- The report contains detailed information about Essar Shipping Ports & Logistics Ltd that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Essar Shipping Ports & Logistics Ltd. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Essar Shipping Ports & Logistics Ltd financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Essar Shipping Ports & Logistics Ltd competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Essar Shipping Ports & Logistics Ltd business.
About Essar Shipping Ports & Logistics Ltd
Essar Shipping, Ltd. operates as a sea logistics company in India. The Company focuses on transportation solutions for the global energy business. It offers services in the areas of bulk transport, supply chain management and storage and distribution.
The Company operates in three main business areas:
The Company's energy transportation group provides sea transportation management services to the global energy industry, including the United States, European and Indian oil companies. The Company has relationships with global oil companies and its tankers have been chartered to international oil companies like Shell, Exxon/Mobil, Chevron, Statoil, Ultramar, Inc., BP Amoco and Texaco.
The Company's Integrated Bulk/Petroleum Product Transportation Services Group (IBPPT) offers supply chain management services for the sea transportation of bulk cargo and refined products. This group services steel, power, cement, fertilizer and petroleum companies in South East Asia and India, for clients such as Indian Oil Corporation, Bharat Petroleum and Hindustan Petroleum. It also handles 5 million metric tonnes of coastal dry bulk cargo annually.
The Company's crude oil and refined products handling and storage group provides storage and distribution services in India. ESL, through a wholly owned subsidiary Vadinar Oil Terminal, Ltd., owns port and terminal facilities to handle the receipt, storage and dispatch of crude oil and petroleum products at Vadinar port in Jamnagar, Gujarat.
The Companys IBPPT fleet of 24 vessels during the financial year ended March 31, 2005, were split into the bulk carrier and product carrier divisions.
Product Carrier Division: The Product Carrier Division consists three vessels. These vessels were employed largely with Indian oil companies and also other international charterers.
Bulk Carrier Division: The Companys Bulk Carrier fleet consist 3 Capesize vessels, 3 Handymax/Handysize vessels, 11 Mini bulk carriers and 4 Tugs. The vessels were employed on Contracts of Affreightment with steel mills and power generation plants in India and South East Asia to provide supply chain logistics services on Indian Coast and Intra-Asian trade.
The Company's clients include Sunoil International; Coastal Tankers Limited; Navion / Statoil Petrobras; Petroleos de Venezuela, SA; Indian Corporation Limited; Texaco / Stentex / Chevron (ChevronTexaco Corp.); Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited; Exxon Mobil; Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited; and British Petroleum (BP).
Integral coastal transportation and supply chain management services
The Company's clients include Cargil; Indo Rama Group; Essar Steel Limited; EDF & Man Group P/c; Jindal Vijaynagar Steel; Tamilnadu Electricity Board; Ispat Group; Oil and Natural Gas Commission Limited; South Indian Corporation (Agenecies) Limited/ KPCL; Indian Oil Corporation Limited; Emirates Trading Corporation; Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited; Commodities Trading Corporation (Dubai); and Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited.
The Company's subsidiaries include Vadinar Oil Terminal Limited; Essar Sisco Ship Management Company Limited; Essar International Limited, Guernsey, Channel Islands; Energy Transportation International Limited, Bermuda (wholly owned subsidiary of Essar International Limited); Energy I Limited, Bermuda (wholly owned subsidiary of Energy Transportation International Limited); Energy II Limited, Bermuda (wholly owned subsidiary of Essar International Limited).
During the period ended March 31, 2005, the Company had de-subsidiarised two of its non-operating, wholly owned subsidiaries namely, ESL Sea Logistics Limited, Cyprus, and Prime Sea Logistics Limited, Cyprus. The Company has incorporated Essar Pipeline Limited as its wholly owned subsidiary, which has also been de-subsidiarised in March 2005. Subsequent to the sale of the vessel, Mt Shravan in February 2005, by its subsidiary, Energy I Limited, the Company has initiated proceedings to liquidate the subsidiary.
During the period ended March 31, 2005, the Company acquired one Capesize Bulk carrier, MV Chandi Prasad.
In October 2007, the company has acquired a capsize vessel, named MV Govind Prasad, to its fleet. It is 263 metres long and of 129,237 deadweight tonnage.
During the period ended March 31, 2005, the Company sold its Very Large Crude Carrier (VLCC), MT Ashna. The said vessel was taken on a Long Term Time Charter from the buyer by Energy Transportation International Limited (a wholly owned subsidiary of Essar International Limited).
During the period ended March 31, 2005, the Company entered into an Memorandum of Agreement (MOA) to sell four of its Suezmax tankers (the four tankers are on an average 14 years old). All the four vessels were delivered in April 2005.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. ESSAR SHIPPING PORTS & LOGISTICS LTD COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. ESSAR SHIPPING PORTS & LOGISTICS LTD BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. ESSAR SHIPPING PORTS & LOGISTICS LTD SWOT ANALYSIS
4. ESSAR SHIPPING PORTS & LOGISTICS LTD FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. ESSAR SHIPPING PORTS & LOGISTICS LTD COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Essar Shipping Ports & Logistics Ltd Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Essar Shipping Ports & Logistics Ltd and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Essar Shipping Ports & Logistics Ltd and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Essar Shipping Ports & Logistics Ltd Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Energy Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Essar Shipping Ports & Logistics Ltd Industry Position Analysis
6. ESSAR SHIPPING PORTS & LOGISTICS LTD NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. ESSAR SHIPPING PORTS & LOGISTICS LTD EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. ESSAR SHIPPING PORTS & LOGISTICS LTD ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. INDIA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. ESSAR SHIPPING PORTS & LOGISTICS LTD IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. ESSAR SHIPPING PORTS & LOGISTICS LTD PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. ESSAR SHIPPING PORTS & LOGISTICS LTD VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Essar Shipping Ports & Logistics Ltd Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Essar Shipping Ports & Logistics Ltd Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Essar Shipping Ports & Logistics Ltd Major Shareholders
Essar Shipping Ports & Logistics Ltd History
Essar Shipping Ports & Logistics Ltd Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Essar Shipping Ports & Logistics Ltd Offices and Representations
Essar Shipping Ports & Logistics Ltd SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Essar Shipping Ports & Logistics Ltd Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Essar Shipping Ports & Logistics Ltd Capital Market Snapshot
Essar Shipping Ports & Logistics Ltd Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Energy Industry Statistics
Essar Shipping Ports & Logistics Ltd Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Essar Shipping Ports & Logistics Ltd Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Essar Shipping Ports & Logistics Ltd Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Essar Shipping Ports & Logistics Ltd 1-year Stock Charts
Essar Shipping Ports & Logistics Ltd 5-year Stock Charts
Essar Shipping Ports & Logistics Ltd vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Essar Shipping Ports & Logistics Ltd vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Essar Shipping Ports & Logistics Ltd Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?