- The report contains detailed information about Nexxus Lighting, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Nexxus Lighting, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Nexxus Lighting, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Nexxus Lighting, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Nexxus Lighting, Inc. business.
About Nexxus Lighting, Inc.
Nexxus Lighting, Inc. engages in the design, manufacture, marketing, and sale of lighting solutions, including light emitting diode (LED) and fiber optic lighting. The company offers a range of white light, color-changing, and fixed-color lighting solutions that are used for applications in commercial/architectural and pool and spa markets.
The companys LED products include replacement lamps, flood lights, and linear strips. It also offers LED-based signage, channel letter, and contour lighting. These products are marketed under the Array, Savi, eLUM, LiveLED, and HYPERION brands. The companys fiber optic products include fixtures, cable and light sources, and are sold under the Nexxus brand. End-users utilize its products for interior and exterior lighting to provide illumination and create ambience and visual effects.
White Light LED Light Bulbs: The company's products in this type include Array LED MR16, Array LED PAR16, Array LED PAR30, and Array LED G4, which are used in applications, such as retail, commercial, hospitality, institutional, long duty cycle, and hard to reach locations.
General LED Lighting: The company's products in this type include Flex-LED, The Galaxy Pool Light, AGS, Digital Lighting System, Hyperion R-Lite, Lumeon 360, Savi Pool Light, Savi Spa Light, Savi Melody, and the Savi Note, which are used in applications, such as signage, lighting strips, pool and spa, and architectural lighting, entertainment.
Commercial/Architectural LED Lighting: The company's products in this type include Savi Linear, Savi Flood, Savi Flood Strip, Savi 512 DMX control system, Savi SHO Floodlight, Savi SHO-White Floodlight, LiveLED, and eLUM, which are used in applications, such as commercial/ architectural lighting and entertainment.
Fiber Optic Cables: The company's products in this type include SideGlow, 3M, EndGlow, MegaGlow, RadiaLyte, MegaLyte, and FocaLyte, which are used in applications, such as alternative to neon lighting for indoor and outdoor architectural accents and signs and displays.
Fiber Optic Light Sources: The company's products in this type include SpectroLyte, FiberPro, Eclipse, SV1500, StarPro, and SV750, which are used in applications , such as pool and spa, residential, commercial, display case lighting, interior theme lighting, and signage.
Waterfalls: The company offers Oasis, which is used in pool and spa applications.
Sales and Marketing
Commercial/Architectural: The company markets and sells its LED and fiber optic lighting products and systems through its Nexxus Commercial Lighting and Lumificient divisions. Nexxus Commercial Lighting products are sold primarily through a global network of individual lighting agencies. Array replacement lamps also are sold through independent energy savings companies which assist customers with improved energy usage. Lumificient products are sold primarily through independent local sign and lighting manufacturers and distributors, as well as select national accounts.
Pool and Spa: The company markets and sells its lighting products in the swimming pool and spa market to pool and spa distributors and pool builders through a network of independent manufacturers representatives.
The company competes with traditional lighting companies, including Acuity Brands Lighting, Inc.; Cooper Lighting (a division of Cooper Industries, Inc.); Hubbell Lighting, Inc. (a division of Hubbell Incorporated); Juno Lighting Group (a division of Schneider Electric SA); and Philips Lighting (a division of Koninklijke Philips Electronics N.V.) in the general illumination market. Additionally, it competes with specialized lighting companies that offer competing LED and fiber optic lighting products, including Energy Focus, Inc., Illumivision, Inc. and Lighting Science Group Corporation. It also identifies competition from General Electric, Osram Sylvania, and Royal Philips Electronics in the general lighting industry.
The company was founded in 1991. It was formerly known as Super Vision International, Inc. and changed its name to Nexxus Lighting, Inc. in 2007.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. NEXXUS LIGHTING, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. NEXXUS LIGHTING, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. NEXXUS LIGHTING, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. NEXXUS LIGHTING, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. NEXXUS LIGHTING, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Nexxus Lighting, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Nexxus Lighting, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Nexxus Lighting, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Nexxus Lighting, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Electrical Equipment Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Nexxus Lighting, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. NEXXUS LIGHTING, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. NEXXUS LIGHTING, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. NEXXUS LIGHTING, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. NEXXUS LIGHTING, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. NEXXUS LIGHTING, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. NEXXUS LIGHTING, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Nexxus Lighting, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Nexxus Lighting, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Nexxus Lighting, Inc. Major Shareholders
Nexxus Lighting, Inc. History
Nexxus Lighting, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Nexxus Lighting, Inc. Offices and Representations
Nexxus Lighting, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Nexxus Lighting, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Nexxus Lighting, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Nexxus Lighting, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Electrical Equipment Industry Statistics
Nexxus Lighting, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Nexxus Lighting, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Nexxus Lighting, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Nexxus Lighting, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Nexxus Lighting, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Nexxus Lighting, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Nexxus Lighting, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Nexxus Lighting, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?