- The report contains detailed information about Houston American Energy Corp. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Houston American Energy Corp.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Houston American Energy Corp. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Houston American Energy Corp. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Houston American Energy Corp. business.
About Houston American Energy Corp.
Houston American Energy Corp. engages in the exploration, development, and production of natural gas, crude oil, and condensate. The companys oil and gas exploration and production activities are focused on development of concessions in the South American country of Colombia and development of properties in the U.S. onshore Gulf Coast Region, principally Texas and Louisiana.
The United States Properties
In the United States, the companys properties and operations are principally located in the on-shore Gulf Coast region of Louisiana and Texas.
The companys principal producing and exploration properties in Louisiana consist of the following:
Vermilion ParishThe company holds a 22.5% working interest in the North Jade and West Jade prospects, covering 1,423 acres in Vermilion Parish Louisiana.
East Baton Rouge ParishThe company holds a 2.8125% back-in after payout in the Profit Island and North Profit Island prospects, covering 3,045 gross acres in East Baton Rouge Parish, Louisiana. In addition, the company holds a 7.29% royalty interest in 2,485 royalty acres, as well as a 5.675% royalty interest in the Crown Paper #01 well.
Webster ParishThe company holds a 7.5% working interest and an 8.3% net revenue interest carried to point of sale for the first well in the 640 acre South Sibley Prospect in Webster Parish, Louisiana. As of December 31, 2009, the South Sibley Prospect produced from a single 10,600 foot well.
In addition, the company holds interests in the following properties in Louisiana: the 620-acre Crowley Prospect in Acadia Parish, in which the company holds a 0.15% overriding royalty interest; and the 640-acre Caddo Lake Prospect in Caddo Parish, in which the company holds a 33.5% working interest.
The companys principal exploration properties in Texas consist of the following:
Karnes CountyThe company holds a 2.5% working interest in 6,520 acres located in Karnes County, Texas out of a 50,000 acre area of mutual interest in which the company holds a 1.25% overriding royalty interest.
Jim Hogg CountyThe company holds a 4.375% working interest in the 340 acre Hog Heaven Prospect in Jim Hogg County, Texas. As of December 31, 2009, the Hog Heaven Prospect produced from a single 6,200-foot well.
In addition, the company holds interests in the following non-producing property in Texas: the 91.375-acre West Turkey Prospect in Hardeman Count, Texas, in which the company holds a 10.0% working interest with a 7.5% net revenue interest.
The company holds interests in multiple prospects in Colombia covering approximately 970,186 gross acres.
As of December 31, 2009, the company held interests in six concessions and one Technical Evaluation Area (TEA) operated by Hupecol, LLC (Hupecol). The six concessions are located in the Llanos Basin of Colombia and the TEA is located in the Caguan Putumayo Basin of Colombia. The six concessions and TEA cover an aggregate area of approximately 513,965 acres. Subsequent to December 31, 2009, the company acquired an additional TEA (the Macaya TEA) in the Caguan Putumayo Basin which is also operated by Hupecol. The Macaya TEA covers an area of 195,171 acres.
As of December 31, 2009, 5 of the Hupecol concessions had production, the company had interests in 18 gross wells (2.032 net wells) operated by Hupecol, and its net daily production from interests operated by Hupecol was approximately 652 barrels of oil (no natural gas). Well depths range from 3,500 feet to 5,800 feet.
The companys interest in each of the concessions in Colombia is held through an interest in Hupecol, LLC and affiliated entities. It holds a 12.5% working interest in each of the prospects of Hupecol other than the Surimena concession and the La Cuerva Contract. The company holds a 6.25% working interest in the Surimena concession and a 1.594674% working interest in the La Cuerva Contract.
SK Energy Prospect
Pursuant to a farmout agreement and joint operating agreement, the company holds an interest in the 345,452 acre CPO 4 Block located in the Western Llanos Basin and operated by SK Energy Co. LTD.
Shona Energy Prospect
Pursuant to a farmout agreement with Shona Energy Limited, the company holds an interest in the 110,769 acre Serrania Block located in the Caguan Putumayo Basin.
As of December 31, 2009, the company owned interests in 26 gross wells containing multiple completions. During 2009, the company participated in the drilling of a total of 15 gross wells, of which 10 were classified as exploratory and 5 were classified as development.
In July 2010, Houston American Energy Corp. entered into a farmout agreement with SK Energy Co. LTD pursuant to which SK Energy Co agreed to assign to the company an additional 12.5% interest in the approximately 345,452 acre CPO 4 Block in the Llanos Basin of Colombia, increasing the company's interest in the CPO 4 Block from 25% to 37.5%.
Houston American Energy Corp. was founded in 1981.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. HOUSTON AMERICAN ENERGY CORP. COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. HOUSTON AMERICAN ENERGY CORP. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. HOUSTON AMERICAN ENERGY CORP. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. HOUSTON AMERICAN ENERGY CORP. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. HOUSTON AMERICAN ENERGY CORP. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Houston American Energy Corp. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Houston American Energy Corp. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Houston American Energy Corp. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Houston American Energy Corp. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Energy Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Houston American Energy Corp. Industry Position Analysis
6. HOUSTON AMERICAN ENERGY CORP. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. HOUSTON AMERICAN ENERGY CORP. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. HOUSTON AMERICAN ENERGY CORP. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. HOUSTON AMERICAN ENERGY CORP. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. HOUSTON AMERICAN ENERGY CORP. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. HOUSTON AMERICAN ENERGY CORP. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Houston American Energy Corp. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Houston American Energy Corp. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Houston American Energy Corp. Major Shareholders
Houston American Energy Corp. History
Houston American Energy Corp. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Houston American Energy Corp. Offices and Representations
Houston American Energy Corp. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Houston American Energy Corp. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Houston American Energy Corp. Capital Market Snapshot
Houston American Energy Corp. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Energy Industry Statistics
Houston American Energy Corp. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Houston American Energy Corp. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Houston American Energy Corp. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Houston American Energy Corp. 1-year Stock Charts
Houston American Energy Corp. 5-year Stock Charts
Houston American Energy Corp. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Houston American Energy Corp. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Houston American Energy Corp. Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?