- The report contains detailed information about Neste Oil Corp. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Neste Oil Corp.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Neste Oil Corp. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Neste Oil Corp. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Neste Oil Corp. business.
About Neste Oil Corp.
Neste Oil Corporation operates as an oil refining and marketing company in Finland and internationally. The companys refineries and other production facilities, together with its network of service stations and other retail outlets in Finland and the Baltic Rim area, supply both domestic and export markets with gasoline, diesel fuel, aviation fuel, marine fuel, heating oil, heavy fuel oil, base oil, lubricant, traffic fuel component, solvent, liquefied petroleum gas, bitumen, and NExBTL renewable diesel.
The company operates in five segments: Oil Refining, Renewable Fuels, Specialty Products, Oil Retail, and Shipping.
The Oil Refining Segment produces refining petroleum products with a particular focus on low-emission traffic fuels and supplies them to wholesale customers in Europe and North America.
The Renewable Fuels Segment engages in the production and marketing of NExBTL renewable diesel based on the companys proprietary technology in Europe. NExBTL renewable diesel offers a reduction in both greenhouse gas and other harmful emissions.
The Specialty Products Segment engages in the production, sale, and marketing of base oils and gasoline components; and management of holding in Nynas, a producer of bitumen and naphthenic specialty oils in Europe and North America. The base oils produced by the company are mainly used in the manufacture of motor lubricants. The company produces traffic fuel components for use in its own products and for sale to other oil companies. Low vapor pressure isooctane is used as a high-octane hydrocarbon component for blending ethanol with gasoline. The company produces iso-octane at a plant in Edmonton in Canada, output from which goes to refiners on the U.S. West Coast and Canada. Ethanol is often blended into gasoline in the form of ethyl tert-butyl ether (ETBE).
The Oil Retail Segment markets petroleum products to private motorists, industry, transport companies, farmers, and heating oil customers in Finland and the Baltic Rim.
The Shipping Segment engages in the marine transportation of crude oil, petroleum products, and chemicals. Operations are mainly concentrated in the Baltic, the North Sea, and the North Atlantic.
In February 2008, Neste Jacobs, subsidiary of the company, acquired 90% of the shares of an engineering company, Rintekno, which is an engineering company specialized in engineering services for oil refining, chemicals, and biopharma industries.
Nynas AB: Nynas AB is a Swedish company that involves in producing and marketing bitumen in Europe and naphthenics globally. Nynas AB is governed as a 50/50 owned joint venture.
Glacia Ltd: Glacia Ltd is a joint venture company owned on a 50/50 basis by the company and Stena Maritime AG (part of the Stena Group). The company owns an Aframax-size crude tanker.
Terra Ltd and Lacus Ltd: Terra Ltd and Lacus Ltd are two joint venture companies owned on a 50/50 basis by the company and Concordia Maritime AG (part of the Stena Group). Both companies own Panamax-size product tankers.
NSE Biofuels Oy Ltd: NSE Biofuels Oy Ltd is an equally owned joint venture between the company and Stora Enso located in Varkaus, Finland. The company focuses on building a demonstration plant for biowax production based on gasification of wood-based biomass.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. NESTE OIL CORP. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. NESTE OIL CORP. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. NESTE OIL CORP. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. NESTE OIL CORP. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. NESTE OIL CORP. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Neste Oil Corp. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Neste Oil Corp. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Neste Oil Corp. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Neste Oil Corp. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Energy Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Neste Oil Corp. Industry Position Analysis
6. NESTE OIL CORP. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. NESTE OIL CORP. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. NESTE OIL CORP. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. FINLAND PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. NESTE OIL CORP. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. NESTE OIL CORP. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. NESTE OIL CORP. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Neste Oil Corp. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Neste Oil Corp. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Neste Oil Corp. Major Shareholders
Neste Oil Corp. History
Neste Oil Corp. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Neste Oil Corp. Offices and Representations
Neste Oil Corp. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Neste Oil Corp. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Neste Oil Corp. Capital Market Snapshot
Neste Oil Corp. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Energy Industry Statistics
Neste Oil Corp. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Neste Oil Corp. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Neste Oil Corp. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Neste Oil Corp. 1-year Stock Charts
Neste Oil Corp. 5-year Stock Charts
Neste Oil Corp. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Neste Oil Corp. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Neste Oil Corp. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?