- The report contains detailed information about NuVista Energy Ltd. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for NuVista Energy Ltd.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The NuVista Energy Ltd. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes NuVista Energy Ltd. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of NuVista Energy Ltd. business.
About NuVista Energy Ltd.
NuVista Energy Ltd., an independent oil and gas company, engages in the exploration, development and production activities on properties located in eight core areas of the Western Canadian Sedimentary Basin.
As of December 31, 2008, the company had proved plus probable reserves of 77.7 million barrels of oil equivalent; and proved reserves of 52.8 million barrels of oil equivalent. During 2008, it drilled 115 (86 net) wells resulting in 65 natural gas wells, 37 oil wells, and 13 dry holes.
Areas of Operation
The company operates primarily in eight core areas Wapiti; Pembina; Ferrier / Sunchild; Kaybob / Waskahigan; Provost; Oyen; Northwest Saskatchewan; and West Central Saskatchewan.
Wapiti, the companys primary core area is located south of Grande Prairie, Alberta, approximately 520 kilometers northwest of Calgary. It has undeveloped land of 125,000 net acres. The company has procured approximately 160 sections of contiguous Montney acreage with an average working interest of 90%. In 2008, it drilled or re-entered 17 wells in the area.
The Pembina core area is located approximately 230 kilometers north of Calgary, Alberta. The company's properties in this core area include Pembina, Pembina Units (including Pembina Keystone Cardium Unit No. 2), Buck Creek and Alsike. The company has a 62% interest in 5 MMcf/d operated sour gas plant and a 100% interest in a 25 MMcf/d gas plant. This area contains 61,000 acres of undeveloped land with average working interest of 80%. In 2008, the company drilled or re-entered 9 (5.7) wells.
The Ferrier/Sunchild core area is approximately 200 kilometers northwest of Calgary, Alberta, and includes both the Ferrier and Sunchild properties. Natural gas production in the Ferrier/Sunchild area is processed at third party facilities, primarily the Keyera Nordegg and the Keyera Strachan gas plants. This core area has an undeveloped land base of approximately 21,000 acres with an average working interest of 77%. It s production in this area comes from natural gas wells. In 2008, the company drilled or re-entered 3 (2.2) wells.
The Kaybob/Waskahigan core area is located approximately 100 kilometers southeast of Grande Prairie, Alberta. This core area has an undeveloped land base of approximately 43,000 acres with an average working interest of 87%. In 2008, it drilled 2 (1.3 net) gas wells.
The company's Provost core area is located west of Saskatchewan border approximately 250 kilometers northeast of Calgary, Alberta. This area contains 101,000 acres of undeveloped land with an average working interest of 88%. The southern portion of this area contains ten prospective natural gas horizons at drill depths of less than 1,100 meters. In 2008, it drilled or re-entered 18 (16.3 net) wells resulting in 12 oil wells, 3 natural gas wells and 3 dry holes.
The company's Oyen core area is located west of Saskatchewan border approximately 175 kilometers northeast of Calgary, Alberta. This core area produces primarily natural gas. This core area contains 224,000 acres of undeveloped land with an average working interest of 85%. In 2008, the company drilled or re-entered 34 (28.3 net) wells.
The company's Northwest Saskatchewan core area is located 100 kilometers east of Cold Lake near the Alberta-Saskatchewan border. The company has 125,000 acres of undeveloped land with an average working interest of 63%. In 2008, the company drilled 15 (11.6 net) wells.
West Central Saskatchewan
The company's West Central Saskatchewan core area is located east of Alberta border approximately 400 kilometers northeast of Calgary. This core area has multi-zone production from both natural gas and heavy oil horizons. This core area contains 56,000 acres of undeveloped land with an average working interest of 78%. In 2008, the company drilled or re-entered 17 (11.9) wells.
NuVista Energy Ltd. was founded in 2003.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. NUVISTA ENERGY LTD. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. NUVISTA ENERGY LTD. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. NUVISTA ENERGY LTD. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. NUVISTA ENERGY LTD. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. NUVISTA ENERGY LTD. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. NuVista Energy Ltd. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of NuVista Energy Ltd. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of NuVista Energy Ltd. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. NuVista Energy Ltd. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Energy Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. NuVista Energy Ltd. Industry Position Analysis
6. NUVISTA ENERGY LTD. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. NUVISTA ENERGY LTD. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. NUVISTA ENERGY LTD. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. CANADA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. NUVISTA ENERGY LTD. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. NUVISTA ENERGY LTD. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. NUVISTA ENERGY LTD. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
NuVista Energy Ltd. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
NuVista Energy Ltd. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
NuVista Energy Ltd. Major Shareholders
NuVista Energy Ltd. History
NuVista Energy Ltd. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
NuVista Energy Ltd. Offices and Representations
NuVista Energy Ltd. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
NuVista Energy Ltd. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
NuVista Energy Ltd. Capital Market Snapshot
NuVista Energy Ltd. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Energy Industry Statistics
NuVista Energy Ltd. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
NuVista Energy Ltd. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
NuVista Energy Ltd. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
NuVista Energy Ltd. 1-year Stock Charts
NuVista Energy Ltd. 5-year Stock Charts
NuVista Energy Ltd. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
NuVista Energy Ltd. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
NuVista Energy Ltd. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?