- The report contains detailed information about Double Eagle Petroleum Co. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Double Eagle Petroleum Co.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Double Eagle Petroleum Co. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Double Eagle Petroleum Co. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Double Eagle Petroleum Co. business.
About Double Eagle Petroleum Co.
Double Eagle Petroleum Co., an independent energy company, engages in the exploration, development, production and sale of natural gas and crude oil, primarily in Rocky Mountain Basins of the western the United States.
The companys operations are focused on its two core development properties located in southwestern Wyoming. It has coal bed methane reserves and production in the Atlantic Rim area of the Eastern Washakie Basin and tight sands gas reserves and production in the Pinedale Anticline.
As of December 31, 2009, the company had estimated proved reserves of 89.8 Bcf of natural gas and 419 MBbl of oil, or a total of 92.3 Bcfe.
As of December 31, 2009, the company owned interests in a total of 1,172 producing wells and had an acreage position of 359,830 gross acres (114,369 net), of which 218,555 gross acres (102,325 net) are undeveloped.
The Atlantic Rim Coal Bed Natural Gas Project
This play is a 40-mile long trend located in south central Wyoming, from the town of Baggs at the south end, to the town of Rawlins at the north end. The company has an interest in 50,937 gross acres (29,735 net acres) along the Atlantic Rim.
Catalina Unit: The Catalina Unit consists of 21,725 total acres (8,944 net acres) which the company operates. It has a 100% working interest in the Cow Creek Field.
Eastern Washakie Midstream Pipeline LLC: The company owns, through its wholly-owned subsidiary, Eastern Washakie Midstream Pipeline LLC, a 13-mile pipeline and gathering assets, which connect the Catalina Unit with the pipeline system owned by Southern Star Central Gas Pipeline, Inc.
Doty Mountain Unit: The Doty Mountain Unit is adjacent to and northeast of the Catalina Unit. As of December 31, 2009, the company owned a 16.85% interest of the PA in the Unit.
Sun Dog Unit: The Sun Dog Unit is adjacent to and east of the Catalina Unit. Anadarko operates the 23,468 acre unit in which the company owns 3,886 gross and 2,045 net acres of working interest. As of December 31, 2009, the company owned an 8.89% working interest of the PA in the Unit. As of December 31, 2009, there were 114 production wells within the Unit.
Other Acreage: The company owns interests in additional acreage in the Atlantic Rim.
The Pinedale Anticline in the Green River Basin of Wyoming
The Pinedale Anticline is in southwestern Wyoming, 10 miles south of the town of Pinedale. Questar operates 2,400 acres in the Mesa Unit in which the company holds a net acreage position of 110 acres. The Mesa Unit on the Pinedale Anticline includes 130 non-operated wells producing.
As of December 31, 2009, in the Mesa A PA, there were 22 producing wells, in which the company held a 0.312% overriding royalty interest. Its net acre position is approximately 1.875 net acres under a gross of 600 acres in the A Participating Area.
In the Mesa B PA, where the company has an 8% average working interest in the shallow producing formations and a 12.5% average working interest in the deep producing formations, there were 74 producing wells that produced 1,302 MMcfe in 2009. The company has a net acreage position of 64 net acres under a gross of 800 acres in the shallower formations in the B Participating Area, and 100 net acres under a gross of 800 acres in the deep producing formations.
The Wind River Basin in Central Wyoming
The company has interests in 50,226 gross acres, (2,243 net acres), of leases in this Basin.
The Madden Anticline is located in central Wyoming, 65 miles west of the town of Casper. The company owns a 0.349% working interest in the Madden Sour Gas PA in the Madden Deep Unit and the Lost Cabin Gas Processing Plant. It has 504.74 gross acres (84.14 net acres) that are included in the 24,088 acre participating area. In total, it owns an approximate 16.67% working interest in 734.25 acres on the Madden Anticline that potentially could be included in the Madden Sour Gas PA.
The company also owns interests, which are restricted in depth and size, in approximately 12,000 additional acres on the Madden Anticline. Additionally, it operates and produces from one lower Fort Union well and one upper Fort Union well outside of the unit.
South Waltman: The South Waltman acreage is located approximately 15 miles southeast of the Madden Anticline. Double Eagle operates this property and owns an average working interest of 46%. As of December 31, 2009, the company drilled 2 wells within South Waltman; the Waltman 24-24 well and the Waltman 34-24 well.
The Moxa Arch and Other Areas in Southwest Wyoming
The company participates in developmental drilling on the Moxa Arch and other areas within southwest Wyoming. It has interest in a total of 368 wells in this area, 1 of which was drilled in 2009.
The companys natural gas and crude oil are marketed and sold primarily to purchasers that have access to nearby pipeline facilities. The marketing of majority of its products is performed by a third-party marketing company, Summit Energy, LLC.
Double Eagle Petroleum Co. was founded in 1972.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. DOUBLE EAGLE PETROLEUM CO. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. DOUBLE EAGLE PETROLEUM CO. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. DOUBLE EAGLE PETROLEUM CO. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. DOUBLE EAGLE PETROLEUM CO. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. DOUBLE EAGLE PETROLEUM CO. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Double Eagle Petroleum Co. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Double Eagle Petroleum Co. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Double Eagle Petroleum Co. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Double Eagle Petroleum Co. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Energy Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Double Eagle Petroleum Co. Industry Position Analysis
6. DOUBLE EAGLE PETROLEUM CO. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. DOUBLE EAGLE PETROLEUM CO. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. DOUBLE EAGLE PETROLEUM CO. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. DOUBLE EAGLE PETROLEUM CO. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. DOUBLE EAGLE PETROLEUM CO. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. DOUBLE EAGLE PETROLEUM CO. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Double Eagle Petroleum Co. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Double Eagle Petroleum Co. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Double Eagle Petroleum Co. Major Shareholders
Double Eagle Petroleum Co. History
Double Eagle Petroleum Co. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Double Eagle Petroleum Co. Offices and Representations
Double Eagle Petroleum Co. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Double Eagle Petroleum Co. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Double Eagle Petroleum Co. Capital Market Snapshot
Double Eagle Petroleum Co. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Energy Industry Statistics
Double Eagle Petroleum Co. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Double Eagle Petroleum Co. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Double Eagle Petroleum Co. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Double Eagle Petroleum Co. 1-year Stock Charts
Double Eagle Petroleum Co. 5-year Stock Charts
Double Eagle Petroleum Co. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Double Eagle Petroleum Co. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Double Eagle Petroleum Co. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?