- The report contains detailed information about Dawson Geophysical Co. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Dawson Geophysical Co.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Dawson Geophysical Co. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Dawson Geophysical Co. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Dawson Geophysical Co. business.
About Dawson Geophysical Co.
Dawson Geophysical Company provides onshore seismic data acquisition services in the United States. The company acquires and processes two dimensional (2D), three dimensional (3D), and multi-component seismic data.
The companys business consists of the acquisition and processing of seismic data to produce an image of the earths subsurface. The seismic method involves the recording of reflected acoustic or sonic waves from below the ground. In its operations, the company introduces acoustic energy into the ground by using an acoustic energy source. Its 2-D method involves the collection of seismic data in a linear fashion thus generating a single plane of subsurface seismic data. The 3-D method creates a seismic data which produces precise images of the earths subsurface. 3-D seismic data are used in the exploration for new reserves and enable oil and gas companies to delineate existing fields and to augment their reservoir completion and management techniques.
Data Acquisition: The seismic survey begins at the time a client requests that it formulates a proposal to acquire seismic data on its behalf. Geophysicists then assist the client in designing the specifications of the proposed 3-D survey. As of September 30, 2010, the company operated 12 land-based seismic data acquisition crews, utilizing up to 147 vibrator energy source units, and approximately 119,000 recording channels.
The company owns recording equipment, energy sources, and ancillary vehicles to operate 16 equipped crews. Of the 16 recording systems it owns 8 are ARAM ARIES cable-based recording systems, 6 are I/O System II RSR radio-based recording systems, and 2 are I/O System II MRX cable-based recording systems. In 2009, the company purchased 2,000 OYO GSR 4-channel recording boxes along with 3-component geophones.
Integrated Services: The company maintains integrated in-house operations necessary to the development and completion of seismic surveys, including health, safety, security, and environmental programs, as well as facilities for vehicle repair, vehicle paint and body repair, electronics repair, electrical engineering, and software development. In addition, it maintains a fleet of tractor trailers to transport its seismic acquisition equipment to its survey sites.
As of October 31, 2010, the company operated 12 3-D seismic data acquisition crews in the lower 48 states of the United States and a seismic data processing center. It markets and supplements its services from its headquarters in Midland, Texas and from additional offices in Houston, Denver, Oklahoma City, Michigan, and Pennsylvania.
The companys customers include oil and gas companies, independent oil and gas operators, and providers of multi-client data libraries. In 2010, the companys major client included Chesapeake Energy Corporation.
The companys competitors include CGG Veritas, Geokinetics Inc., Global Geophysical Services, and Tidelands Geophysical Company.
Dawson Geophysical Company was founded in 1952.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. DAWSON GEOPHYSICAL CO. COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. DAWSON GEOPHYSICAL CO. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. DAWSON GEOPHYSICAL CO. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. DAWSON GEOPHYSICAL CO. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. DAWSON GEOPHYSICAL CO. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Dawson Geophysical Co. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Dawson Geophysical Co. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Dawson Geophysical Co. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Dawson Geophysical Co. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Energy Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Dawson Geophysical Co. Industry Position Analysis
6. DAWSON GEOPHYSICAL CO. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. DAWSON GEOPHYSICAL CO. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. DAWSON GEOPHYSICAL CO. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. DAWSON GEOPHYSICAL CO. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. DAWSON GEOPHYSICAL CO. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. DAWSON GEOPHYSICAL CO. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Dawson Geophysical Co. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Dawson Geophysical Co. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Dawson Geophysical Co. Major Shareholders
Dawson Geophysical Co. History
Dawson Geophysical Co. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Dawson Geophysical Co. Offices and Representations
Dawson Geophysical Co. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Dawson Geophysical Co. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Dawson Geophysical Co. Capital Market Snapshot
Dawson Geophysical Co. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Energy Industry Statistics
Dawson Geophysical Co. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Dawson Geophysical Co. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Dawson Geophysical Co. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Dawson Geophysical Co. 1-year Stock Charts
Dawson Geophysical Co. 5-year Stock Charts
Dawson Geophysical Co. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Dawson Geophysical Co. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Dawson Geophysical Co. Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?