- The report contains detailed information about Magnum Hunter Resources Corp. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Magnum Hunter Resources Corp.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Magnum Hunter Resources Corp. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Magnum Hunter Resources Corp. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Magnum Hunter Resources Corp. business.
About Magnum Hunter Resources Corp.
Magnum Hunter Resources Corporation, an independent oil and gas company, engages in the acquisition, drilling, and production of oil and natural gas primarily in West Virginia, North Dakota, Texas, and Louisiana.
The company is active in three resource plays in the United States, including the Marcellus Shale, Eagle Ford Shale, and Williston Basin / Bakken Shale. As of December 31, 2009, its estimated proved reserves were 6.2 MMboe.
Appalachian Basin / Marcellus Shale
With the completion of the acquisition of Triad Energy Corporation in February of 2010, as of March 29, 2010, the company held approximately 87,000 net acres in the Appalachian Basin, including approximately 46,000 net acres overlying the Marcellus Shale. The company operates 2,048 wells. The Appalachian Basin includes the states of West Virginia, Ohio, Kentucky, Pennsylvania, Maryland, New York, Virginia, and Tennessee. Its mineral lease acreage covers Pleasants, Tyler, Ritchie, Calhoun, Clay, Roane, Wayne, Wirt, Wood, and Lewis Counties in West Virginia, Leigh, Elliott and Morgan Counties in Kentucky and Morgan, Noble and Washington Counties in Ohio.
North Dakota-Williston Basin / Madison Group / Bakken Shale
As of December 31, 2009, the company owned an approximately 43% average working interest in 15 fields located in the Williston Basin in North Dakota comprising 146 wells and approximately 18,600 gross acres located in Burke, Renville, Ward, Bottineau, and McHenry counties in North Dakota. The Williston Basin is spread across North Dakota, Montana, and parts of southern Canada with the United States portion of the basin encompassing approximately 143,000 square miles. The basin produces oil and gas from various producing horizons, including the Madison, Bakken, Three Forks/Sanish, and Red River formations.
South Texas / Eagle Ford Shale
As of March 29, 2010, the company had approximately 15,000 net acres (20,000 gross) primarily targeting the Eagle Ford Shale. The Eagle Ford Shale produces from depths that range from approximately 6,500 feet to 15,000 feet deep. The Eagle Ford Shale produces in the Texas counties of Atascosa, Brazos, Burleson, Dewitt, Dimmit, Gonzales, Karnes, La Salle, Lee, Live Oak, Maverick, McMullen and Webb, spanning approximately 300 miles of the Texas Gulf Coast. The company has identified approximately 35 horizontal Eagle Ford Shale drilling locations. Working interest varies from 50% in Lee and Fayette Counties, Texas to 100% in Gonzales and Atascosa Counties, Texas.
South Louisiana / East Chalkley
The companys East Chalkley field is located in Cameron Parish, Louisiana. The unit consists of approximately 714 gross acres. This developmental project is an exploitation of bypassed oil reserves remaining in a natural gas field located at depths between 9,300 feet and 9,400 feet. The company operates East Chalkley and owns a 62% working interest with a 42.78% net revenue interest. As of March 29, 2010, the company had two wells producing at a rate of approximately 100 gross Bbls per day.
West Texas / Cinco Terry
The company owns a 10% working interest in an exploratory prospect area in Crockett County, Texas. The Cinco Terry project area has oil and natural gas potential from multiple horizons, including the Canyon (approximately 7,500 feet to 8,100 feet) and Ellenburger Sands (approximately 8,200 feet to 8,800 feet). The company has identified approximately 150 additional drilling locations.
East Texas / Surprise The Surprise Project is located in Nacogdoches County, Texas with natural gas potential from multiple horizons, including James Lime, Pettit, Travis Peak, Expanded Bossier, Cotton Valley, and Haynesville Shale formations. The prospect is operated by Goodrich Petroleum Corporation. The prospect area consists of approximately 3,000 gross (300 net) acres and the company has a 10% working interest in the prospect and a net revenue interest of 7.4%.
Other In addition to its unconventional and other conventional properties, the company has approximately 184,300 gross (31,287 net) undeveloped acres in the states of New Mexico, Kentucky, and Utah.
In September 30, 2009, the company acquired Sharon Resources, Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of Calgary-based Sharon Energy Ltd., bringing an inventory of drilling locations focused in the Eagle Ford Shale located in South Texas.
On May 25, 2010, Magnum Hunter Resources Corp. announced a new joint operating and exploration agreement with privately-held Hunt Oil Company based in Dallas, Texas. The area of mutual interest covers existing mineral lease acreage positions owned by both companies in Gonzales and Lavaca Counties, Texas.
On December 17, 2010, Magnum Hunter Resources Corporation announced that the company has entered into an agreement for the construction of a new 200 MMcf per day capacity cryogenic natural gas processing plant.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. MAGNUM HUNTER RESOURCES CORP. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. MAGNUM HUNTER RESOURCES CORP. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. MAGNUM HUNTER RESOURCES CORP. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. MAGNUM HUNTER RESOURCES CORP. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. MAGNUM HUNTER RESOURCES CORP. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Magnum Hunter Resources Corp. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Magnum Hunter Resources Corp. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Magnum Hunter Resources Corp. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Magnum Hunter Resources Corp. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Energy Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Magnum Hunter Resources Corp. Industry Position Analysis
6. MAGNUM HUNTER RESOURCES CORP. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. MAGNUM HUNTER RESOURCES CORP. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. MAGNUM HUNTER RESOURCES CORP. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. MAGNUM HUNTER RESOURCES CORP. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. MAGNUM HUNTER RESOURCES CORP. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. MAGNUM HUNTER RESOURCES CORP. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Magnum Hunter Resources Corp. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Magnum Hunter Resources Corp. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Magnum Hunter Resources Corp. Major Shareholders
Magnum Hunter Resources Corp. History
Magnum Hunter Resources Corp. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Magnum Hunter Resources Corp. Offices and Representations
Magnum Hunter Resources Corp. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Magnum Hunter Resources Corp. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Magnum Hunter Resources Corp. Capital Market Snapshot
Magnum Hunter Resources Corp. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Energy Industry Statistics
Magnum Hunter Resources Corp. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Magnum Hunter Resources Corp. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Magnum Hunter Resources Corp. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Magnum Hunter Resources Corp. 1-year Stock Charts
Magnum Hunter Resources Corp. 5-year Stock Charts
Magnum Hunter Resources Corp. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Magnum Hunter Resources Corp. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Magnum Hunter Resources Corp. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?