- The report contains detailed information about Mitcham Industries Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Mitcham Industries Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Mitcham Industries Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Mitcham Industries Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Mitcham Industries Inc. business.
About Mitcham Industries Inc.
Mitcham Industries, Inc. engages in the leasing of seismic equipment to the oil and gas industry worldwide. The company also engages in the sale of new and used seismic equipment and in the design, manufacture and sale of marine seismic equipment. It leases and sells geophysical and other equipment used primarily by seismic data acquisition contractors to perform seismic data acquisition surveys on land, in transition zones (marsh and shallow water areas) and marine areas.
The companys operating subsidiaries are Mitcham Canada Ltd (MCL), Seismic Asia Pacific Pty Ltd. (SAP), Mitcham Seismic Eurasia LLC (MSE), Seamap (UK) Ltd (Seamap UK), and Seamap Pte. Ltd (Seamap Singapore).
In March 2010, MCL acquired Absolute Equipment Solutions, Inc. (AES), a company located in Calgary, Alberta. AES produces, leases and sells heli-pickers and related equipment. This equipment is utilized by seismic contractors and helicopter operators to deploy and retrieve seismic equipment in the field.
The company leases and sells geophysical and other equipment used primarily by seismic data acquisition contractors to perform seismic data acquisition surveys on land, in transition zones (marsh and shallow water areas) and marine areas. It owns equipment acquired from the seismic manufacturers. Its lease pool includes many types of equipment used in seismic data acquisition, including various electronic components of land, transition zone and marine seismic data acquisition systems, geophones and cables, earth vibrators, peripheral equipment, survey and other equipment. The majority of its seismic equipment lease pool is provided by two manufacturers, the Sercel subsidiaries of Compagnie Generale de Geophysique-Veritas (Sercel and CGV, respectively) and ION Geophysical Corporation (ION).
SAP sells equipment, consumables, systems integration, engineering hardware and software maintenance support services to the seismic, hydrographic, oceanographic, environmental and defense industries throughout Southeast Asia and Australia. MII and MCL also sell a range of used seismic equipment on a worldwide basis. Seamap designs, manufactures and sells a broad range of proprietary products for the seismic, hydrographic and offshore industries. Seamaps primary products include the GunLink seismic source acquisition and control systems, which provide operators of marine seismic surveys more precise control of energy sources, and the BuoyLink RGPS tracking system, which is used to provide precise positioning of seismic sources and streamers.
The company owns a lease pool of seismic equipment for short-term leasing to its customers, who are primarily seismic data acquisition contractors and oil field service providers (in the case of downhole equipment). It leases this equipment multiple times until the end of its useful life or its sale. Its equipment leasing services generally include lease of the various components of seismic data acquisition systems and related equipment to meet a customers job specifications. Its customers generally lease seismic equipment to supplement their own inventory of recording channels and related equipment.
The companys land equipment lease pool includes a total of approximately 110,000 seismic recording land channels (each channel capable of electronically converting seismic data from analog to digital format and transmitting the digital data), geophones and cables, and other peripheral equipment. Its lease pool of marine seismic equipment includes approximately 19 kilometers of streamers (recording channels that are towed behind a vessel), air compressors, air guns, streamer positioning equipment, energy source controllers and other equipment. The companys lease pool of downhole equipment includes approximately 215 levels of downhole seismic tools. Its lease pool equipment is manufactured by seismic equipment manufacturers and is used in the seismic industry. The companys marine lease pool includes energy source controllers and RGPS tracking systems that are manufactured by its Seamap segment.
The company provides maintenance of its leased equipment during the lease term for malfunctions due to failure of material and parts and would provide replacement equipment, as necessary. In addition, the company provides field technical support services when requested by its customers.
Lease Pool Equipment Sales: The company sells used equipment from its lease pool, normally in response to specific customer demand or to declining demand for rental of specific equipment.
Other Equipment Sales: The Other equipment sales included in its Equipment Leasing segment fall into two categories, sales of new seismic equipment; and sales of hydrographic and oceanographic equipment.
Seamap Equipment Sales: Seamap designs, manufactures and sells a range of proprietary products for the seismic, hydrographic and offshore industries. Seamaps primary products include the GunLink seismic source acquisition and control systems, which are designed to provide operators of marine seismic surveys precise control of energy sources; and the BuoyLink RGPS tracking system used to provide precise positioning of seismic sources and streamers. Seamaps design operations are located in the United Kingdom and in Singapore and its manufacturing facilities are located in Singapore.
The company acquires the majority of its seismic lease pool equipment from, Sercel. It also acquires lease pool equipment from a number of other suppliers including ION, Bauer Compressors, Inc., and OYO Geospace Corporation. Software utilized by Seamaps GunLink products was developed by Tanglesolve Instrumentation, Ltd.
Mitcham Industries, Inc. was founded in 1987.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. MITCHAM INDUSTRIES INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. MITCHAM INDUSTRIES INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. MITCHAM INDUSTRIES INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. MITCHAM INDUSTRIES INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. MITCHAM INDUSTRIES INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Mitcham Industries Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Mitcham Industries Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Mitcham Industries Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Mitcham Industries Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Energy Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Mitcham Industries Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. MITCHAM INDUSTRIES INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. MITCHAM INDUSTRIES INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. MITCHAM INDUSTRIES INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. MITCHAM INDUSTRIES INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. MITCHAM INDUSTRIES INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. MITCHAM INDUSTRIES INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Mitcham Industries Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Mitcham Industries Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Mitcham Industries Inc. Major Shareholders
Mitcham Industries Inc. History
Mitcham Industries Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Mitcham Industries Inc. Offices and Representations
Mitcham Industries Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Mitcham Industries Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Mitcham Industries Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Mitcham Industries Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Energy Industry Statistics
Mitcham Industries Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Mitcham Industries Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Mitcham Industries Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Mitcham Industries Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Mitcham Industries Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Mitcham Industries Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Mitcham Industries Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Mitcham Industries Inc. Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?