- The report contains detailed information about Energy Partners Ltd. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Energy Partners Ltd.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Energy Partners Ltd. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Energy Partners Ltd. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Energy Partners Ltd. business.
About Energy Partners Ltd.
Energy Partners, Ltd. operates as an independent oil and natural gas exploration and production company. The companys operations are concentrated in the shallow to moderate-depth waters in the Gulf of Mexico focusing on the areas offshore Louisiana, as well as the deepwater Gulf of Mexico.
The company produces both oil and natural gas. As of December 31, 2009, it had estimated proved reserves of approximately 19.9 million barrels (Mmbbls) of oil and 67.4 billion cubic feet (Bcf) of natural gas, or an aggregate of approximately 31.2 million barrels of oil equivalent (Mmboe).
As of December 31, 2009, the company had working interests in 20 producing fields, primarily located in the Gulf of Mexico region.
Gulf of Mexico Shelf
The Gulf of Mexico Shelf includes Eastern offshore areacomprising primarily two producing fields, its East Bay and Main Pass fields; Central offshore areacomprising five producing fields, all of which are located in close proximity to each other and are in the vicinity of the Bay Marchand salt dome (the Greater Bay Marchand area); and Western offshore areacomprising 10 producing fields extending from offshore central and western Louisiana to Texas.
The companys East Bay field, the key asset in its Eastern offshore area, is located 89 miles southeast of New Orleans near the mouth of the Mississippi River. It contains producing wells located onshore along the coastline and in water depths ranging up to approximately 170 feet and is comprised of the South Pass 24, 26 and 27 fields. The company operates this field and owns an average 99% interest in its acreage position in this area. The companys leasehold area covered 33,154 gross acres (32,967 net acres) as of December 31, 2009.
The companys key assets in Central offshore area include the South Timbalier 26, 41 and 46 blocks and the Bay Marchand field located approximately 60 miles south of New Orleans in water depths of 181 feet or less. It has drilled its initial discovery well in the South Timbalier 41 field, in which it holds a 60% working interest. The company owns a 100% interest in the producing horizons in South Timbalier 26 field. The properties in the Western offshore area are located in water depths ranging from 7 to 272 feet with working interests ranging from 20% to 100%.
Deepwater Gulf of Mexico
As of December 31, 2009, the company owned interests in 22 blocks in the deepwater Gulf of Mexico area, including one well at Mississippi Canyon Block 248. Its working interests in its leases in this area ranged from 15% to 33%.
The company's major customers include Shell Trading (US) Company; ChevronTexaco Exploration & Production Company; and Louis Dreyfus Energy Services, L.P.
Energy Partners, Ltd. was founded in 1998.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. ENERGY PARTNERS LTD. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. ENERGY PARTNERS LTD. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. ENERGY PARTNERS LTD. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. ENERGY PARTNERS LTD. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. ENERGY PARTNERS LTD. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Energy Partners Ltd. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Energy Partners Ltd. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Energy Partners Ltd. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Energy Partners Ltd. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Energy Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Energy Partners Ltd. Industry Position Analysis
6. ENERGY PARTNERS LTD. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. ENERGY PARTNERS LTD. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. ENERGY PARTNERS LTD. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. ENERGY PARTNERS LTD. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. ENERGY PARTNERS LTD. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. ENERGY PARTNERS LTD. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Energy Partners Ltd. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Energy Partners Ltd. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Energy Partners Ltd. Major Shareholders
Energy Partners Ltd. History
Energy Partners Ltd. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Energy Partners Ltd. Offices and Representations
Energy Partners Ltd. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Energy Partners Ltd. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Energy Partners Ltd. Capital Market Snapshot
Energy Partners Ltd. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Energy Industry Statistics
Energy Partners Ltd. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Energy Partners Ltd. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Energy Partners Ltd. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Energy Partners Ltd. 1-year Stock Charts
Energy Partners Ltd. 5-year Stock Charts
Energy Partners Ltd. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Energy Partners Ltd. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Energy Partners Ltd. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?