% and. Cerrito 81%.
In 2008, the company acquired Pacific Stratus Energy Ltd., which holds a 100% interest in the La Creciente producing block, 90.6% interest in the Guaduas producing block, 27.3% interest in the Rio Ceibas producing block, 80% interest in the Moriche exploration block, 100% interest in the Guama exploration block, 100% interest in the Tacacho technical evaluation agreement (TEA) 50% interest in the Puli-7 exploration well, 100% SSJN-3, 50% SSJN-7, and 60% CR-1, all located in Colombia. Pacific Stratus also holds 100% interests in exploration blocks 135, 137 and 138 located in Peru.
The company owns 75% interest in Rubiales Holdings Ltd., which produces heavy crude oil from its Rubiales and Piriri concessions. The Quifa is in the exploration stage of development. It also holds exploration interests in the following blocks: Jagueyes (100%), Alicante (55%), CP1 (100%), CP6 (50%), CPO1 (100%), CPO12 (40%), CPO14 (62.5%).
The company has 34 exploration and production blocks: 31 in Colombia and 3 in Peru.
On January 18, 2010, Cap-Link Ventures Ltd. announced that its wholly owned subsidiary Petrodorado Ltd. has signed definitive agreement with Pacific Rubiales Energy Corp. (PRE) to farm-in on Moriche block- Mauritia East prospect in Colombia held by PRE.
The company was incorporated in 1985. It was formerly known as Petro Rubiales Energy Corp. and changed its name to Pacific Rubiales Energy Corp. in January 2008.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. PACIFIC RUBIALES ENERGY CORP. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. PACIFIC RUBIALES ENERGY CORP. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. PACIFIC RUBIALES ENERGY CORP. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. PACIFIC RUBIALES ENERGY CORP. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. PACIFIC RUBIALES ENERGY CORP. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Pacific Rubiales Energy Corp. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Pacific Rubiales Energy Corp. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Pacific Rubiales Energy Corp. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Pacific Rubiales Energy Corp. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Energy Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Pacific Rubiales Energy Corp. Industry Position Analysis
6. PACIFIC RUBIALES ENERGY CORP. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. PACIFIC RUBIALES ENERGY CORP. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. PACIFIC RUBIALES ENERGY CORP. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. CANADA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. PACIFIC RUBIALES ENERGY CORP. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. PACIFIC RUBIALES ENERGY CORP. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. PACIFIC RUBIALES ENERGY CORP. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Pacific Rubiales Energy Corp. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Pacific Rubiales Energy Corp. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Pacific Rubiales Energy Corp. Major Shareholders
Pacific Rubiales Energy Corp. History
Pacific Rubiales Energy Corp. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Pacific Rubiales Energy Corp. Offices and Representations
Pacific Rubiales Energy Corp. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Pacific Rubiales Energy Corp. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Pacific Rubiales Energy Corp. Capital Market Snapshot
Pacific Rubiales Energy Corp. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Energy Industry Statistics
Pacific Rubiales Energy Corp. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Pacific Rubiales Energy Corp. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Pacific Rubiales Energy Corp. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Pacific Rubiales Energy Corp. 1-year Stock Charts
Pacific Rubiales Energy Corp. 5-year Stock Charts
Pacific Rubiales Energy Corp. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Pacific Rubiales Energy Corp. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Pacific Rubiales Energy Corp. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?