- The report contains detailed information about Ivanhoe Energy Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Ivanhoe Energy Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Ivanhoe Energy Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Ivanhoe Energy Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Ivanhoe Energy Inc. business.
About Ivanhoe Energy Inc.
Ivanhoe Energy Inc. operates as a heavy oil development and production company.
The companys segments include Oil and Gas Integrated, Oil and Gas - Conventional, and Business and Technology Development.
Oil and Gas Integrated
Projects in this segment have two primary components. The first component consists of conventional exploration and production activities together with enhanced oil recovery techniques, such as steam assisted gravity drainage. The second component consists of the deployment of the HTL Technology which would be used to upgrade heavy oil at facilities located in the field to produce crude. The company has two such projects in this segment - a heavy oil project in Alberta and a heavy oil property in Ecuador.
Oil and Gas Conventional
The company explores for, develops and produces crude oil and natural gas in China and in China and Mongolia. Its development and production activities are conducted at the Dagang oil field located in Chinas Hebei Province and its exploration activities are conducted on the Zitong block located in Sichuan Province. In Mongolia the company is in the early exploration phase on Block XVI in the Nyalga basin, southeast of the capital Ulaanbaatar.
Business and Technology Development
The companys technology development activities made major strides in 2009. The Feed Stock Test Facility in San Antonio, Texas was commissioned and took up its dual roles of supporting business development and continuing to advance the technology. This facility was a key part of the major technical advancement that eliminated the need to recycle oil through HTL facilities.
Integrated Oil and Gas Properties
Tamarack Project: The company owns Talisman Energy Canadas (Talisman) 100% working interests in two leases (Leases 10 and 6) located in the heart of the Athabasca oil sands region in the Province of Alberta, Canada. Lease 10 is a 6,880-acre contiguous block located approximately 10 miles (16 km) northeast of Fort McMurray. Lease 6 is a small, un-delineated, 680-acre block, one mile (1.6 km) south of Lease 10. The development of Lease 10 became known as the Tamarack Project or Tamarack.
The Tamarack Project would provide the site for the application of Ivanhoe Energys proprietary, HTL heavy oil upgrading technology in a major, integrated heavy oil project.
In 2008, Ivanhoe Energy Ecuador Inc., an indirect wholly owned subsidiary, signed a contract with Ecuador state oil companies Petroecuador and Petroproduccion to explore and develop Ecuadors Pungarayacu heavy oil field which is part of Block 20. Block 20 is an area of approximately 426 square miles, approximately 125 miles southeast of Quito, Ecuadors capital.
Under this contract Ivanhoe Energy Ecuador would use the companys HTL Technology, as well as provides oil-field technology and capital to develop, produce and upgrade heavy crude oil from the Pungarayacu field. In addition, Ivanhoe Energy Ecuador has the right to conduct exploration for light oil in the contract area and to use any light oil that it discovers to blend with the heavy oil for delivery to Petro production.
In 2009, the company acquired a conventional oil exploration block in Mongolias Nyalga basin.
Ivanhoe Energy Inc. was founded in 1995.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. IVANHOE ENERGY INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. IVANHOE ENERGY INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. IVANHOE ENERGY INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. IVANHOE ENERGY INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. IVANHOE ENERGY INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Ivanhoe Energy Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Ivanhoe Energy Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Ivanhoe Energy Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Ivanhoe Energy Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Energy Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Ivanhoe Energy Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. IVANHOE ENERGY INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. IVANHOE ENERGY INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. IVANHOE ENERGY INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. CANADA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. IVANHOE ENERGY INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. IVANHOE ENERGY INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. IVANHOE ENERGY INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Ivanhoe Energy Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Ivanhoe Energy Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Ivanhoe Energy Inc. Major Shareholders
Ivanhoe Energy Inc. History
Ivanhoe Energy Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Ivanhoe Energy Inc. Offices and Representations
Ivanhoe Energy Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Ivanhoe Energy Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Ivanhoe Energy Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Ivanhoe Energy Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Energy Industry Statistics
Ivanhoe Energy Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Ivanhoe Energy Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Ivanhoe Energy Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Ivanhoe Energy Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Ivanhoe Energy Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Ivanhoe Energy Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Ivanhoe Energy Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Ivanhoe Energy Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?