- The report contains detailed information about Oil States International Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Oil States International Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Oil States International Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Oil States International Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Oil States International Inc. business.
About Oil States International Inc.
Oil States International, Inc., through its subsidiaries, provides specialty products and services to oil and gas drilling and production companies worldwide. The company operates in various active oil and gas producing regions, including Canada, onshore and offshore U.S., West Africa, the North Sea, South America, and southeast and central Asia.
The company operates in three principal business segments: Well Site Services, Offshore Products, and Tubular Services.
WELL SITE SERVICES SEGMENT
The Well Site Services segment includes a range of products and services that are used to drill for, establish, and maintain the flow of oil and natural gas from a well throughout its lifecycle and to accommodate personnel in remote locations. The companys operations include land drilling services, remote site accommodations and rental tools. It uses its fleet of drilling rigs, rental equipment, and accommodation facilities to serve its customers at well sites and project development locations. Its products and services are used in both onshore and offshore applications throughout the exploration, development and production phases of a wells life. Additionally, its accommodations are employed to support work forces in the Canadian oil sands and in various mining and related natural resource applications, as well as forest fire fighting and disaster relief efforts.
Products and Services
Drilling Services: The companys drilling services business is located in the United States and provides land drilling services for shallow to medium depth wells ranging from 1,500 to 15,000 feet. Drilling services are typically used during the exploration and development stages of a field. As of December 31, 2009, the company had a total of 37 semi-automatic drilling rigs with hydraulic pipe handling booms and lift capacities ranging from 75,000 to 500,000 pounds, 14 of which were fabricated and/or assembled in its Odessa, Texas facility with components purchased from specialty vendors. 23 of these drilling rigs are based in Odessa, Texas, 10 are based in the Rocky Mountains region, and 4 are based in Wooster, Ohio. The company markets its drilling services directly to a customer base, consisting of major, independent and private oil and gas companies. Its Permian Basin drilling activities target primarily oil reservoirs while its Rocky Mountain drilling activities target primarily natural gas reservoirs.
Rental Equipment: The companys rental equipment business provides a range of products and services for use in the offshore and onshore oil and gas industry, including wireline and coiled tubing pressure control equipment; wellhead isolation equipment; pipe recovery systems; thru-tubing fishing services; hydraulic chokes and manifolds; blow out preventers; well testing equipment, including separators and line heaters; gravel pack operations on well bores; and surface control equipment and down-hole tools utilized by coiled tubing operators.
The companys rental equipment is primarily used during the completion and production stages of a well. As of December 31, 2009, the company provided rental equipment at 64 distribution points throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico, and Argentina. It provides rental equipment on a daily rental basis with rates varying depending on the type of equipment and the length of time rented. It also provides service personnel in connection with the equipment rental. The companys customers in the rental equipment business include major, independent and private oil and gas companies and other large oilfield service companies. Competition in the rental tool business includes smaller companies.
Accommodations: The company provides integrated services providing accommodations for people working in remote locations in North America. Its modular facilities provide temporary and permanent work force accommodations where traditional hotels and infrastructure are not accessible. Once facilities are deployed in the field, the company can also provide catering and food services, housekeeping, laundry, facility management, water and wastewater treatment, power generation, communications, and r
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. OIL STATES INTERNATIONAL INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. OIL STATES INTERNATIONAL INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. OIL STATES INTERNATIONAL INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. OIL STATES INTERNATIONAL INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. OIL STATES INTERNATIONAL INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Oil States International Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Oil States International Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Oil States International Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Oil States International Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Energy Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Oil States International Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. OIL STATES INTERNATIONAL INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. OIL STATES INTERNATIONAL INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. OIL STATES INTERNATIONAL INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. OIL STATES INTERNATIONAL INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. OIL STATES INTERNATIONAL INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. OIL STATES INTERNATIONAL INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Oil States International Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Oil States International Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Oil States International Inc. Major Shareholders
Oil States International Inc. History
Oil States International Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Oil States International Inc. Offices and Representations
Oil States International Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Oil States International Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Oil States International Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Oil States International Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Energy Industry Statistics
Oil States International Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Oil States International Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Oil States International Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Oil States International Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Oil States International Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Oil States International Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Oil States International Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Oil States International Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?