- The report contains detailed information about Finolex Cables Ltd. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Finolex Cables Ltd.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Finolex Cables Ltd. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Finolex Cables Ltd. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Finolex Cables Ltd. business.
About Finolex Cables Ltd.
Finolex Cables Limited manufactures electrical and communication cables in India.
The company operates in two main business segments, Electrical Cables and Communication Cables. The company manufactures Continuous Cast Copper Rods (CCC rods) for captive consumption. It also manufactures PVC Sheets for various applications like roofing, signage, and interiors.
Electrical cables segment
Electrical cables can be further categorised into light duty electrical cables, power, and control cables.
Light duty electrical cables include electrical wires used for lighting. The main product of this category is 1100 volts PVC insulated wires, which find application in electrification of residential, commercial, and industrial establishments; electrical panel wiring; and consumer electrical goods.
The motor of the submersible pump is wound with the winding wire and the pump is powered through a three core flat cable. Both these products are manufactured by the company for sale within the country, as well as for exports. UPS cables are battery backup cables used for providing power from UPS to the consumption points.
The other category of electrical cable's, such as power and control cables are also manufactured by the company. In power cable category, with addition of new unit commissioned at Urse recently, the company has the ability to manufacture such cables within the range 3.3 KV to 66 KV. These cables are either low voltage or high voltage cables depending upon their applications. Power and control cables upto 3.3 KV rating are used for connecting user point to the main supply of power. Power cables above 3.3 KV rating are meant for use in underground application for intra-city electricity distribution network. The company manufactures insulated power cables only.
Communication Cables segment
The Communication Cables comprise communication cables and traditional telephone cables.
The communication cables are either copper based or glass based. The copper based cables include LAN cables, coaxial cables, PE insulated Switchboard cables, and V-SAT cables. These cables are used for last mile connectivity.
LAN cables are used in high speed networks, coaxial cables are used to provide content input to TV receiving sets. PE insulated switchboard cables are used to connect telephone instruments to an EPABX system and V-SAT cables find their application in V-SAT towers to connect the dish to the base station.
Optic fibre cables are glass based cables and they have the maximum bandwidth and speed. Certain cable designs used as trunk cables in long distance networks, while other designs, are used in distribution, whether by telecom companies, or multi-service organizations of other service providers.
Traditional telephone cables include JFTCs which are laid underground-and are used for connecting land line telephones.to exchanges. These are copper based cables.
The company would continue to manufacture JFTCs especially with broadband features for public sector and private sector telecom companies.
Finolex J-Power Systems Pvt. Ltd
Finolex Gables Ltd. together with J-Power Systems Corp. established an equally owned joint venture between Hitachi Cable, Ltd. and Sumitomo Electric Industries, Ltd. The Joint Venture is to be established near Pune, in Maharashtra for the manufacture and sale of high voltage power cables up to 500 kV grade. The JV also offers services of Turnkey installation and connectorization of the complete circuit along with the supply of Power Cables and Accessories (Jointing Kits).
Finolex Cables Limited was founded in 1958.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. FINOLEX CABLES LTD. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. FINOLEX CABLES LTD. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. FINOLEX CABLES LTD. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. FINOLEX CABLES LTD. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. FINOLEX CABLES LTD. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Finolex Cables Ltd. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Finolex Cables Ltd. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Finolex Cables Ltd. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Finolex Cables Ltd. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Electrical Equipment Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Finolex Cables Ltd. Industry Position Analysis
6. FINOLEX CABLES LTD. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. FINOLEX CABLES LTD. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. FINOLEX CABLES LTD. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. INDIA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. FINOLEX CABLES LTD. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. FINOLEX CABLES LTD. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. FINOLEX CABLES LTD. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Finolex Cables Ltd. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Finolex Cables Ltd. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Finolex Cables Ltd. Major Shareholders
Finolex Cables Ltd. History
Finolex Cables Ltd. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Finolex Cables Ltd. Offices and Representations
Finolex Cables Ltd. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Finolex Cables Ltd. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Finolex Cables Ltd. Capital Market Snapshot
Finolex Cables Ltd. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Electrical Equipment Industry Statistics
Finolex Cables Ltd. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Finolex Cables Ltd. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Finolex Cables Ltd. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Finolex Cables Ltd. 1-year Stock Charts
Finolex Cables Ltd. 5-year Stock Charts
Finolex Cables Ltd. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Finolex Cables Ltd. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Finolex Cables Ltd. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?