- The report contains detailed information about Global Partners LP that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Global Partners LP. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Global Partners LP financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Global Partners LP competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Global Partners LP business.
About Global Partners LP
Global Partners LP engages in the wholesale and commercial distribution of refined petroleum products and small amounts of natural gas. The company also provides ancillary services to companies.
The company has five subsidiaries: Global Companies LLC, its subsidiary, Glen Hes Corp., Global Montello Group Corp., Chelsea Sandwich LLC and Global Energy Marketing LLC (Global Energy).
The company owns, control or has access to one of the terminal networks of refined petroleum products in Massachusetts, Maine, Connecticut, Vermont, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, New York, New Jersey and Pennsylvania (collectively, the Northeast). The company is one of the wholesale distributors of gasoline, distillates (such as home heating oil, diesel and kerosene) and residual oil to wholesalers, retailers and commercial customers in the Northeast.
In 2009, the company owned, leased or maintained storage facilities at 22 refined petroleum product bulk terminals, each with the capacity of approximately 50,000 barrels, including 21 located throughout the Northeast, that are supplied primarily by marine transport, pipeline, rail or truck and that collectively have approximately 9.3 million barrels of storage capacity. The company also has throughput, exchange or other supply agreements at approximately 50 bulk terminals and inland storage facilities.
The company sells its refined petroleum products in two segments, Wholesale and Commercial. The majority of products the company sells can be grouped into three categories: gasoline, distillates and residual oil.
Gasoline: The company sells grades of unbranded gasoline that comply with seasonal and geographical requirements in the areas in which the company markets. The company has the ability to blend gasoline, and sells conventional gasoline and ethanol blended gasoline in the markets that require such products.
Distillates: Distillates are divided into home heating oil, diesel and kerosene. The company sells generic home heating oil and Heating Oil Plus, its proprietary premium branded heating oil. Heating Oil Plus is electronically blended at the delivery facility. In addition, the company sells the additive used to create Heating Oil Plus to some wholesale resellers, make injection systems available to them and provide technical support to assist them with blending.
The company sells generic diesel and Diesel One, its proprietary premium diesel fuel product. The company offers marketing and technical support for those customers who purchase Diesel One.
Residual Oil: The company specially blends residual oil for users in accordance with their individual power plant specifications. Its major customer was ExxonMobil Oil Corporation (ExxonMobil).
In the Wholesale segment, the company sells gasoline, home heating oil, diesel, kerosene and residual oil to unbranded retail gasoline stations and other resellers of transportation fuels, home heating oil retailers and wholesale distributors. In 2009, the company sold unbranded gasoline and diesel, including Diesel One, to approximately 975 wholesalers and retail gasoline station operators, vehicles, fleet and marine users and other end users throughout the Northeast.
In 2009, the company sold home heating oil, including Heating Oil Plus, to approximately 1,100 wholesale distributors and retailers. The company has a fixed price sales program that the company markets primarily to wholesale distributors and retailers which uses the New York Mercantile Exchange (NYMEX) heating oil contract as the pricing benchmark and as a vehicle to manage the commodity risk. In 2009, the company sold residual oil to 21 wholesale distributors.
The companys Commercial segment includes sales of unbranded gasoline, home heating oil, diesel, kerosene and residual oil to customers in the public sector and to large commercial and industrial customers, primarily either through a competitive bidding process or through contracts of various terms. The companys Commercial segment also includes custom blended distillates and residual oil delivered by barges or from a terminal dock. The companys commercial customers include federal and state agencies, municipalities, large industrial companies, many autonomous authorities, such as transportation authorities and water resource authorities, colleges and universities and a select group of small utilities.
The companys commercial customers also include cruise ships, dry and wet bulk carriers, fishing fleets and other marine vessels. The company blends distillates and residual fuel to the customers' specifications at the terminal facility or on the barge and then deliver the resulting bunker fuel directly to the ship or barge.
The companys major customer, in 2009, was ExxonMobil Oil Corporation.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. GLOBAL PARTNERS LP COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. GLOBAL PARTNERS LP BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. GLOBAL PARTNERS LP SWOT ANALYSIS
4. GLOBAL PARTNERS LP FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. GLOBAL PARTNERS LP COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Global Partners LP Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Global Partners LP and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Global Partners LP and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Global Partners LP Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Energy Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Global Partners LP Industry Position Analysis
6. GLOBAL PARTNERS LP NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. GLOBAL PARTNERS LP EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. GLOBAL PARTNERS LP ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. GLOBAL PARTNERS LP IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. GLOBAL PARTNERS LP PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. GLOBAL PARTNERS LP VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Global Partners LP Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Global Partners LP Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Global Partners LP Major Shareholders
Global Partners LP History
Global Partners LP Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Global Partners LP Offices and Representations
Global Partners LP SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Global Partners LP Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Global Partners LP Capital Market Snapshot
Global Partners LP Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Energy Industry Statistics
Global Partners LP Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Global Partners LP Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Global Partners LP Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Global Partners LP 1-year Stock Charts
Global Partners LP 5-year Stock Charts
Global Partners LP vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Global Partners LP vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Global Partners LP Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?