- The report contains detailed information about Clayton Williams Energy Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Clayton Williams Energy Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Clayton Williams Energy Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Clayton Williams Energy Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Clayton Williams Energy Inc. business.
About Clayton Williams Energy Inc.
Clayton Williams Energy, Inc., an independent oil and gas company, engages in the exploration and production of oil and natural gas primarily in Texas, Louisiana, and New Mexico.
As of December 31, 2009, the companys estimated proved reserves were 33,637 thousand barrels of oil equivalent. It held interests in 6,750 gross (941.2 net) producing oil and gas wells; and owned leasehold interests in approximately 1.1 million gross (618,000 net) undeveloped acres.
Exploration and Development Activities
The Permian Basin is a sedimentary basin in West Texas and southeastern New Mexico. The company drilled 51 gross (47.5 net) operated wells in the Permian Basin and conducted various remedial operations on other wells in 2009.
Andrews County Wolfberry: The company has a block in Andrews County, Texas on which it has identified approximately 200 potential locations for Wolfberry wells. A Wolfberry well is a well that commingles production from the Spraberry and Wolfcamp formations. During 2009, the company drilled and completed 13 gross (11.7 net) wells in this area.
Fuhrman-Mascho Field: The company also resumed a drilling program in the Fuhrman-Mascho Field in Andrews County, Texas beginning in July 2009. During 2009, the company drilled and completed 20 gross (18.2 net) wells in this area. It also completed additional 4 gross (3.6 net) wells.
Austin Chalk (Trend)
During 2009, the company drilled and completed 3 gross (2.9 net) wells in this area. It also completed 2 gross (2 net) wells.
Eagle Ford Shale
The Eagle Ford Shale is a formation immediately beneath the Austin Chalk (Trend) formation. The company has drilled a horizontal well in Burleson County, Texas to test the Eagle Ford Shale underlying its existing Austin Chalk (Trend) acreage. The well is producing.
The company participated in the drilling of the State Lease 18669 #1, an exploratory well in Plaquemines Parish (West Lake Washington prospect) and the well was placed into production in June 2009. The company owns a 50% non-operated working interest in this well.
In this area, the Cotton Valley/Gray formations are encountered at depths ranging from 8,000 to 12,000 feet, and the Bossier formation is encountered at depths ranging from 11,000 to 15,500 feet. As of December 31, 2009, the company had drilled 18 wells on its Terryville prospect and had completed 16 wells as producers. On its Ruston prospect, the company has completed 4 wells as producers.
East Texas Bossier
The company has an acreage position in East Texas targeting the prolific deep Bossier sands which are encountered at depths ranging from 14,000 to 22,000 feet in this area. It has completed the drilling of the Sunny Unit #1, a 17,300-foot exploratory well in Burleson County, Texas.
Natural Gas Services
The company owns an interest in and operates natural gas service facilities in the states of Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, and New Mexico. These natural gas service facilities consist of interests in approximately 94 miles of pipeline, 3 treating plants, 1 dehydration facility, 3 compressor stations, and 4 wellhead type treating and/or compression facilities.
Clayton Williams Energy, Inc. was founded in 1991.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. CLAYTON WILLIAMS ENERGY INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. CLAYTON WILLIAMS ENERGY INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. CLAYTON WILLIAMS ENERGY INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. CLAYTON WILLIAMS ENERGY INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. CLAYTON WILLIAMS ENERGY INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Clayton Williams Energy Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Clayton Williams Energy Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Clayton Williams Energy Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Clayton Williams Energy Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Energy Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Clayton Williams Energy Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. CLAYTON WILLIAMS ENERGY INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. CLAYTON WILLIAMS ENERGY INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. CLAYTON WILLIAMS ENERGY INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. CLAYTON WILLIAMS ENERGY INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. CLAYTON WILLIAMS ENERGY INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. CLAYTON WILLIAMS ENERGY INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Clayton Williams Energy Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Clayton Williams Energy Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Clayton Williams Energy Inc. Major Shareholders
Clayton Williams Energy Inc. History
Clayton Williams Energy Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Clayton Williams Energy Inc. Offices and Representations
Clayton Williams Energy Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Clayton Williams Energy Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Clayton Williams Energy Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Clayton Williams Energy Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Energy Industry Statistics
Clayton Williams Energy Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Clayton Williams Energy Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Clayton Williams Energy Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Clayton Williams Energy Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Clayton Williams Energy Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Clayton Williams Energy Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Clayton Williams Energy Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Clayton Williams Energy Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?