- The report contains detailed information about Fairborne Energy Ltd. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Fairborne Energy Ltd.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Fairborne Energy Ltd. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Fairborne Energy Ltd. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Fairborne Energy Ltd. business.
About Fairborne Energy Ltd.
Fairborne Energy Ltd. engages in the exploration for, development, acquisition, and production of crude oil and natural gas in Western Canada.
Fairborne's interest in the Clive area, located approximately 50 kilometers northeast of Red Deer, Alberta, includes conventional crude oil and natural gas production from reservoirs developed in Devonian aged Nisku and Leduc reefs, as well as, sandstone reservoirs in the Belly River Formation. In addition, Fairborne has developed a CBM project in the area, which targets sweet gas from coal reservoirs with in the Cretaceous Horseshoe Canyon Formation.
Fairborne's land position in Clive includes 75,176 gross (46,906 net) acres of land, with approximately 28% of net acres undeveloped. Clive (Units and Non-Unit Wells) Fairborne's position in the conventional oil and natural gas production at Clive includes a working interest in the Clive Leduc (D3) Unit and the Clive Nisku (D2) Unit, as well as non-unitized wells. Fairborne operates both units with a 93.9% and 98.9% unit interest respectively.
In August 2008, Fairborne signed a definitive agreement with Enhance Energy Inc. to develop and implement a CO2 enhanced oil recovery project flood for the Clive oil field in the Leduc and Nisku reservoirs. Fairborne also has oil and gas production from the Wood River unit and non-unit Leduc and Nisku reservoirs plus conventional oil and gas wells at Haynes.
Clive Coal Bed Methane (CBM)
Fairborne has developed a CBM resource on its Clive property by drilling and recompleting 192 well bores. In 2008 Fairborne drilled and recompleted 44 (32.5 net) wells.
The Columbia/Harlech property is located in the outer foothills trend of west central Alberta. Additionally, the shallower part of the section is made up of thick fluvial sandstone deposits at depths between 1,300 and 2,000 meters that contain both light oil and sweet natural gas accumulations. In 2008, Fairborne added 46 sections of new land holdings at Harlech resulting in a year end total of 91,500 gross acres (70,400 net).
Brazeau/Harlech Belly River Oil
The Brazeau/Harlech Belly River oil producing fairway is located in west central Alberta, approximately 160 kilometers southwest of Edmonton. Fairborne explores for light oil in the Belly River section in two main areas.
Deep Basin Area
The Deep Basin area, located approximately 250 kilometers west of Edmonton, between Hinton and Grand Prairie, Alberta, began as a higher reward/higher risk exploration area for Fairborne in 2004. Core properties in this area include: Marlboro, Wild River and Tower Creek.
Marlboro: The Marlboro property is located approximately 200 kilometers due west of Edmonton. Natural gas production is obtained from the Notikewin, Falher, Wilrich, Gething and Cadomin Formations at average drill depths of 3000 meters. Gas is processed at the West Whitecourt and Nosehill facilities. As of December 31, 2008, Fairborne had 25 gross (14.7 net) producing wells and 104 square kilometers of 3d seismic coverage on company lands.
The Wild River property is located approximately 250 kilometers northwest of Edmonton. Sour gas production is obtained from the Blueridge and Nisku Formations at drill depths of 3800 meters.
The Tower Creek property is located approximately 300 kilometers northwest of Edmonton. The property was acquired through Fairborne's acquisition of Grand Banks in June 2008.
In addition to the foregoing, Fairborne has an interest in other minor properties that contributed, in aggregate, 2,287 Boe/d of production in 2008.
Fairborne Energy, Ltd. was founded in 1984.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. FAIRBORNE ENERGY LTD. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. FAIRBORNE ENERGY LTD. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. FAIRBORNE ENERGY LTD. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. FAIRBORNE ENERGY LTD. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. FAIRBORNE ENERGY LTD. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Fairborne Energy Ltd. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Fairborne Energy Ltd. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Fairborne Energy Ltd. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Fairborne Energy Ltd. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Energy Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Fairborne Energy Ltd. Industry Position Analysis
6. FAIRBORNE ENERGY LTD. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. FAIRBORNE ENERGY LTD. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. FAIRBORNE ENERGY LTD. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. CANADA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. FAIRBORNE ENERGY LTD. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. FAIRBORNE ENERGY LTD. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. FAIRBORNE ENERGY LTD. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Fairborne Energy Ltd. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Fairborne Energy Ltd. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Fairborne Energy Ltd. Major Shareholders
Fairborne Energy Ltd. History
Fairborne Energy Ltd. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Fairborne Energy Ltd. Offices and Representations
Fairborne Energy Ltd. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Fairborne Energy Ltd. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Fairborne Energy Ltd. Capital Market Snapshot
Fairborne Energy Ltd. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Energy Industry Statistics
Fairborne Energy Ltd. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Fairborne Energy Ltd. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Fairborne Energy Ltd. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Fairborne Energy Ltd. 1-year Stock Charts
Fairborne Energy Ltd. 5-year Stock Charts
Fairborne Energy Ltd. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Fairborne Energy Ltd. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Fairborne Energy Ltd. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?