- The report contains detailed information about Daylight Energy Ltd that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Daylight Energy Ltd. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Daylight Energy Ltd financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Daylight Energy Ltd competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Daylight Energy Ltd business.
About Daylight Energy Ltd
Midnight Oil & Gas Ltd. (Midnight or the company) is a junior oil and gas exploration and production company based in Calgary and operating in the Western Canadian Sedimentary Basin. Midnight began its operations as a private company in 2000. Midnight focuses its activities in two high-potential areas; the Peace River Arch and the West Central area of Alberta. These areas are sweet gas areas that have multizone potential and allow year-round access. During 2002, Midnight established operating bases in both of these areas that include ownership and operatorship of facilities and infrastructure.
Peace River Arch
Deep Basin Area
The Peace River Arch area is located west of the town of Grande Prairie and includes the Deep Basin production area. In the Wapiti-Elmworth and Beaverlodge areas, Midnight targets the multizone gas potential within reservoirs of Cretaceous and Triassic age. In addition to the multizone potential, the area is characterized by numerous high-productivity large reserve gas pools.
The Wapiti-Elmworth area of Alberta is located approximately 15 miles west of Grande Prairie. Midnight has an average 60% working interest in 9,440 gross acres (5,680 net) of land. Primary targets within the Wapiti area are the reservoirs of Cretaceous age, which are part of the Deep Basin gas trap. During 2002, Midnight pursued a very active exploration and development drilling program, drilling seven gross (3.85 net) wells resulting in six gross (3.35 net) gas wells and 87% success rate.
The Beaverlodge area is located approximately 12 miles northwest of Midnights Wapiti holdings. Midnight has an average 37% working interest in 5,760 acres (2,142 net) of land in this area. The property currently contains one gross (0.29 net) multizone gas well that came on production mid-March, 2003. The well is a high productivity well that was completed in the Halfway formation and production tested at rates of over 8.0 mmcf/d. The Halfway production is sour (approximately 8%) and has been tied into an offsetting sour pipeline and delivered into sour infrastructure. Midnights partner is the operator of the current well and Midnight holds working interests varying from 15% to 100%. Midnight participated in a 30-square-mile 3D seismic program. For 2003, Midnight has a multiwell drilling program scheduled for this area.
The Rycroft and Sinclair areas are located near the town of Spirit River in northwestern Alberta. Additions to these areas were obtained from both the Foothills and Capture acquisitions. Following the acquisition of Capture, Midnight has an average 60% working interest in 6,400 gross acres (3,782 net) of land. Prospective targets in this multizone area include production of natural gas and oil from the Doe Creek, Dunvegan, Gething and Charlie Lake formations at depths of 950 1400 m. The properties are developed with a total of 16 (8.1 net) wells comprising interests in 10 gross (4.7 net) producing oil wells, and one (0.3 net) suspended oil well and interests in three gross (1.5 net) producing gas wells and two (1.6 net) suspended gas wells. Midnight also owns corresponding interests in a battery facility and associated flowlines. Following the acquisition of Foothills, Midnight initiated a program to increase allowable production from the area through a water injection scheme and constructed a pipeline to commence gas conservation.
West Central Area
Midnights key operating areas within West Central Alberta are Caroline-Ricinus, Garrington, Chigwell and Cardiff-Alexander. The Caroline-Ricinus area is located approximately 50 miles southwest of Red Deer, Alberta. With the addition of the Capture lands, Midnight has an average 33% working interest in 12,818 gross acres (4,202 net) of land in this area. Midnight acquired over 60 square miles of 3D seismic coverage in the area. At Caroline the targeted formations are the Cardium and Viking conglomerates of Cretaceous age. Midnights initial discovery was a major multizone gas discovery (0.3 net) well that was placed on stream in October 2002. In the winter of 2002/2003, Midnight operated the drilling of two wells.
The Garrington area is located approximately 40 miles southwest of Red Deer, Alberta. Midnight has increased its landholdings to 2,560 gross acres and has maintained its 100% working interest in this area. In 2002, Midnight conducted two drilling operations on these lands and a re-entry operation on a previously existing well resulting in two gross (2.0 net) gas wells and one gross (1.0 net) oil well. The gas wells tested at rates of 1.0 to 2.0 mmcf/d.
The Chigwell area is located 20 miles northwest of Red Deer, Alberta. Midnight has an average 36% interest in 19,200 gross acres (6,933 net) of land in Chigwell. Midnight has a varying interest in 10 gross (2.9 net) producing oil wells, four gross (0.3 net) producing gas wells and 10 gross (4.1 net) shutin gas wells.
The Cardiff-Alexander area is located approximately 35 miles west of Edmonton. The Cardiff-Alexander property offers multizone potential for natural gas production from the Belly River, Viking, Mannville and Devonian formations at depths of 800 1200 m. As a part of the Capture acquisition it includes a 55% ownership and operatorship in a 6 mmcf/d gas plant and associated gas gathering system which processes the majority of the production in the area. Midnight has an average 69% working interest in 28,480 gross acres (19,632 net) of land. This property has a total of 27 (15.6 net) wells consisting of 13 (6.5 net) producing gas wells, two (0.6 net) producing oil wells, 10 (7.7 net) suspended gas wells and one (0.5 net) suspended oil well.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. DAYLIGHT ENERGY LTD COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. DAYLIGHT ENERGY LTD BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. DAYLIGHT ENERGY LTD SWOT ANALYSIS
4. DAYLIGHT ENERGY LTD FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. DAYLIGHT ENERGY LTD COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Daylight Energy Ltd Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Daylight Energy Ltd and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Daylight Energy Ltd and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Daylight Energy Ltd Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Energy Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Daylight Energy Ltd Industry Position Analysis
6. DAYLIGHT ENERGY LTD NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. DAYLIGHT ENERGY LTD EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. DAYLIGHT ENERGY LTD ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. CANADA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. DAYLIGHT ENERGY LTD IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. DAYLIGHT ENERGY LTD PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. DAYLIGHT ENERGY LTD VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Daylight Energy Ltd Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Daylight Energy Ltd Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Daylight Energy Ltd Major Shareholders
Daylight Energy Ltd History
Daylight Energy Ltd Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Daylight Energy Ltd Offices and Representations
Daylight Energy Ltd SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Daylight Energy Ltd Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Daylight Energy Ltd Capital Market Snapshot
Daylight Energy Ltd Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Energy Industry Statistics
Daylight Energy Ltd Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Daylight Energy Ltd Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Daylight Energy Ltd Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Daylight Energy Ltd 1-year Stock Charts
Daylight Energy Ltd 5-year Stock Charts
Daylight Energy Ltd vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Daylight Energy Ltd vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Daylight Energy Ltd Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?