- The report contains detailed information about Concho Resources, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Concho Resources, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Concho Resources, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Concho Resources, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Concho Resources, Inc. business.
About Concho Resources, Inc.
Concho Resources Inc., an independent oil and natural gas company, engages in the acquisition, development, and exploration of oil and natural gas properties. The companys operating areas are located in the Permian Basin region of Southeast New Mexico and West Texas, an onshore oil and natural gas basin in the United States.
The companys two operating areas are: New Mexico Permian, where the company primarily targets the Yeso formation, and Texas Permian, where it primarily targets the Wolfberry, a term applied to the combined Wolfcamp and Spraberry horizons.
The companys operations are focused in the Permian Basin of Southeast New Mexico and West Texas. It underlies an area of Southeast New Mexico and West Texas approximately 250 miles wide and 300 miles long. As of December 31, 2009, 97.3 percent of the companys total estimated net proved reserves were located in main operating areas and consisted of approximately 67.2 percent oil and 32.8 percent natural gas.
New Mexico Permian: As of December 31, 2009, the company had estimated proved reserves in this area of 128.6 MMBoe, or 60.8 percent of total net proved reserves. Within this area the company targets two distinct producing areas, which are referred to as the shelf properties and the basinal properties. As of December 31, 2009, the company had 150,214 gross (69,931 net) acres in this area.
Texas Permian: As of December 31, 2009, the companys estimated proved reserves were 77.2 MMBoe in this area. It also operates and develops properties on the Central Basin Platform targeting the Grayburg, San Andres and Clearfork formations, which are shallower, and are encountered at depths of 4,500 to 7,500 feet. The reservoirs in these formations are largely carbonates, limestones and dolomites.
As of December 31, 2009, the company had 287,961 gross (91,135 net) acres in this area. In addition, as of December 31, 2009, the company had identified 1,795 drilling locations, with proved undeveloped reserves attributed to 966 of such locations.
The company is involved in drilling or participating in drilling activities in two emerging plays, in which the company had 5.3 MMBoe of proved reserves, as of December 31, 2009.
Lower Abo horizontal play: The Lower Abo horizontal play is an oil play along the northwestern rim of the Delaware Basin in Lea, Eddy and Chaves Counties, New Mexico. As of December 31, 2009, the company held interests in 59,179 gross (48,401 net) acres in this play. As of December 31, 2009, the company had 2.7 MMBoe of proved reserves in this play.
Bakken/Three Forks play: The companys acreage in the Bakken/Three Forks play is in the Williston Basin in North Dakota, primarily in Mountrail and McKenzie Counties. These Mississippian/Devonian age horizons consist of siltstones encased within and below a highly organic oil-rich shale package. These horizons are found at vertical depths ranging from 9,000 feet to 11,000 feet and are being developed utilizing horizontal drilling techniques and advanced fracture and stimulation technology. As of December 31, 2009, the company held interests in 42,210 gross (11,193 net) acres in this play. As of December 31, 2009, the company had 2.6 MMBoe of proved reserves in this play.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. CONCHO RESOURCES, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. CONCHO RESOURCES, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. CONCHO RESOURCES, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. CONCHO RESOURCES, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. CONCHO RESOURCES, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Concho Resources, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Concho Resources, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Concho Resources, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Concho Resources, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Energy Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Concho Resources, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. CONCHO RESOURCES, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. CONCHO RESOURCES, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. CONCHO RESOURCES, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. CONCHO RESOURCES, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. CONCHO RESOURCES, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. CONCHO RESOURCES, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Concho Resources, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Concho Resources, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Concho Resources, Inc. Major Shareholders
Concho Resources, Inc. History
Concho Resources, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Concho Resources, Inc. Offices and Representations
Concho Resources, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Concho Resources, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Concho Resources, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Concho Resources, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Energy Industry Statistics
Concho Resources, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Concho Resources, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Concho Resources, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Concho Resources, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Concho Resources, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Concho Resources, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Concho Resources, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Concho Resources, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?