- The report contains detailed information about El Paso Pipeline Partners, L.P. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for El Paso Pipeline Partners, L.P.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The El Paso Pipeline Partners, L.P. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes El Paso Pipeline Partners, L.P. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of El Paso Pipeline Partners, L.P. business.
About El Paso Pipeline Partners, L.P.
El Paso Pipeline Partners, L.P. owns and operates natural gas transportation pipelines and storage assets. The company conducts business activities through various natural gas pipeline systems and storage facilities including the Wyoming Interstate Company, Ltd. (WIC) system, a 58 percent general partner interest in Colorado Interstate Gas Company (CIG) and a 25 percent general partner interest in Southern Natural Gas Company (SNG).
WIC is an interstate pipeline transportation business located in Wyoming, Utah and Colorado. CIG is an interstate pipeline transportation and storage business that extends from production areas in the U.S. Rocky Mountain region to interconnection points on pipelines transporting gas to the midwest, southwest and northwest U.S. and to market areas in the Front Range of Colorado and Wyoming. SNG is an interstate pipeline transportation and storage business that extends from production fields in the southern U.S. and the Gulf of Mexico to market areas across the Southeast.
WIC: WIC is comprised of a mainline system that extends from western Wyoming to northeast Colorado (the Cheyenne Hub) and several lateral pipeline systems that extend from various interconnections along the WIC mainline into western Colorado and northeast Wyoming and into eastern Utah. WIC is one of the primary interstate natural gas transportation systems providing takeaway capacity from the Overthrust, Piceance, Uinta, Powder River and Green River Basins. CIG is the operator of the WIC system pursuant to a service agreement with WIC.
CIG: CIG is comprised of pipelines that deliver natural gas from production areas in the U.S. Rocky Mountains and the Anadarko Basin directly to customers in Colorado, Wyoming and indirectly to the midwest, southwest, California and Pacific northwest. CIG also owns interests in five storage facilities located in Colorado and Kansas with approximately 35 Bcf of underground working natural gas storage capacity and one natural gas processing plant located in Wyoming.
CIG owns a 50 percent ownership interest in WYCO, a joint venture with an affiliate of Public Service Company of Colorado (PSCo). WYCO owns Totem Gas Storage and the High Plains pipeline. The High Plains pipeline consists of a 164-mile interstate gas pipeline extending from the Cheyenne Hub in northeast Colorado to PSCos Fort St. Vrain electric generation plant and other points of interconnections with PSCos system.
WYCO also owns a state regulated intrastate gas pipeline that extends from the Cheyenne Hub in northeast Colorado to PSCos Fort St. Vrains electric generation plant, and a compressor station in Wyoming operated by WIC.
SNG: SNG is comprised of pipelines extending from natural gas supply basins in Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama and the Gulf of Mexico to market areas in Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Florida, Georgia, South Carolina and Tennessee, including the metropolitan areas of Atlanta and Birmingham. SNG is the principal natural gas transporter to southeastern markets in Alabama, Georgia and South Carolina. SNG owns interests in two storage facilities along the system with approximately 60 Bcf of underground working natural gas storage capacity. The SNG system is also connected to El Pasos Elba Island LNG terminal near Savannah, Georgia.
The companys customers consist of natural gas distribution and industrial companies, electric generation companies, natural gas producers, other natural gas pipelines, and natural gas marketing and trading companies. It provides transportation and storage services in both natural gas supply and market areas. The companys customers include Williams Gas Marketing, Inc.; Anadarko Petroleum Corporation; PSCo; Williams Gas Marketing, Inc.; Atlanta Gas Light Company; Southern Company Services; Alabama Gas Corporation; and SCANA Corporation.
WIC: WICs direct competitor in the U.S. Rocky Mountain region is the Rockies Express Pipeline owned by Rockies Express Pipeline, LLC.
CIG: CIGs most direct competitor in the U.S. Rocky Mountain region is the Rockies Express Pipeline.
SNG: SNGs most direct competitor is Transco, which owns an approximately 10,500-mile pipeline extending from Texas to New York.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. EL PASO PIPELINE PARTNERS, L.P. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. EL PASO PIPELINE PARTNERS, L.P. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. EL PASO PIPELINE PARTNERS, L.P. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. EL PASO PIPELINE PARTNERS, L.P. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. EL PASO PIPELINE PARTNERS, L.P. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. El Paso Pipeline Partners, L.P. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of El Paso Pipeline Partners, L.P. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of El Paso Pipeline Partners, L.P. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. El Paso Pipeline Partners, L.P. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Energy Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. El Paso Pipeline Partners, L.P. Industry Position Analysis
6. EL PASO PIPELINE PARTNERS, L.P. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. EL PASO PIPELINE PARTNERS, L.P. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. EL PASO PIPELINE PARTNERS, L.P. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. EL PASO PIPELINE PARTNERS, L.P. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. EL PASO PIPELINE PARTNERS, L.P. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. EL PASO PIPELINE PARTNERS, L.P. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
El Paso Pipeline Partners, L.P. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
El Paso Pipeline Partners, L.P. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
El Paso Pipeline Partners, L.P. Major Shareholders
El Paso Pipeline Partners, L.P. History
El Paso Pipeline Partners, L.P. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
El Paso Pipeline Partners, L.P. Offices and Representations
El Paso Pipeline Partners, L.P. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
El Paso Pipeline Partners, L.P. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
El Paso Pipeline Partners, L.P. Capital Market Snapshot
El Paso Pipeline Partners, L.P. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Energy Industry Statistics
El Paso Pipeline Partners, L.P. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
El Paso Pipeline Partners, L.P. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
El Paso Pipeline Partners, L.P. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
El Paso Pipeline Partners, L.P. 1-year Stock Charts
El Paso Pipeline Partners, L.P. 5-year Stock Charts
El Paso Pipeline Partners, L.P. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
El Paso Pipeline Partners, L.P. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
El Paso Pipeline Partners, L.P. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?