- The report contains detailed information about Newfield Exploration Co. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Newfield Exploration Co.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Newfield Exploration Co. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Newfield Exploration Co. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Newfield Exploration Co. business.
About Newfield Exploration Co.
Newfield Exploration Company, an independent oil and gas company, engages in the exploration, development and acquisition of oil and gas properties. The companys domestic areas of operation include the Anadarko and Arkoma Basins of the Mid-Continent, the Rocky Mountains, onshore Texas, and the Gulf of Mexico. Internationally, it is also active in Malaysia and China. As of December 31, 2009, it had proved reserves of 3.6 Tcfe.
The companys activities in the Mid-Continent are focused primarily in the Anadarko and Arkoma Basins. As of December 31, 2009, it owned a working interest in approximately 725,000 gross acres (approximately 400,000 net acres) and approximately 2,300 gross producing wells.
Woodford Shale: The company primarily focuses on the Woodford Shale in its Mid-Continent division, located in the Arkoma Basin of southeast Oklahoma. As of December 31, 2009, it owned an interest in approximately 166,500 net acres. Its average working interest is approximately 60%.
Granite Wash: The company is active in the Granite Wash play located in the Anadarko Basin of northern Texas and western Oklahoma and has approximately 44,000 net acres in the play. Its major producing field in the Granite Wash is Stiles/Britt Ranch, where it operates and owns an average 75% working interest. The company has an inventory of approximately 250 locations in the Granite Wash.
As of December 31, 2009, the company owned an interest in approximately 1.4 million gross acres (1 million net acres) and approximately 2,400 gross producing wells in the Rocky Mountains. Its operations are focused primarily on oil plays in the Uinta, Williston, and southern Alberta basins.
Monument Butte: The companys major asset in the Rocky Mountains is the Monument Butte oil field, located in the Uinta Basin of Utah. Its working interest in the field averages approximately 80% and the company operates the field. The company has approximately 1,300 productive oil wells in Monument Butte. Its acreage in this region is approximately 180,000 net acres.
Williston Basin/Southern Alberta Basin: The company has approximately 150,000 net acres in the Williston Basin, excluding approximately 54,000 net acres in the mature Elm Coulee field. As of December 31, 2009, the company had drilled 14 successful wells with production from the Bakken and Sanish/Three Forks formations. It has approximately 221,000 net acres in the southern Alberta Basin.
Green River Basin: The company owns interests in 4,000 net acres in the Pinedale Field, located in Sublette County, Wyoming and operates its activities in Pinedale. It also has an interest in the Jonah field, located in Sublette County, Wyoming, where it has identified approximately 35 development locations on 10- and 5-acre well spacing.
Appalachia: In 2009, the company signed a joint exploration agreement with Hess Corporation covering approximately 140,000 gross acres in the Marcellus Shale play, primarily in Wayne County, Pennsylvania. The company is the operator of this venture with a 50% working interest. As of December 31, 2009, the company had leased approximately 35,000 net acres.
The company also has operations in conventional plays onshore Texas, in the Gulf of Mexico, and offshore Malaysia and China.
Onshore Texas: As of December 31, 2009, the company owned an interest in approximately 375,000 gross acres (224,000 net) and approximately 750 gross producing wells onshore Texas. The company slowed its activities in many of its conventional natural gas plays onshore Texas in 2009 in response to lower natural gas prices. In February 2010, its acquired certain of TXCO Resources Inc.s assets in the Maverick Basin of southwest Texas.
Gulf of Mexico: The companys Gulf of Mexico operations are focused on the deepwater. As of December 31, 2009, it owned interests in 86 deepwater leases and approximately 370,000 net acres. The companys working interests typically range from 20-50%.
International: The companys international activities are focused in southeast Asia. It has production and active developments offshore Malaysia and China. The company has an interest in approximately 3 million acres gross (1.1 million net) offshore Malaysia and approximately 1.7 million acres gross (1.6 million net) offshore China.
In November 2010, Newfield Exploration Co. announced the signing of a purchase and sale agreement with EOG Resources Inc., for approximately 50,000 net acres in the Marcellus Shale. The acreage is located in Bradford County, Pennsylvania, in the Susquehanna River Basin.
Newfield Exploration Company was founded in 1988.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. NEWFIELD EXPLORATION CO. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. NEWFIELD EXPLORATION CO. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. NEWFIELD EXPLORATION CO. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. NEWFIELD EXPLORATION CO. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. NEWFIELD EXPLORATION CO. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Newfield Exploration Co. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Newfield Exploration Co. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Newfield Exploration Co. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Newfield Exploration Co. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Energy Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Newfield Exploration Co. Industry Position Analysis
6. NEWFIELD EXPLORATION CO. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. NEWFIELD EXPLORATION CO. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. NEWFIELD EXPLORATION CO. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. NEWFIELD EXPLORATION CO. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. NEWFIELD EXPLORATION CO. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. NEWFIELD EXPLORATION CO. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Newfield Exploration Co. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Newfield Exploration Co. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Newfield Exploration Co. Major Shareholders
Newfield Exploration Co. History
Newfield Exploration Co. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Newfield Exploration Co. Offices and Representations
Newfield Exploration Co. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Newfield Exploration Co. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Newfield Exploration Co. Capital Market Snapshot
Newfield Exploration Co. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Energy Industry Statistics
Newfield Exploration Co. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Newfield Exploration Co. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Newfield Exploration Co. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Newfield Exploration Co. 1-year Stock Charts
Newfield Exploration Co. 5-year Stock Charts
Newfield Exploration Co. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Newfield Exploration Co. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Newfield Exploration Co. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?