- The report contains detailed information about Hydrogenics Corp. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Hydrogenics Corp.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Hydrogenics Corp. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Hydrogenics Corp. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Hydrogenics Corp. business.
About Hydrogenics Corp.
Hydrogenics Corporation engages in the design, development, and manufacture of hydrogen generation and fuel cell products based on water electrolysis technology and fuel cell products based on proton exchange membrane (PEM) technology. The company maintains operations in Belgium, Canada, and Germany.
The company conducts its business through the following business units: OnSite Generation and Power Systems.
The OnSite Generation business segment develops hydrogen generation products for industrial gas, hydrogen fueling, and renewable energy storage markets. This business segment is based on alkaline water electrolysis technology which involves the decomposition of water (H2O) into oxygen (O2) and hydrogen gas (H2) by passing an electric current through a liquid electrolyte. The resultant hydrogen gas is then captured and used for industrial gas applications, hydrogen fueling applications, and used to store renewable energy in the form of hydrogen gas. The companys HySTAT branded electrolyzer products are configured for both indoor and outdoor applications and tailor its products to accommodate various hydrogen gas requirements. It has also developed and delivered products in a smaller scale range based on PEM water electrolysis.
The Power Systems business segment develops products for stationary applications, including backup power, and motive applications, such as forklift truck. This business segment is based on PEM fuel cell technology which transforms chemical energy liberated during the electrochemical reaction of hydrogen and oxygen to electrical energy. The companys HyPM branded fuel cell products are configured for multiple electrical power outputs ranging from 4 to 65 kilowatts. The companys target markets include backup power for data centres and telecom installations plus motive power applications, such as buses, trucks and utility vehicles.
Products and Services
The companys products include HySTAT hydrogen generation equipment in its OnSite Generation business and HyPM fuel cell products in its Power Systems business.
HySTAT Hydrogen Stations
HySTAT Hydrogen Stations offer a dependable on-site supply of hydrogen for various hydrogen applications, including vehicle fueling, distributed power, and various industrial processes. From a selection of modular components, the company configures the optimum HySTAT Hydrogen Station to meet customer needs for hydrogen generation and storage. It also provides spare parts and service for its entire installed base.
The company offers its HySTAT Hydrogen Station in multiple configurations depending on the amount of hydrogen required. This product is suitable for producing continuous or batch supplies of hydrogen typically for industrial processing applications and generates between 15 - 60 normal cubic meters per hour (Nm3/hr) of hydrogen. Multiple standard units can be installed for larger applications with the capability of generating up to 500 Nm3/hr of hydrogen.
HyPM Fuel Cell Products
The companys HyPM fuel cell products provide electrical power from clean hydrogen fuel. Its products are built on a common platform allowing it to achieve volume purchasing and manufacturing efficiencies.
HyPM Fuel Cell Power Modules The companys HyPM power module runs on high purity hydrogen and produces direct current (DC) power in standard outputs of 8, 12, 16 and 65 kW. This product is suitable for a range of stationary, mobile, and portable power applications. The HyPM XR model is targeted at backup power applications and the HyPM HD model is targeted at motive power applications.
HyPX Fuel Cell Power Pack: The companys HyPX Power Pack includes a standard HyPM power module integrated with hydrogen storage tanks and ultracapacitors that provide higher power in short bursts. This product has the same form, fit and function as attery packs used in devices, such as forklift trucks and tow tractors.
Integrated Fuel Cell Systems: The companys integrated fuel cell systems are built around its HyPM power modules and are targeted to portable and stationary applications, including portable and auxi
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. HYDROGENICS CORP. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. HYDROGENICS CORP. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. HYDROGENICS CORP. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. HYDROGENICS CORP. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. HYDROGENICS CORP. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Hydrogenics Corp. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Hydrogenics Corp. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Hydrogenics Corp. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Hydrogenics Corp. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Electrical Equipment Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Hydrogenics Corp. Industry Position Analysis
6. HYDROGENICS CORP. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. HYDROGENICS CORP. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. HYDROGENICS CORP. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. CANADA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. HYDROGENICS CORP. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. HYDROGENICS CORP. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. HYDROGENICS CORP. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Hydrogenics Corp. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Hydrogenics Corp. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Hydrogenics Corp. Major Shareholders
Hydrogenics Corp. History
Hydrogenics Corp. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Hydrogenics Corp. Offices and Representations
Hydrogenics Corp. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Hydrogenics Corp. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Hydrogenics Corp. Capital Market Snapshot
Hydrogenics Corp. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Electrical Equipment Industry Statistics
Hydrogenics Corp. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Hydrogenics Corp. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Hydrogenics Corp. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Hydrogenics Corp. 1-year Stock Charts
Hydrogenics Corp. 5-year Stock Charts
Hydrogenics Corp. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Hydrogenics Corp. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Hydrogenics Corp. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?