- The report contains detailed information about EQT Corporation that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for EQT Corporation. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The EQT Corporation financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes EQT Corporation competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of EQT Corporation business.
About EQT Corporation
EQT Corporation offers energy products, such as natural gas, natural gas liquids (NGLs), and crude oil; and services to wholesale and retail customers in the United States.
The company operates through three segments: EQT Production, EQT Midstream, and Distribution.
EQT Production produces natural gas in the Appalachian Basin. This segment has approximately 3.4 million gross acres. EQT Production has 4.1 Tcfe of proved reserves across three major plays: Huron/Berea, Marcellus, and CBM, all located in the Appalachian Basin. The company has focused its horizontal air drilling program in the Huron/Berea play where the company has approximately 2.7 million acres and 2.8 Tcfe of proved reserves. It is also employing horizontal drilling technology to its 450,000 acres and 1.1 Tcfe of proved reserves in the Marcellus play. QT Productions produced natural gas is sold to marketers (including EQT Energy), utilities, and industrial customers located mainly in the Appalachian area.
EQT Midstream provides gathering, processing, transmission, and storage services to EQT Production and to independent third parties in the Appalachian Basin. The company has approximately 10,650 miles of gathering lines and 970 miles of transmission lines. EQT also owns and operates Kentucky Hydrocarbon, a gas processing facility in Langley, Kentucky. Through Equitrans L.P. (Equitrans, EQTs interstate pipeline affiliate), EQTs transmission and storage system interconnects with five major interstate pipelines: Texas Eastern Transmission, Columbia Gas Transmission, National Fuel Gas Supply, Tennessee Gas Pipeline, and Dominion Transmission. EQT Midstreams 14 natural gas storage reservoirs provide approximately 500 MMcf per day of peak delivery capability and 63 Bcf of storage capacity, of which 32 Bcf is working gas. EQTs storage reservoirs are clustered in two geographic areas, with eight in northern West Virginia and six in southwestern Pennsylvania. As of December 31, 2009, EQT Midstream, through Equitrans and EQT Energy, LLC (EQT Energy, EQTs gas marketing affiliate), leased an additional 8.2 Bcf of contractual storage capacity and 118,834 Dth per day of contractual pipeline capacity from third parties. In addition, in 2008, EQT Energy executed a binding precedent agreement with Tennessee Gas Pipeline Company (TGP), a wholly owned subsidiary of El Paso Corporation, for a 15-year term that awarded the company capacity in TGPs 300-Line expansion project.
The company's regulated natural gas distribution subsidiary, Equitable Gas Company, LLC (Equitable Gas, EQTs local distribution affiliate), distributes and sells natural gas to residential, commercial, and industrial customers in southwestern Pennsylvania, West Virginia, and eastern Kentucky. Equitable Gas also operates a gathering system in Pennsylvania and provides off-system sales activities which include the purchase and delivery of gas to customers at mutually agreed-upon points on facilities not owned by the company.
This segment owns and operates natural gas distribution and gathering facilities, as well as other general property and equipment in western Pennsylvania, West Virginia and Kentucky. The distribution operations consist of approximately 4,000 miles of pipe in Pennsylvania, West Virginia, and Kentucky.
The companys distribution segment provides natural gas distribution services to approximately 275,900 customers, consisting of 257,300 residential customers and 18,600 commercial and industrial customers in southwestern Pennsylvania, municipalities in northern West Virginia and field line sales in eastern Kentucky and West Virginia.
The company was founded in 1925. It was formerly known as Equitable Resources, Inc. and changed its name to EQT Corporation in 2009.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. EQT CORPORATION COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. EQT CORPORATION BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. EQT CORPORATION SWOT ANALYSIS
4. EQT CORPORATION FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. EQT CORPORATION COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. EQT Corporation Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of EQT Corporation and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of EQT Corporation and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. EQT Corporation Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Energy Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. EQT Corporation Industry Position Analysis
6. EQT CORPORATION NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. EQT CORPORATION EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. EQT CORPORATION ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. EQT CORPORATION IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. EQT CORPORATION PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. EQT CORPORATION VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
EQT Corporation Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
EQT Corporation Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
EQT Corporation Major Shareholders
EQT Corporation History
EQT Corporation Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
EQT Corporation Offices and Representations
EQT Corporation SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
EQT Corporation Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
EQT Corporation Capital Market Snapshot
EQT Corporation Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Energy Industry Statistics
EQT Corporation Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
EQT Corporation Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
EQT Corporation Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
EQT Corporation 1-year Stock Charts
EQT Corporation 5-year Stock Charts
EQT Corporation vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
EQT Corporation vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
EQT Corporation Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?