- The report contains detailed information about Link Energy LLC that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Link Energy LLC. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Link Energy LLC financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Link Energy LLC competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Link Energy LLC business.
About Link Energy LLC
Link Energy LLC is a Delaware limited liability company formed in 2002. The Company is engaged in the purchasing, gathering, transporting, trading, storage and resale of crude oil and related activities. The Company is a major independent crude oil gathering and marketing companies in North America. The company currently gathers and markets from approximately 17,000 field gathering points in 15 states and Canada averaging 254,000 barrels per day at the end of 2003. In addition, it is engaged in interstate and intrastate crude oil transportation and crude oil terminalling and storage activities.
The company purchases crude oil from various producers and operators and markets the crude oil to refiners and other customers nationwide. The Company transports crude oil through pipelines, including approximately 7,450 miles of active gathering and transmission pipelines that it owns, as well as through its trucking operations, which includes a fleet of 200 owned or leased trucks. The company has approximately 8.1 million barrels of active storage capacity associated with field tanks.
The companys principal business segments are its North American Crude Oil gathering and marketing operations and its Pipeline Operations.
North American Crude Oil Operations
The companys crude oil gathering and marketing operations consist of purchasing and gathering crude oil from approximately 1,400 producers, operators and other sellers in 15 states and Canada for subsequent sale to refiners and other customers.
Gathering and marketing of crude oil consists of: purchasing lease crude oil from producers and operators at field gathering points and in bulk from aggregators at major pipeline interconnections and marketing locations; providing accounting and administrative services to some producers and operators; transporting crude oil through its own proprietary or common carrier pipelines, through its fleet of trucks or on assets owned and operated by third parties; buying and selling crude oil or exchanging it for either another grade of crude oil or for crude oil at a different geographic location or delivery time in order to increase margins or meet contract delivery requirements; and marketing crude oil to refiners, large integrated oil companies and other customers.
Competition: In its crude oil gathering and marketing business, the company competes with major oil companies, large independent crude gatherers and a large number of small regional independent gatherers. The companys principal competitors in the purchase of leasehold crude oil production include BP, Shell, Plains All American, Sun Refining and Marketing, TEPPCO and various regional competitors.
Through its common carrier pipeline systems, the company transports crude oil for its North American Crude Oil business segment and third-party customers pursuant to published tariff rates regulated by the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) and state regulatory authorities. Accordingly, it offers transportation services to any shipper of crude oil, provided that the crude oil meets the conditions and specifications contained in the applicable pipeline tariff.
Competition: The Companys Pipeline Operations face competition from a number of major oil companies and smaller entities. The principal competitors of its Pipelines Operations are Sunoco Logistics, Plains All American, ConocoPhillips, Genesis, Seminole Trading and Gathering, and TEPPCO.
On Apr 1, 2004, Link Energy announced that it has concluded the sale of its entire crude oil marketing, pipeline and trucking transportation business to Plains All American Pipeline, L.P. As a result of the closing of the transaction, Link Energy will have no further operations and will conduct an orderly winding up of its business and affairs.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. LINK ENERGY LLC COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. LINK ENERGY LLC BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. LINK ENERGY LLC SWOT ANALYSIS
4. LINK ENERGY LLC FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. LINK ENERGY LLC COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Link Energy LLC Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Link Energy LLC and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Link Energy LLC and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Link Energy LLC Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Energy Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Link Energy LLC Industry Position Analysis
6. LINK ENERGY LLC NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. LINK ENERGY LLC EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. LINK ENERGY LLC ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. LINK ENERGY LLC IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. LINK ENERGY LLC PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. LINK ENERGY LLC VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Link Energy LLC Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Link Energy LLC Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Link Energy LLC Major Shareholders
Link Energy LLC History
Link Energy LLC Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Link Energy LLC Offices and Representations
Link Energy LLC SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Link Energy LLC Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Link Energy LLC Capital Market Snapshot
Link Energy LLC Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Energy Industry Statistics
Link Energy LLC Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Link Energy LLC Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Link Energy LLC Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Link Energy LLC 1-year Stock Charts
Link Energy LLC 5-year Stock Charts
Link Energy LLC vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Link Energy LLC vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Link Energy LLC Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?