- The report contains detailed information about Enerplus Resources Fund that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Enerplus Resources Fund. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Enerplus Resources Fund financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Enerplus Resources Fund competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Enerplus Resources Fund business.
About Enerplus Resources Fund
Enerplus Resources Fund, through its subsidiaries, engages in the acquisition, exploitation, and operation of crude oil and natural gas assets.
As of December 31, 2009, the companys material operating subsidiaries were EnerMark Inc., Enerplus Resources Corporation (ERC), Enerplus Commercial Trust (ECT), Enerplus Resources (USA) Corporation (Enerplus USA) and FET Operating Partnership.
The companys Bakken/Tight Oil resource play includes properties in Montana, North Dakota and southeast Saskatchewan, including an approximate 70% average working interest in certain producing wells in the Sleeping Giant Bakken oil field in Richland County, Montana.
In 2009, the company added to its Bakken/Tight Oil portfolio and has accumulated approximately 100 net sections of undeveloped Bakken land in both Canada and the U.S. In 2009, the comaopny purchased a 25% working interest in 44 gross sections of prospective Bakken land in southeast Saskatchewan, and followed with the purchase of a 50% working interest in approximately 34 gross sections of prospective Bakken land in North Dakota.
Marcellus Shale Gas
As of December 31, 2009, the company owned an average 23.6% non-operated working interest in approximately 534,000 acres of land. The company owns an average 21.5% working interest in certain lands within the Marcellus shale natural gas play in the northeastern United States.
In 2009, the companys major producing tight natural gas properties included Tommy Lakes property in northern British Columbia and Pine Creek, Elmworth, and Burnt Timber, all of which are located in Alberta. This play type includes multi-zone tight natural gas plays, such as Cardium, Nikannassin, Montney, Bluesky, Nordegg and Halfway zones, as well as others.
Crude Oil Waterfloods
In 2009, the companys waterflood producing properties were Pembina 5 Way, Joarcam, Giltedge, the Medicine Hat Glauconitic C Unit and Virden, all of which are located in Alberta with the exception of Virden, which is in Manitoba. It operates over 80% of its crude oil waterflood production.
Shallow natural gas, which includes certain CBM properties, has been a core development play for it. In 2009, the companys shallow natural gas producing properties were the Shackleton field in southwest Saskatchewan and the Bantry, Verger, Hanna Garden, and Medicine Hat South properties in Alberta.
Kirby Project: The company has a 100% working interest in SAGD project. The Kirby Lease covers 43,360 gross acres (approximately 67 sections) of land in the Athabasca oil sands fairway near other major SAGD development projects on production.
Laricina: The company has a joint venture with Laricina, a private oil sands company focused on SAGD development in the Athabasca oil sands fairway. As at December 31, 2009, the company owned approximately 11% of Laricina.
Other Conventional Oil and Gas Assets
In addition to the play types, the company owns other conventional oil and natural gas assets across western Canada. These assets include a portfolio of smaller working interests in both operated and non-operated crude oil and natural gas projects and consist of various reservoir types. Major conventional assets include the Brooks, Kingsford, Hayter, Enchant and Shorncliff properties in Alberta.
Major facilities included in the companys conventional oil and natural gas properties include a 100% interest in Brooks North and South oil batteries and water disposal facilities; a 22% interest in the oil emulsion treating and water disposal facility at Hayter, Alberta; a 100% interest in 3 oil facilities at Shorncliff; a 75% interest in the Colgate oil battery; a 15% interest in the Sylvan Lake gas plant; and an 8% interest in the Hanlan-Robb gas plant.
As of December 31, 2009, the companys estimated proved plus probable reserves were 110,568 thousand barrels of light and medium crude oil; 46,778 thousand barrels of heavy crude oil; 14,507 thousand barrels of natural gas liquids; 1,013,180 million cubic feet of natural gas; and 24,890 million cubic feet of shale gas.
Enerplus Resources Fund was founded in 1986.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. ENERPLUS RESOURCES FUND COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. ENERPLUS RESOURCES FUND BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. ENERPLUS RESOURCES FUND SWOT ANALYSIS
4. ENERPLUS RESOURCES FUND FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. ENERPLUS RESOURCES FUND COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Enerplus Resources Fund Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Enerplus Resources Fund and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Enerplus Resources Fund and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Enerplus Resources Fund Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Energy Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Enerplus Resources Fund Industry Position Analysis
6. ENERPLUS RESOURCES FUND NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. ENERPLUS RESOURCES FUND EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. ENERPLUS RESOURCES FUND ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. CANADA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. ENERPLUS RESOURCES FUND IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. ENERPLUS RESOURCES FUND PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. ENERPLUS RESOURCES FUND VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Enerplus Resources Fund Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Enerplus Resources Fund Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Enerplus Resources Fund Major Shareholders
Enerplus Resources Fund History
Enerplus Resources Fund Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Enerplus Resources Fund Offices and Representations
Enerplus Resources Fund SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Enerplus Resources Fund Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Enerplus Resources Fund Capital Market Snapshot
Enerplus Resources Fund Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Energy Industry Statistics
Enerplus Resources Fund Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Enerplus Resources Fund Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Enerplus Resources Fund Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Enerplus Resources Fund 1-year Stock Charts
Enerplus Resources Fund 5-year Stock Charts
Enerplus Resources Fund vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Enerplus Resources Fund vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Enerplus Resources Fund Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?