- The report contains detailed information about Inpex Corporation that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Inpex Corporation. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Inpex Corporation financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Inpex Corporation competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Inpex Corporation business.
About Inpex Corporation
INPEX Corporation engages in the research, exploration, development, production, and sale of oil, natural gas, and other mineral resources.
Global Business Activities
ASIA & OCEANIA (INDONESIA)
Offshore Mahakam Block and Attaka Unit: The company has entered into a production sharing contract (PSC) with the Indonesian government and acquired a 100% working interest in the Offshore Mahakam Block. It also owns 50% interest in the Attaka Unit.
South Natuna Sea Block B: The company owns a 35% working interest in the South Natuna Sea Block B, which includes the Udang Oil Field.
Masela Block (Abadi): The company owns a 100% working interest in the Masela Block.
Berau Block, Tangguh LNG Project: MI Berau B.V., a joint venture established by the company (44%) and Mitsubishi Corporation (56%), acquired an approximately 22.9% interest in the Berau Block, a hub in the Tangguh LNG Project. MI Berau holds a 16.3% working interest in the Tangguh Unit, a unitized area between the Berau Block, the adjoining Wiriagar Block and the Muturi Block.
ASIA & OCEANIA (AUSTRALIA & JPDA)
WA-10-L (Griffin Fields), WA-155-P (Part I) Block (Van Gogh and Ravensworth Fields) and Others: The company owns a 20% working interest in WA-210-P in offshore western Australia. In the area surrounding WA-10-L, the company acquired working interests in WA-155-P (Part II), WA-12-L (Deep), and WA-155-P (Part I), as well as the WA-357-P.
WA-285-P (Ichthys) and the Surrounding Blocks: The company owns a working interest in WA-285-P in offshore western Australia. It has drilled eight exploratory wells, confirming the presence of reserves for a gas and condensate project. The company has also acquired interests in seven blocks surrounding WA-285-P (WA-274-P, WA-281-P, WA-341-P, WA-343-P, WA-344-P, WA-410-P, and WA-411-P).
JPDA03-12, Bayu-Undan Project: The company owns a working interest in JPDA03-12, located in the Timor Sea Joint Petroleum Development Area (JPDA). The exploration in the contract area resulted in the discovery of oil and gas in the Elang, Kakatua, Kakatua North, and Undan structures. It is also developing the Bayu-Undan gas-condensate Field.
JPDA06-105 (Kitan Oil Field): The company owns an interest in JPDA06-105, located in the Timor Sea Joint Petroleum Development Area (JPDA).
EURASIA (EUROPE & NIS)
Offshore North Caspian Sea Block (Kashagan Oil Field and Others): The company owns approximately 8.33% working interest in the Offshore North Caspian Sea Block that lies within the Republic of Kazakhstans territorial waters.
ACG Oil Fields: The company owns a 10% working interest in the Azeri-Chirag-Gunashli Fields, known as the ACG Oil Fields, located in the Republic of Azerbaijan controlled area of the South Caspian Sea. In addition to crude oil production in the Chirag Field, the company also produces from the Central Azeri Field; the West Azeri Field; the East Azeri Field; and the Deep Water Gunashli Field.
BTC Pipeline: The company owns a 2.5% interest in the BTC Pipeline Project. The 1,770-kilometer BTC Pipeline, which stretches from Baku in Azerbaijan to Ceyhan on Turkeys Mediterranean coast, via Tbilisi, Georgia, and has a transport capacity of one million barrels per day.
MIDDLE EAST & AFRICA
ADMA Block: The company's wholly owned subsidiary, Japan Oil Development Co., Ltd., holds an interest in the ADMA Block, located in offshore Abu Dhabi, the United Arab Emirates, where it produces oil from five fields.
Offshore Democratic Republic of the Congo: The company owns a 32.28% working interest and participated in oil exploration and development in the offshore Democratic Republic of the Congo.
West Bakr Block: The Egyptian Petroleum Development Co., Ltd. (EPEDECO), a joint venture established by the company, Mitsui & Co., Ltd. and others, acquired a 100% working interest in the West Bakr Block, located in a desert region on the west bank of Egypts Gulf of Suez, and conducted exploration activities as an operator of the project.
El Ouar I/II Blocks: The company owns a 10.29% working interest in the El Ouar I/II Blocks, located in onshore eastern Algeria.
Joslyn Oil Sands Project: The company owns a 10% interest in the Joslyn Oil Sands Upstream Project in Alberta, Canada, including associated pipeline rights.
Copa Macoya and Guarico Oriental Blocks: The company has established gas and crude oil venture companies jointly with Petroleos de Venezuela, S.A. (PDVSA), the Venezuelan national petroleum company, and conducts the gas business in the Copa Macoya Block and the crude oil business in the Guarico Oriental Block.
Frade Block: Frade Japão Petróleo Limitada(FJPL), a joint venture established by the company and Sojitz Corporation, owns a 18.3% working interest in the Frade Block in Brazils offshore northern Campos Basin.
Ship Shoal 72, Main Pass 117/118 and West Cameron 401/402: The company produces oil and gas from Ship Shoal 72; Main Pass 117/118; and West Cameron 401/402.
Minami-Nagaoka Gas Field and Domestic Natural Gas Business: The Minami-Nagaoka Gas Field is a gas field in Japan. Produced and processed natural gas, which is transported through a 1,300 kilometers trunk pipeline network that stretches across the Kanto-Koshinetsu region surrounding the Tokyo metropolitan area, is supplied to city gas companies and industrial customers along the pipeline network.
As of March 31, 2008, the companys total net proved reserves were 11,645.18 million (barrels of oil equivalent), including 1,087.57 million barrels for crude oil, condensate, and LPG; and 3,345.7 billion cubic feet for natural gas.
INPEX Corporation was founded in 1966.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. INPEX CORPORATION COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. INPEX CORPORATION BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. INPEX CORPORATION SWOT ANALYSIS
4. INPEX CORPORATION FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. INPEX CORPORATION COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Inpex Corporation Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Inpex Corporation and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Inpex Corporation and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Inpex Corporation Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Energy Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Inpex Corporation Industry Position Analysis
6. INPEX CORPORATION NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. INPEX CORPORATION EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. INPEX CORPORATION ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. JAPAN PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. INPEX CORPORATION IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. INPEX CORPORATION PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. INPEX CORPORATION VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Inpex Corporation Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Inpex Corporation Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Inpex Corporation Major Shareholders
Inpex Corporation History
Inpex Corporation Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Inpex Corporation Offices and Representations
Inpex Corporation SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Inpex Corporation Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Inpex Corporation Capital Market Snapshot
Inpex Corporation Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Energy Industry Statistics
Inpex Corporation Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Inpex Corporation Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Inpex Corporation Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Inpex Corporation 1-year Stock Charts
Inpex Corporation 5-year Stock Charts
Inpex Corporation vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Inpex Corporation vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Inpex Corporation Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?