- The report contains detailed information about Geokinetics Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Geokinetics Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Geokinetics Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Geokinetics Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Geokinetics Inc. business.
About Geokinetics Inc.
Geokinetics Inc. provides seismic data acquisition, multi-client data library, and seismic data processing and interpretation services to the oil and natural gas industry. The company provides services in land, marsh, swamp, transition zone, and shallow water ocean bottom cable (OBC) environments.
The company provides a suite of geophysical services, including acquisition of two-dimensional (2D), three-dimensional (3D), and multi-component seismic data surveys, data processing and interpretation services and other geophysical services for customers in the oil and natural gas industry, which include various national oil companies, major international oil companies, and smaller independent oil and gas exploration and production companies (collectively E&P Companies) in the Gulf Coast, Mid-Continent, California, Appalachian and Rocky Mountain regions of the United States, western Canada, Canadian Arctic, Latin America, Africa, the Middle East, Australia/New Zealand, and the Far East. The company also maintains a multi-client data library whereby it maintains full or partial ownership of data acquired for future licensing. Its multi-client data library consists of data covering various areas in the United States and Canada.
The company is organized into two reportable segments: Seismic Data Acquisition; and Seismic Data Processing and Interpretation. It further breaks down its seismic data acquisition segment into two geographic reporting units, North American Seismic Data Acquisition and International Seismic Data Acquisition.
Seismic Data Acquisition Services
Through its subsidiaries, the company engages in seismic data acquisition services in land, transition zone, and shallow water environments on a contract basis for its customers. The companys equipment is capable of collecting 2D, 3D, and multi-component seismic data. It has a pro forma recording capacity of approximately 206,000 channels that can be configured to operate approximately 38 crews worldwide.
In the United States and Canada, the survey crew and drill crew are typically provided by third parties and supervised by the companys personnel. Outside the United States and Canada, the company performs its own surveying and drilling. The company uses helicopters to assist the crews in seismic data acquisition services. It collects and processes geophysical data for its own account and retains ownership rights. It licenses the data to customers on a non-transferable basis through a third party. In some circumstances, the company sells rights to the data prior to collecting and processing such data.
Seismic Data Processing
The company also provides a suite of onshore and offshore proprietary seismic data processing and interpretation products and services to complement its data acquisition services. Seismic data is processed to produce an image of the earth's subsurface using proprietary computer software and internally developed techniques. The companys seismic data processing and interpretation centers in the United States and the United Kingdom process 2D and 3D seismic data acquired by its own crews, as well as data acquired by other seismic data acquisition companies.
The companys majority of seismic data processing and interpretation services are performed on 3D seismic data. It also re-processes older seismic data using new techniques designed to improve the quality of the data. It markets its seismic data processing and interpretation services in conjunction with its seismic data acquisition services to improve total value provided to its customers.
The companys seismic data acquisition services and seismic data processing and interpretation services are marketed from various offices worldwide. It maintains offices in Canada, Latin America, Europe, the Middle East, Australia, Africa, Asia, the Far East and its corporate headquarters in Houston, Texas, from which it markets and/or performs services.
For the period ended December 31, 2009, the companys major customers were Sonangol; Petroandina; Petrobel; Petroleo Brasileiro S.A.-Petrobras (Petrobras); ANH Sinu; Staatsolie; Agencia Nacional do Petróleo (ANP); Petronas Carigali Pertamina Petrovietnam Operating Company; Sdn bhd.(PCPPOC); International Egyptian Oil Company (IEOC); and Seismic Exchange , Inc.
In February 2010, the company acquired the onshore seismic data acquisition and multi-client data library business of Petroleum Geo-Services ASA (PGS Onshore). PGS Onshore has the ability to deploy 13 seismic crews with approximately 84,000 recording channels. The PGS Onshore acquisition provides the company a business expansion into Mexico, North Africa, the Far East, and in the United States, including Alaska. It has acquired a multi-client data library covering approximately 5,500 square miles located primarily in Texas, Oklahoma, Wyoming, and Alaska.
The companys principal competitors in the seismic data acquisition services segment include Bureau of Geophysical Prospecting; WesternGeco; Compagnie Generale de Geophysique-Veritas (CGV); Dawson Geophysical Company; Petroleum Geo-Services ASA (PGS); Tidelands Geophysical Company; and Global Geophysical, Inc.
The companys principal competitors in the seismic data processing services segment include CGV; PGS; Geotrace Technologies, Inc.; GX Technology Corporation; and WesternGeco.
Geokinetics Inc. was founded in 1980.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. GEOKINETICS INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. GEOKINETICS INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. GEOKINETICS INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. GEOKINETICS INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. GEOKINETICS INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Geokinetics Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Geokinetics Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Geokinetics Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Geokinetics Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Energy Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Geokinetics Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. GEOKINETICS INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. GEOKINETICS INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. GEOKINETICS INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. GEOKINETICS INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. GEOKINETICS INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. GEOKINETICS INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Geokinetics Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Geokinetics Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Geokinetics Inc. Major Shareholders
Geokinetics Inc. History
Geokinetics Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Geokinetics Inc. Offices and Representations
Geokinetics Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Geokinetics Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Geokinetics Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Geokinetics Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Energy Industry Statistics
Geokinetics Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Geokinetics Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Geokinetics Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Geokinetics Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Geokinetics Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Geokinetics Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Geokinetics Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Geokinetics Inc. Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?