- The report contains detailed information about Compagnie Générale de Géophysique-Veritas that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Compagnie Générale de Géophysique-Veritas. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Compagnie Générale de Géophysique-Veritas financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Compagnie Générale de Géophysique-Veritas competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Compagnie Générale de Géophysique-Veritas business.
About Compagnie Générale de Géophysique-Veritas
Compagnie Generale de Geophysique-Veritas operates in the geophysical seismic industry. The company manufactures geophysical equipment and provides a range of services, including seismic data acquisition and related processing and interpretation software to clients in the oil and gas exploration and production industry. It has operations in North America, South and Central Americas, Europe, Africa, the Middle East, and the Asia Pacific.
The companys operations are organized into two segments, Services and Equipment.
The Geophysical Services segment consists of the following activities: land contract: seismic data acquisition for land, transition zones, and shallow water on behalf of a specific client; multi-client land: seismic data acquisition for land, transition zones and shallow water licensed to a number of clients on a non-exclusive basis; marine contract: seismic data acquisition marine on behalf of a specific client; multi-client marine: seismic data acquisition marine and licensed to a number of clients on a non-exclusive basis; and processing and imaging: processing, imaging and interpretation of geophysical data, data management, and reservoir studies for clients.
Land Business Line
Land Seismic Acquisition
Land seismic acquisition includes seismic surveying techniques where the recording sensor is either in direct contact with, or in close proximity to, the ground. The companys land business line offers integrated services, including the acquisition and on site processing of seismic data on land, in transition zones and on the ocean floor (seabed surveys). The company undertakes land surveys with both a contract and multi-client basis.
The company is a land seismic acquisition contractor worldwide, including in North America. In 2009, it had an average of 17 active land crews performing specialized 3D and 2D seismic surveys. The companys land operations include surveying crews and recording crews. Surveying crews lay out the lines to be recorded and mark the sites for shot-hole placement or equipment location. Recording crews produce acoustic impulses and use recording units to synchronize the shooting and record the seismic signals via geophones. Land seismic crews are equipped with advanced equipment and software used in each stage of the land seismic acquisition process, including: the Sercel 408UL and 428XL seismic data recorders; the Sercel Nomad 65 vibrators, the Sercel VE 432 and VE 464 vibrator electronic control system used to synchronize and verify the emission of acoustical waves by vibrators; DSU3 Sercel digital 3 components sensors; patented high vibroseis technologies, such as HPVA and V1; and on-site processing software for acquired data.
The company has developed partnerships with local industry-related companies in various countries, including Saudi Arabia, other Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) countries and Indonesia. In Saudi Arabia, its land seismic acquisition activities are conducted through Arabian Geophysical & Surveying Co. (Argas), a joint venture owned 49% by the company and 51% by Industrialization & Energy Services Company (TAQA), its local partner. Its other Middle East operations are conducted through Ardiseis, a joint venture owned 51% by the company and 49% by TAQA.
Marine Business Line
Marine Seismic Acquisition
The company provides a range of 3D marine seismic services, principally in the Gulf of Mexico, the North Sea and off the coasts of West Africa and Brazil, as well as in the Asia-Pacific region.
Marine seismic surveys are conducted through the deployment of submersible cables (streamers) and acoustic sources (airguns) from marine vessels. Such streamers are each approximately 10 kilometers long and carry hydrophone groups normally spaced 12.5 meters apart along the length of the streamer. The company undertakes both contract and multi-client marine seismic surveys. In regions where there is petroleum exploration, such as Brazil, the Gulf of Mexico, West Africa, the Mediterranean Sea, and the North Sea, the company also undertakes multi-client surveys, in which it funds the survey and retains ownership of the sei
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. COMPAGNIE GéNéRALE DE GéOPHYSIQUE-VERITAS COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. COMPAGNIE GéNéRALE DE GéOPHYSIQUE-VERITAS BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. COMPAGNIE GéNéRALE DE GéOPHYSIQUE-VERITAS SWOT ANALYSIS
4. COMPAGNIE GéNéRALE DE GéOPHYSIQUE-VERITAS FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. COMPAGNIE GéNéRALE DE GéOPHYSIQUE-VERITAS COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Compagnie Générale de Géophysique-Veritas Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Compagnie Générale de Géophysique-Veritas and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Compagnie Générale de Géophysique-Veritas and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Compagnie Générale de Géophysique-Veritas Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Energy Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Compagnie Générale de Géophysique-Veritas Industry Position Analysis
6. COMPAGNIE GéNéRALE DE GéOPHYSIQUE-VERITAS NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. COMPAGNIE GéNéRALE DE GéOPHYSIQUE-VERITAS EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. COMPAGNIE GéNéRALE DE GéOPHYSIQUE-VERITAS ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. FRANCE PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. COMPAGNIE GéNéRALE DE GéOPHYSIQUE-VERITAS IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. COMPAGNIE GéNéRALE DE GéOPHYSIQUE-VERITAS PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. COMPAGNIE GéNéRALE DE GéOPHYSIQUE-VERITAS VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Compagnie Générale de Géophysique-Veritas Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Compagnie Générale de Géophysique-Veritas Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Compagnie Générale de Géophysique-Veritas Major Shareholders
Compagnie Générale de Géophysique-Veritas History
Compagnie Générale de Géophysique-Veritas Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Compagnie Générale de Géophysique-Veritas Offices and Representations
Compagnie Générale de Géophysique-Veritas SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Compagnie Générale de Géophysique-Veritas Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Compagnie Générale de Géophysique-Veritas Capital Market Snapshot
Compagnie Générale de Géophysique-Veritas Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Energy Industry Statistics
Compagnie Générale de Géophysique-Veritas Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Compagnie Générale de Géophysique-Veritas Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Compagnie Générale de Géophysique-Veritas Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Compagnie Générale de Géophysique-Veritas 1-year Stock Charts
Compagnie Générale de Géophysique-Veritas 5-year Stock Charts
Compagnie Générale de Géophysique-Veritas vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Compagnie Générale de Géophysique-Veritas vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Compagnie Générale de Géophysique-Veritas Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?