- The report contains detailed information about CVR Energy, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for CVR Energy, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The CVR Energy, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes CVR Energy, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of CVR Energy, Inc. business.
About CVR Energy, Inc.
CVR Energy, Inc. engages in refining and marketing transportation fuels. In addition, the company owns all of the interests in CVR Partners, LP (the Partnership), a limited partnership, which produces nitrogen fertilizers in the form of ammonia and UAN.
The companys segments include Petroleum and Nitrogen fertilizer.
The company operates an 115,000 bpd complex coking medium-sour crude oil refinery in Coffeyville, Kansas. The facility is situated on approximately 440 acres in southeast Kansas, approximately 100 miles from Cushing, Oklahoma, a major crude oil trading and storage hub.
For the year ended December 31, 2009, the companys refinerys product yield included gasoline (mainly regular unleaded) (52%), diesel fuel (primarily ultra low sulfur diesel) (39%), and pet coke and other refined products such as NGC (propane, butane), slurry, reformer feeds, sulfur, gas oil and produced fuel (9%).
Crude Oil Gathering System: The company owns and operate a crude oil gathering system serving central Kansas, northern Oklahoma, western Missouri, eastern Colorado and southwestern Nebraska. The system has field offices in Bartlesville, Oklahoma and Plainville and Winfield, Kansas. The system is comprised of approximately 300 miles of feeder and trunk pipelines, 71 trucks, and associated storage facilities for gathering sweet Kansas, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Missouri, and Colorado crude oils purchased from independent crude producers. The company also leases a section of a pipeline from Magellan, which is incorporated into its crude oil gathering system.
Phillipsburg Terminal: The company owns storage and terminalling facilities for asphalt and refined fuels in Phillipsburg, Kansas. The asphalt storage and terminalling facilities are used to receive, store and redeliver asphalt for another oil company for a fee pursuant to an asphalt services agreement.
Pipelines: The company owns a 145,000 bpd proprietary pipeline system that transports crude oil from Caney, Kansas to its refinery. Crude oils sourced outside of its proprietary gathering system are delivered by common carrier pipelines into various terminals in Cushing, Oklahoma, where they are blended and then delivered to Caney, Kansas via a pipeline owned by Plains All American L.P. (Plains). The company also owns associated crude oil storage tanks with a capacity of approximately 1.2 million barrels located outside its refinery.
Customers: Customers for the companys petroleum products include other refiners, convenience store companies, railroads and farm cooperatives. Its major customer is QuikTrip Corporation.
Competition: The companys refinery competition also includes branded, integrated and independent oil refining companies, such as BP, Shell, Conoco Phillips, Valero, and Gary-Williams.
Nitrogen Fertilizer Business
The nitrogen fertilizer business operates the only nitrogen fertilizer plant in North America that utilizes a pet coke gasification process to generate hydrogen feedstock that is further converted to ammonia for the production of other nitrogen fertilizers.
Customers: The nitrogen fertilizer business sells ammonia to agricultural and industrial customers. Agricultural customers include distributors such as MFA, United Suppliers, Inc., Brandt Consolidated Inc., Gavilon Fertilizers LLC, Transammonia, Inc., Agri Services of Brunswick, LLC, Interchem, and CHS Inc. Industrial customers include Tessenderlo Kerley, Inc., National Cooperative Refinery Association, and Dyno Nobel, Inc. The nitrogen fertilizer business sells UAN products to retailers and distributors. Its major customers include Brandt Consolidated Inc. and Gavilon Fertilizers LLC.
Competition: The nitrogen fertilizer business major competitors include Koch Nitrogen, PCS, Terra and CF Industries.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. CVR ENERGY, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. CVR ENERGY, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. CVR ENERGY, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. CVR ENERGY, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. CVR ENERGY, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. CVR Energy, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of CVR Energy, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of CVR Energy, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. CVR Energy, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Energy Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. CVR Energy, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. CVR ENERGY, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. CVR ENERGY, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. CVR ENERGY, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. CVR ENERGY, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. CVR ENERGY, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. CVR ENERGY, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
CVR Energy, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
CVR Energy, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
CVR Energy, Inc. Major Shareholders
CVR Energy, Inc. History
CVR Energy, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
CVR Energy, Inc. Offices and Representations
CVR Energy, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
CVR Energy, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
CVR Energy, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
CVR Energy, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Energy Industry Statistics
CVR Energy, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
CVR Energy, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
CVR Energy, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
CVR Energy, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
CVR Energy, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
CVR Energy, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
CVR Energy, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
CVR Energy, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?