- The report contains detailed information about Natural Gas Services Group Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Natural Gas Services Group Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Natural Gas Services Group Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Natural Gas Services Group Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Natural Gas Services Group Inc. business.
About Natural Gas Services Group Inc.
Natural Gas Services Group, Inc. provides small to medium horsepower compression equipment to the natural gas industry. The company focuses primarily on the non-conventional natural gas production business in the United States (such as coal bed methane, gas shale and tight gas). It manufactures, fabricates, and rents natural gas compressors that improve the production of natural gas wells and provides maintenance services for those compressors. In addition, the company sells custom fabricated natural gas compressors to meet customer specifications dictated by well pressures, production characteristics, and particular applications. It also manufactures and sells flare systems for oil and gas plant and production facilities.
The company operates through three segments, including Gas Compressor Rental; Engineered Equipment Sales; and Service and Maintenance.
Gas Compressor Rental
The companys rental business is primarily focused on non-conventional gas production. It provides rental of small to medium horsepower compression equipment to customers under contracts typically having minimum initial terms of 6 to 24 months. As of December 31, 2009, the company had 1,776 natural gas compressors in its rental fleet totaling approximately 223,694 horsepower.
Engineered Equipment Sales
The Engineered Equipment Sales segment includes the following components: compressor fabrication; compressor manufacturing; flare fabrication; and parts sales and compressor rebuilds.
Compressor fabrication: Fabrication involves the assembly of compressor components manufactured by the company or other third parties into compressor units that are ready for rental or sale. In addition to fabricating compressors for its rental fleet, the company engineers and fabricates natural gas compressors for sale to customers to meet their specifications based on well pressure, production characteristics and the particular applications for which compression is sought.
Compressor manufacturing: The company designs and manufactures its own proprietary line of reciprocating compressor frames, cylinders and parts known as its CiP, or Cylinder-in-Plane, product line. It uses the finished components to fabricate compressor units for its rental fleet or for sale to third parties. The company also sells finished components to other fabricators.
Flare fabrication: The company designs, fabricates, sells, installs, and services flare stacks and related ignition and control devices for the onshore and offshore incineration of gas compounds, such as hydrogen sulfide, carbon dioxide, natural gas, and liquefied petroleum gases.
Parts sales and compressor rebuilds: To provide customer support for its compressor and flare sales businesses, the company stocks varying levels of replacement parts at its Midland, Texas facility and at field service locations. It also provides an exchange and rebuild program for screw compressors and maintain an inventory of new and used compressors to facilitate this part of its business.
Service and Maintenance: The company services and maintains compressors owned by its customers on an as needed basis. Natural gas compressors require routine maintenance and periodic refurbishing to prolong their useful life. Routine maintenance includes physical and visual inspections and other parametric checks that indicate a change in the condition of the compressors. The company performs wear-particle analysis on various packages and performs overhauls on a condition-based interval or a time-based schedule.
Customers and Markets
The company provides its products and services to a customer base of oil and natural gas exploration and production companies operating in New Mexico, Texas, Michigan, Colorado, Wyoming, Utah, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, and Kansas. Its major customers are Devon Energy Production Inc. and XTO Energy Inc.
Natural Gas Services Group, Inc. was founded in 1998.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. NATURAL GAS SERVICES GROUP INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. NATURAL GAS SERVICES GROUP INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. NATURAL GAS SERVICES GROUP INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. NATURAL GAS SERVICES GROUP INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. NATURAL GAS SERVICES GROUP INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Natural Gas Services Group Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Natural Gas Services Group Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Natural Gas Services Group Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Natural Gas Services Group Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Energy Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Natural Gas Services Group Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. NATURAL GAS SERVICES GROUP INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. NATURAL GAS SERVICES GROUP INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. NATURAL GAS SERVICES GROUP INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. NATURAL GAS SERVICES GROUP INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. NATURAL GAS SERVICES GROUP INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. NATURAL GAS SERVICES GROUP INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Natural Gas Services Group Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Natural Gas Services Group Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Natural Gas Services Group Inc. Major Shareholders
Natural Gas Services Group Inc. History
Natural Gas Services Group Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Natural Gas Services Group Inc. Offices and Representations
Natural Gas Services Group Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Natural Gas Services Group Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Natural Gas Services Group Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Natural Gas Services Group Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Energy Industry Statistics
Natural Gas Services Group Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Natural Gas Services Group Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Natural Gas Services Group Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Natural Gas Services Group Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Natural Gas Services Group Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Natural Gas Services Group Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Natural Gas Services Group Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Natural Gas Services Group Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?