- The report contains detailed information about Grupa Lotos SA that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Grupa Lotos SA. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Grupa Lotos SA financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Grupa Lotos SA competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Grupa Lotos SA business.
About Grupa Lotos SA
Grupa LOTOS S.A. operates as an integrated oil company in Poland and internationally. The company engages in the production and processing of refined petroleum products and their wholesale.
THE LOTOS GROUP COMPANIES
LOTOS Paliwa Sp. z o.o.
LOTOS Paliwa Sp. z o.o.s business focuses on: management and development of the fuel station network (CODO, DODO and DOFO stations); sale of fuels to institutional customers and intermediaries; management of the network of self-serve diesel oil pumps and development of diesel oil sales through, such a network (LOTOS Diesel Service); retail sale and wholesale of light fuel oil (in H1 2007 LOTOS Paliwa Sp. z o.o. became the only entity within the LOTOS Group to trade in light fuel oil, and LOTOS Gaz S.A. stopped trading in this product); and retail sale of liquid gas.
LOTOS Partner Sp. z o.o.
LOTOS Partner Sp. z o.o.s core business involved: sale of fuels to Polish institutional customers and retail fuel station networks of foreign operators; organisation of primary logistics; import and exchange of products in land transport; provision of services related to national tenders; and sale of aviation and bunker fuel.
LOTOS Gaz S.A.
LOTOS Gaz S.A. focuses on sale of liquefied gas (LPG and heating gas) and sale of sulphur.
LOTOS Oil S.A.
LOTOS Oil S.A.s business consists in the production and distribution of lubricants: finished car and industrial oils and lubes, base oils, as well as distribution of car-care products and car chemicals. The company operates three production centres, located in Gdañsk, Czechowice-Dziedzice and Jas³o, and a Distribution Centre in Piotrków Trybunalski.
LOTOS Asfalt Sp. z o.o.
LOTOS Asfalt Sp. z o.o. produces and sells road and industrial bitumens, emulsions and special bitumen products. LOTOS Asfalt operates three production plants: in Gdañsk, Jas³o and Czechowice- Dziedzice. The Gdañsk plant produces road bitumens, a range of modified bitumens, as well as industrial bitumen. The Jas³o plant produces industrial bitumens, bitumen mass and a range of bitumen emulsions.The Jas³o plant is also the producer of special road bitumens. The Czechowice-Dziedzice plant produces modified bitumens and operates a modern depot for redistribution of road bitumens. Export sales are made to Sweden, the Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary, Austria, Romania, Germany, Lithuania, and Russia.
LOTOS Parafiny Sp. z o.o.
LOTOS Parafiny Sp. z o.o.s operations are based on two production centres located in Jas³o and Czechowice-Dziedzice, and are focused on the production of paraffin, a range of paraffin mass, wax, ceresine, petroleum jelly and lubes. The company markets a range of votive candles.
LOTOS Kolej Sp. z o.o.
The activities of LOTOS Kolej Sp. z o.o. consist in the provision of railway services for the Parent Undertaking. The main activities of the company include: provision of railway services for Grupa LOTOS S.A. (offtake, supply, freightsettlements, representation of Grupa LOTOS S.A.s interests in relations with PKP (Polish Railways), tank car owners, forwarding companies); licensed transport; and maintenance of infrastructure, rail vehicles and other fixed assets located at railway sidings.
LOTOS Kolej Sp. z o.o. operates and maintains rail vehicles at the LOTOS Groups railway sidings. The company holds a licence for transport of products and goods by railway within the entire territory of Poland. LOTOS Kolej Sp. z o.o. rents tank cars for transporting liquid gases.
LOTOS Serwis Sp. z o.o.
The activities of LOTOS Serwis Sp. z o.o. consist in the provision of services related to plant engineering, repairs of machinery and production units for the Parent Undertaking and other undertakings of the LOTOS Group.
LOTOS Lab Sp. z o.o.
LOTOS Lab Sp. z o.o. performs laboratory testing. It provides analytical services related to crude oil, crude oil products, water, sewage, and certain chemicals, and performs measurements and prepares documentation relating to working conditions.
LOTOS Stra¿ Sp. z o.o.
LOTOS Stra¿ Sp. z o.o. provides fire protection services, including operational and rescue actions, prevention, issuing
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. GRUPA LOTOS SA COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. GRUPA LOTOS SA BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. GRUPA LOTOS SA SWOT ANALYSIS
4. GRUPA LOTOS SA FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. GRUPA LOTOS SA COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Grupa Lotos SA Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Grupa Lotos SA and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Grupa Lotos SA and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Grupa Lotos SA Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Energy Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Grupa Lotos SA Industry Position Analysis
6. GRUPA LOTOS SA NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. GRUPA LOTOS SA EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. GRUPA LOTOS SA ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. POLAND PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. GRUPA LOTOS SA IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. GRUPA LOTOS SA PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. GRUPA LOTOS SA VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Grupa Lotos SA Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Grupa Lotos SA Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Grupa Lotos SA Major Shareholders
Grupa Lotos SA History
Grupa Lotos SA Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Grupa Lotos SA Offices and Representations
Grupa Lotos SA SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Grupa Lotos SA Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Grupa Lotos SA Capital Market Snapshot
Grupa Lotos SA Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Energy Industry Statistics
Grupa Lotos SA Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Grupa Lotos SA Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Grupa Lotos SA Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Grupa Lotos SA 1-year Stock Charts
Grupa Lotos SA 5-year Stock Charts
Grupa Lotos SA vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Grupa Lotos SA vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Grupa Lotos SA Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?