- The report contains detailed information about Murphy Oil Corporation that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Murphy Oil Corporation. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Murphy Oil Corporation financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Murphy Oil Corporation competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Murphy Oil Corporation business.
About Murphy Oil Corporation
Murphy Oil Corporation engages in the exploration and production of oil and gas properties in the United States and the United Kingdom.
The companys operations are classified into two business activities: Exploration and Production and Refining and Marketing. Murphys exploration and production activities are subdivided into six geographic segments, including the United States, Canada, Malaysia, the United Kingdom, Republic of the Congo and all other countries. Murphys refining and marketing activities are subdivided into geographic segments for North America and the United Kingdom.
Exploration and Production
The companys exploration and production business explores for and produces crude oil, natural gas and natural gas liquids worldwide.
During 2009, Murphys principal exploration and production activities were conducted in the United States by wholly owned Murphy Exploration & Production Company USA (Murphy Expro USA), in Malaysia, Republic of the Congo, Indonesia, Australia and Suriname by wholly owned Murphy Exploration & Production Company International (Murphy Expro International) and its subsidiaries, in western Canada and offshore eastern Canada by wholly owned Murphy Oil Company Ltd. (MOCL) and its subsidiaries, and in the U.K. North Sea and the Atlantic Margin by wholly owned Murphy Petroleum Limited. MOCL owns a 5% undivided interest in Syncrude Canada Ltd. in northern Alberta.
In Canada, the company owns an interest in three significant non-operated assets the Hibernia and Terra Nova fields offshore Newfoundland in the Jeanne dArc Basin and Syncrude Canada Ltd. in northern Alberta. In addition, the company owns interests in one heavy oil area and one significant natural gas area in the western Canadian Sedimentary Basin (WCSB). The company has a 6.5% interest in Hibernia, while at Terra Nova the companys working interest has been 12.0%.
In Malaysia, the company has majority interests in seven separate production sharing contracts (PSCs). The company serves as the operator of all these areas, which cover approximately 9.6 million acres. The company has a 75% interest in gas holding agreements for Kenarong and Pertang discoveries made in Block PM 311, located offshore peninsular Malaysia.
Murphy produces oil and natural gas in the United Kingdom sector of the North Sea. Total proved reserves in the U.K., as of December 31, 2009, were 11.7 million barrels of oil and 28.8 billion cubic feet of natural gas.
The company has interests in Production Sharing Agreements covering two offshore blocks in Republic of the Congo Mer Profonde Sud (MPS) and Mer Profonde Nord (MPN). The companys interests cover approximately 1.33 million acres with water depths ranging from 490 to 6,900 feet, and the company serves as operator of the area.
Refining and Marketing
The companys refining and marketing businesses are located in the United States and the United Kingdom, and primarily consist of operations that refine crude oil and other feedstocks into petroleum products such as gasoline and distillates, buy and sell crude oil and refined products, and transport and market petroleum products. The company acquired an ethanol production facility in North Dakota during 2009.
Murphy Oil USA, Inc. (MOUSA), a wholly owned subsidiary of Murphy Oil Corporation, owns and operates two refineries in the United States. The larger of its the U.S. refineries is at Meraux, Louisiana, on the Mississippi River approximately 10 miles southeast of New Orleans. The refinery is located on fee land. The companys refinery at Superior, Wisconsin is also located on fee land. Murco Petroleum Limited (Murco), a wholly owned the U.K. subsidiary, owns 100% interest in a refinery at Milford Haven, Wales.
MOUSA markets refined products through a network of retail gasoline stations and branded and unbranded wholesale customers in a 24-state area of the southern and Midwestern the United States. Murphys retail stations are primarily located in the parking lots of Walmart Supercenters in 21 states and use the brand name Murphy USA . The company also markets gasoline and other products at stand-alone stations under
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. MURPHY OIL CORPORATION COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. MURPHY OIL CORPORATION BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. MURPHY OIL CORPORATION SWOT ANALYSIS
4. MURPHY OIL CORPORATION FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. MURPHY OIL CORPORATION COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Murphy Oil Corporation Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Murphy Oil Corporation and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Murphy Oil Corporation and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Murphy Oil Corporation Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Energy Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Murphy Oil Corporation Industry Position Analysis
6. MURPHY OIL CORPORATION NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. MURPHY OIL CORPORATION EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. MURPHY OIL CORPORATION ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. MURPHY OIL CORPORATION IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. MURPHY OIL CORPORATION PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. MURPHY OIL CORPORATION VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Murphy Oil Corporation Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Murphy Oil Corporation Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Murphy Oil Corporation Major Shareholders
Murphy Oil Corporation History
Murphy Oil Corporation Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Murphy Oil Corporation Offices and Representations
Murphy Oil Corporation SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Murphy Oil Corporation Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Murphy Oil Corporation Capital Market Snapshot
Murphy Oil Corporation Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Energy Industry Statistics
Murphy Oil Corporation Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Murphy Oil Corporation Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Murphy Oil Corporation Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Murphy Oil Corporation 1-year Stock Charts
Murphy Oil Corporation 5-year Stock Charts
Murphy Oil Corporation vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Murphy Oil Corporation vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Murphy Oil Corporation Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?