- The report contains detailed information about Connacher Oil and Gas Ltd. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Connacher Oil and Gas Ltd.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Connacher Oil and Gas Ltd. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Connacher Oil and Gas Ltd. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Connacher Oil and Gas Ltd. business.
About Connacher Oil and Gas Ltd.
Connacher Oil and Gas Limited, through its subsidiary Montana Refining Company, Inc. (MRCI), engages in the exploration, development, production, refining and marketing of conventional petroleum and natural gas and the exploration, development and production of bitumen in the oil sands of northern Alberta.
The companys principal asset is a 100 percent working interest in approximately 98,000 acres of oil sands leases in the Divide region and a 50 percent interest in the Halfway Creek region, both near Fort McMurray, Alberta. It also owns conventional producing crude oil, natural gas and natural gas liquids production and reserves at Battrum, Saskatchewan and at Marten Creek, Gilby/Three Hills and Latornell, Alberta and a 9,500 bbl/d refinery located in Great Falls, Montana. The company also holds a 24 percent equity interest in Petrolifera, a public Canadian oil and natural gas company active in South America.
Great Divide and Halfway Creek, Alberta
The company owns and operates 171.5 gross sections of oil sands leases (152.3 net sections or 97,440 acres net) and 23.25 gross sections (14.1 net sections or 9,000 acres net) of petroleum and natural gas rights. Its primary business activity is to use SAGD technology to extract bitumen from oil sands formations located approximately 475 m below the surface in the companys area. During 2008, a total of 132 gross (124.5 net) core holes were drilled on the companys Great Divide and Halfway Creek leases and a further 24 gross core holes were drilled in the winter drilling season of 2009.
Conventional Crude Oil and Natural Gas Assets
The companys principal conventional operations are at Marten Creek, Gilby/Three Hills and Latornell in Alberta and at Battrum, Saskatchewan.
Marten Creek, Alberta: Marten Creek is a natural gas prone area located due west of Great Divide. Natural gas in the region is produced from various relatively shallow zones in the Cretaceous formation at a depth of approximately 2,000 feet. The company owns a 91 percent interest in approximately 127,680 gross acres (115,786 net acres) and operates 100 percent of its petroleum and natural gas leases in this area. The company has approximately 2,000 km of two-dimensional, or 2D, seismic data to explore and develop this area.
Gilby/Three Hills, Alberta: The company owns a 97.5 percent interest in approximately 7,838 gross acres (7,598 net acres) at Three Hills, including a unitized waterflood, and is the operator of this property. At Gilby, the company has interests varying from 30 to 50 percent in approximately 9,427 gross acres (3,880 net acres). These properties produce light gravity crude oil and/or natural gas.
Latornell, Alberta: Latornell is located in central Alberta, approximately 100 km southeast of Grande Prairie. The company owns a 50 percent interest in approximately 12,338 gross acres (6,169 net acres) and a 100 percent interest in 2,098 acres at Latornell.
Battrum, Saskatchewan: The company owns and operates working interests of 100 percent in unitized and non-unitized lands in the Battrum region of southwestern Saskatchewan. The properties produce medium gravity crude oil in three units using waterflooding to enhance oil recovery.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. CONNACHER OIL AND GAS LTD. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. CONNACHER OIL AND GAS LTD. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. CONNACHER OIL AND GAS LTD. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. CONNACHER OIL AND GAS LTD. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. CONNACHER OIL AND GAS LTD. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Connacher Oil and Gas Ltd. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Connacher Oil and Gas Ltd. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Connacher Oil and Gas Ltd. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Connacher Oil and Gas Ltd. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Energy Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Connacher Oil and Gas Ltd. Industry Position Analysis
6. CONNACHER OIL AND GAS LTD. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. CONNACHER OIL AND GAS LTD. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. CONNACHER OIL AND GAS LTD. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. CANADA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. CONNACHER OIL AND GAS LTD. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. CONNACHER OIL AND GAS LTD. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. CONNACHER OIL AND GAS LTD. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Connacher Oil and Gas Ltd. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Connacher Oil and Gas Ltd. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Connacher Oil and Gas Ltd. Major Shareholders
Connacher Oil and Gas Ltd. History
Connacher Oil and Gas Ltd. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Connacher Oil and Gas Ltd. Offices and Representations
Connacher Oil and Gas Ltd. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Connacher Oil and Gas Ltd. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Connacher Oil and Gas Ltd. Capital Market Snapshot
Connacher Oil and Gas Ltd. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Energy Industry Statistics
Connacher Oil and Gas Ltd. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Connacher Oil and Gas Ltd. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Connacher Oil and Gas Ltd. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Connacher Oil and Gas Ltd. 1-year Stock Charts
Connacher Oil and Gas Ltd. 5-year Stock Charts
Connacher Oil and Gas Ltd. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Connacher Oil and Gas Ltd. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Connacher Oil and Gas Ltd. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?