- The report contains detailed information about Grupo TMM S.A.B. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Grupo TMM S.A.B.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Grupo TMM S.A.B. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Grupo TMM S.A.B. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Grupo TMM S.A.B. business.
About Grupo TMM S.A.B.
Grupo TMM, S.A.B, together with its subsidiaries, operates as an integrated logistics and transportation company in Mexico. The company provides services related to dedicated trucking, third-party logistics, offshore supply shipping, clean oil and chemical products shipping, tug-boat services, warehouse management, shipping agency, inland and seaport terminal services, container and railcar maintenance and repair, and other activities related to the shipping and land freight transport business.
The companys Maritime Operations division provides maritime transportation services, including offshore vessels that provide transportation and other services to the Mexican offshore oil industry, tankers that transport petroleum products with in Mexican waters, parcel tankers that transport liquid chemical and vegetable oil cargos from and to the United States and Mexico, and tugboats that provide towing services at the port of Manzanillo, Mexico. The company provides these services through its fleet of 43 vessels, which includes product and chemical tankers, harbor tugs and various offshore supply vessels.
The companys Maritime Operations include: supply and logistics services to the offshore industry at offshore facilities in the Gulf of Mexico and between ports, moving crews and/or cargo to and from oil platforms; product tankers for the transportation of petroleum products, such as the distribution of gasoline to various coastal cities where the gasoline is further distributed inland throughout Mexico; parcel tankers, also known as chemical tankers, for the transportation of liquid chemical cargoes between ports in Mexico and the United States; and tugboats that provide harbor towing services in and out of the port of Manzanillo.
Fleet Management: As of April 30, 2009, the company operated a fleet consisted of product tankers and parcel tankers, as well as a fleet of offshore vessels and tugboats. Of 43 vessels, 39 are owned tonnage (five product tankers, 27 offshore vessels, two parcel tankers and five tugboats) and four are chartered units (two parcel tankers, and two product tankers).
Offshore Vessels: In 2006, the company purchased Seacors 40% interest in Marmex. As part of this transaction, TMM also purchased five offshore vessels owned by Seacor, which began flying the Mexican flag, and at the same time converted three additional offshore vessels from leased to owned status. All eight vessels are working under time charter contracts supporting offshore oil exploration and production activities in the Gulf of Mexico.
TMM, in its offshore division, provides supply and logistics services to the offshore industry between the ports and the offshore facilities in the Gulf of Mexico through a specialized fleet that includes conventional crew vessels, supply vessels, anchor handling tug supply vessels and Dynamic Positioning (DP) vessels. Other services include supply and administration of onboard personnel, coordination and supervision of the maritime transport of staff, materials and equipment from the base on shore to operational points of the vessels with in the oil-drilling zone of the Gulf of Mexico, and coordination and supervision of catering and accommodation matters onboard the vessels. As of April 30, 2009, 22 TMM vessels were directly hired by PEMEX, and five additional vessels were hired by private operators engaged in the construction and maintenance sectors for PEMEX.
Product Tankers: The companys fleet comprises seven product tankers, which include two long-term contracts and one short-term contract with PEMEX. Additionally, the company operates four product tankers in the spot market.
Parcel Tankers: The companys parcel tanker business operates between Mexican and American ports in the Gulf of Mexico, transporting chemicals, vegetable and animal oils and molasses. The companys primary customers that use its parcel tanker services include major oil and chemical companies.
Harbor Towing: As of April 30, 2009 the company is operating five owned vessels in this port.
Customers and Contractual Arrangements: The primary purchasers of its Maritime Operations servi
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. GRUPO TMM S.A.B. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. GRUPO TMM S.A.B. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. GRUPO TMM S.A.B. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. GRUPO TMM S.A.B. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. GRUPO TMM S.A.B. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Grupo TMM S.A.B. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Grupo TMM S.A.B. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Grupo TMM S.A.B. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Grupo TMM S.A.B. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Energy Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Grupo TMM S.A.B. Industry Position Analysis
6. GRUPO TMM S.A.B. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. GRUPO TMM S.A.B. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. GRUPO TMM S.A.B. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. MEXICO PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. GRUPO TMM S.A.B. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. GRUPO TMM S.A.B. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. GRUPO TMM S.A.B. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Grupo TMM S.A.B. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Grupo TMM S.A.B. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Grupo TMM S.A.B. Major Shareholders
Grupo TMM S.A.B. History
Grupo TMM S.A.B. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Grupo TMM S.A.B. Offices and Representations
Grupo TMM S.A.B. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Grupo TMM S.A.B. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Grupo TMM S.A.B. Capital Market Snapshot
Grupo TMM S.A.B. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Energy Industry Statistics
Grupo TMM S.A.B. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Grupo TMM S.A.B. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Grupo TMM S.A.B. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Grupo TMM S.A.B. 1-year Stock Charts
Grupo TMM S.A.B. 5-year Stock Charts
Grupo TMM S.A.B. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Grupo TMM S.A.B. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Grupo TMM S.A.B. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?