- The report contains detailed information about Dresser-Rand Group Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Dresser-Rand Group Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Dresser-Rand Group Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Dresser-Rand Group Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Dresser-Rand Group Inc. business.
About Dresser-Rand Group Inc.
Dresser-Rand Group Inc. supplies custom-engineered rotating equipment solutions for applications in the oil, gas, chemical, petrochemical, process, power, military and other industries worldwide.
The companys product and services are used in applications that include gas gathering, gas recompression and export, gas lift and high pressure re-injection; CO2 re-injection, enhanced oil recovery, main refrigeration compression and other duties for liquefied natural gas (LNG) plants; gas transmission and storage, as well as gas processing; various refinery services; ammonia and methanol synthesis gas; ethylene and other petrochemical services and chemical plant services.
The companys custom-engineered products are also used in other applications to recover and/or increase energy efficiency. These include hot gas turbo-expanders for energy recovery in refineries; co- and tri-generation combined heat and power (CHP) packages for institutional and other clients; steam turbines to generate power in ships using steam raised by recovering exhaust heat from the main engines, and compressed air energy storage (CAES) applications for utility sized power generation projects that are environmentally friendly and provides grid management features. The typical CAES plant makes use of its classes of axial compressors, centrifugal compressors, gas expanders, controls and rotating equipment system integration capabilities. Other general industrial markets served include paper, steel, sugar, and distributed power generation.
The company provides a range of products and services to its worldwide client base in approximately 140 countries from its global locations (65 sales offices, 37 service centers and 12 manufacturing locations) in 18 U.S. states and 29 countries. Its clients include Chevron, Royal Dutch Shell, ExxonMobil, BP, Statoil, Total, Petrobras, Pemex, PDVSA, Petronas, Saudi Aramco, ConocoPhillips, LUKOIL, Marathon Petroleum Company, Repsol, and Dow Chemical Company.
The companys segments are New Units and Aftermarket Parts and Services.
This segment manufactures highly-engineered turbo and reciprocating compression equipment and steam turbines. It also manufactures special-purpose gas turbines.
Turbo Products: The company supplies turbomachinery for the oil and gas industry worldwide. Centrifugal compressors utilize turbomachinery technology that employs a series of graduated impellers to increase pressure. Generally, these centrifugal compressors are used to re-inject natural gases into petroleum fields to increase field pressures for added petroleum recovery or to re-inject carbon dioxide (CO2) to meet regulatory requirements. In addition, centrifugal compression is used to separate the composition of various gases in process applications to extract specific gases. Applications for its turbo products include gas lift and injection, gas gathering, storage and transmission, synthetic fuels, ethylene, fertilizer, refineries and chemical production, and CAES application.
The DATUM is a line of radial and axial split centrifugal compressors, with modular and scalable construction, for flows to 500,000 cubic feet per minute (cfm) (236 m3/s), and discharge pressures to approximately000 pounds per square inch gauge (psig) (690 barg). The DATUM product line also offers improved rotor stability characteristics. DATUM compressors are available in 15 frame sizes. In addition to the DATUM centrifugal compressor line, the company manufactures a line of axial flow compressors, legacy centrifugal compressors, warm-gas expanders, hot-gas expanders, gas and power turbines and control systems.
In addition, the company offers various gas turbines ranging in power capacity from approximately 1.5 to 50+ megawatts (MW), which support driver needs for various centrifugal compressor product lines, as well as for power generation applications.
Reciprocating Compressors: The company supplies reciprocating compressors, offering products ranging from medium to high speed separable units driven by engines to large slow speed-motor driven process reciprocating compressors. Typically, reciprocating compressor
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. DRESSER-RAND GROUP INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. DRESSER-RAND GROUP INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. DRESSER-RAND GROUP INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. DRESSER-RAND GROUP INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. DRESSER-RAND GROUP INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Dresser-Rand Group Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Dresser-Rand Group Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Dresser-Rand Group Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Dresser-Rand Group Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Energy Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Dresser-Rand Group Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. DRESSER-RAND GROUP INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. DRESSER-RAND GROUP INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. DRESSER-RAND GROUP INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. DRESSER-RAND GROUP INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. DRESSER-RAND GROUP INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. DRESSER-RAND GROUP INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Dresser-Rand Group Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Dresser-Rand Group Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Dresser-Rand Group Inc. Major Shareholders
Dresser-Rand Group Inc. History
Dresser-Rand Group Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Dresser-Rand Group Inc. Offices and Representations
Dresser-Rand Group Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Dresser-Rand Group Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Dresser-Rand Group Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Dresser-Rand Group Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Energy Industry Statistics
Dresser-Rand Group Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Dresser-Rand Group Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Dresser-Rand Group Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Dresser-Rand Group Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Dresser-Rand Group Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Dresser-Rand Group Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Dresser-Rand Group Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Dresser-Rand Group Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?