- The report contains detailed information about Crescent Point Energy Corp. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Crescent Point Energy Corp.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Crescent Point Energy Corp. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Crescent Point Energy Corp. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Crescent Point Energy Corp. business.
About Crescent Point Energy Corp.
Crescent Point Energy Trust operates as an open ended unincorporated investment trust. The principal undertaking of the companys operating entities, Crescent Point Resources Limited Partnership along with its general partner, Crescent Point General Partner Corp. is to acquire, hold directly or indirectly, interests in oil and gas properties.
As of December 31, 2008, the company had proved plus probable reserves of 191.0 million barrels of oil equivalent. It had an undeveloped land base of 452,567 net acres (approximately 707 sections), with an average working interest of approximately 78 percent. Of this total, 207,200 net acres (approximately 320 sections) were in the southeast Saskatchewan Bakken light oil resource play.
In 2008, the company drilled 124 (102.1 net) Bakken wells, fracture stimulated an incremental 139 (130.1 net) Bakken wells.
Each Bakken well drilled on the companys lands penetrates the shallow zones of the Mississippian formation first. With approximately 380 Bakken wells drilled on Crescent Point lands, the company has identified and logged various oil and gas shows in the shallow zones.
The company drilled 17 (7.6 net) wells at Battrum in 2008. It has 36 net wells in inventory at Battrum.
The company participated in the drilling of 6 (3.3 net) wells at Cantuar in 2008, all of which were 20 acre downspaced wells. It has 104 net wells in inventory at Cantuar.
At Manor, the company drilled 10 (7.9 net) wells, including 3 (2.5 net) 75 metre infill horizontal wells, adding approximately 500 boe/d of initial incremental light oil production with high netbacks. In February 2008, the company completed construction to tie in gas from North Manor, which added 550 mcf/d of interest sales gas. Crescent Point has 48 net wells in inventory at Manor.
During 2008, the company drilled 3 (2.1 net) oil wells which added 110 boe/d of initial interest production, and drilled 5 (3.5 net) water injection wells.
The company has 44 net wells in inventory at Sounding Lake.
In January 2009, the company acquired Villanova Energy Corporation, a private company with properties in the Bakken area of southeast Saskatchewan.
In March 2009, the company acquired the Talisman Energy Inc. assets in southeast Saskatchewan and Montana.
On December 16, 2009, Crescent Point Energy Corp. announced that it has entered into an agreement with Penn West Energy Trust to acquire certain assets in southwest Saskatchewan. The assets are located primarily in the Lower Shaunavon crude oil resource play and include approximately 3,500 boe/d of production, 86% of which is Lower Shaunavon crude oil production, approximately 172 net sections of undeveloped Lower Shaunavon land, and proved plus probable reserves of 27.5 million boe.
Crescent Point Energy Trust was founded in 2003.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. CRESCENT POINT ENERGY CORP. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. CRESCENT POINT ENERGY CORP. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. CRESCENT POINT ENERGY CORP. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. CRESCENT POINT ENERGY CORP. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. CRESCENT POINT ENERGY CORP. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Crescent Point Energy Corp. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Crescent Point Energy Corp. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Crescent Point Energy Corp. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Crescent Point Energy Corp. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Energy Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Crescent Point Energy Corp. Industry Position Analysis
6. CRESCENT POINT ENERGY CORP. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. CRESCENT POINT ENERGY CORP. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. CRESCENT POINT ENERGY CORP. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. CANADA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. CRESCENT POINT ENERGY CORP. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. CRESCENT POINT ENERGY CORP. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. CRESCENT POINT ENERGY CORP. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Crescent Point Energy Corp. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Crescent Point Energy Corp. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Crescent Point Energy Corp. Major Shareholders
Crescent Point Energy Corp. History
Crescent Point Energy Corp. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Crescent Point Energy Corp. Offices and Representations
Crescent Point Energy Corp. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Crescent Point Energy Corp. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Crescent Point Energy Corp. Capital Market Snapshot
Crescent Point Energy Corp. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Energy Industry Statistics
Crescent Point Energy Corp. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Crescent Point Energy Corp. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Crescent Point Energy Corp. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Crescent Point Energy Corp. 1-year Stock Charts
Crescent Point Energy Corp. 5-year Stock Charts
Crescent Point Energy Corp. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Crescent Point Energy Corp. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Crescent Point Energy Corp. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?