- The report contains detailed information about China Petroleum & Chemical Corp. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for China Petroleum & Chemical Corp.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The China Petroleum & Chemical Corp. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes China Petroleum & Chemical Corp. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of China Petroleum & Chemical Corp. business.
About China Petroleum & Chemical Corp.
China Petroleum & Chemical Corporation engages in the exploration for, development, production and marketing of crude oil and natural gas; refining of crude oil and marketing and distribution of refined petroleum products, including transportation, storage, trading, import and export of petroleum products; and production and sales of petrochemical products.
The company's activities consist of exploring and developing oil and gas reserves overseas; operating certain petrochemical facilities, small capacity refineries, and retail service stations that it retained; providing geophysical exploration, and well drilling, survey, logging and downhole operational services; manufacturing production equipment and providing equipment maintenance services; providing construction services; providing utilities, such as electricity and water; and providing other operational services including transportation services.
The company conducts its operations through four segments: Exploration and Production; Refining; Marketing and Distribution; and Chemicals.
Exploration and Production
The Exploration and Production segment explores for, develops, and produces crude oil and natural gas in various areas across China. As of December 31, 2009, the company held 193 production licenses with an aggregate acreage of 19,136 square kilometers. It also held 318 exploration licenses for various blocks in which it engaged in exploration activities.
Properties: The company operates 16 oil and gas production bureaus, each of which consists of various oil and gas producing fields and blocks and all of which are located in China. Shengli production bureau, the companys important crude oil production bureau, consists of 70 producing blocks of various sizes extending over an area of 2,564 square kilometers in northern Shandong province. As of December 31, 2009, the total acreage of the companys oil and gas producing fields and blocks was 8,349 square kilometers, including 5,684 square kilometers that were developed acreage and 2,665 square kilometers that were undeveloped acreage. The companys estimated proved reserves of crude oil and natural gas, as of December 31, 2009, were 3,943 million barrels-of-oil equivalent (BOE) (including 2,820 million barrels of crude oil and 6,739 billion cubic feet of natural gas).
The Refining segment produces a range of refined petroleum products. Its primary products are gasoline and diesel. Other products include lubricant, liquefied petroleum gas, solvent, asphalt, petroleum coke, paraffin, and fuel oil.
Refining Facilities: The company operates 34 refineries in China, which are located in its principal market. As of December 31, 2009, its total primary distillation capacity was 227.0 million tonnes per annum.
Suppliers: The company's crude oil suppliers include PetroChina Company Ltd. and CNOOC Ltd.
Marketing and Distribution
The Marketing and Distribution segment operates a sales and distribution network for refined petroleum products in China. Its retail sales are made through a network of service stations and petroleum shops operated under the Sinopec brand. The company also sells directly to commercial customers, such as industrial enterprises, hotels, restaurants, and agricultural producers.
The companys wholesale sales include sales to commercial or industrial customers and independent distributors, as well as sales to certain long-term customers, such as railway, airlines, shipping, and public utilities. Through its wholesale centers, the company operates 410 storage facilities with a total capacity of approximately 14.0 million cubic meters.
The Chemicals segment produces petrochemicals in China. The company produces a range of petrochemical products, including intermediate petrochemicals, synthetic resins, synthetic fiber monomers and polymers, synthetic fibers, synthetic rubber, and chemical fertilizers.
Intermediate Petrochemicals: The company produces ethylene in China. It produces aromatics mainly in the forms of benzene and para-xylene, which are used primarily as feedstock for purified terephthalic acid (PTA), the preferred raw
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. CHINA PETROLEUM & CHEMICAL CORP. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. CHINA PETROLEUM & CHEMICAL CORP. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. CHINA PETROLEUM & CHEMICAL CORP. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. CHINA PETROLEUM & CHEMICAL CORP. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. CHINA PETROLEUM & CHEMICAL CORP. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. China Petroleum & Chemical Corp. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of China Petroleum & Chemical Corp. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of China Petroleum & Chemical Corp. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. China Petroleum & Chemical Corp. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Energy Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. China Petroleum & Chemical Corp. Industry Position Analysis
6. CHINA PETROLEUM & CHEMICAL CORP. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. CHINA PETROLEUM & CHEMICAL CORP. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. CHINA PETROLEUM & CHEMICAL CORP. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. CHINA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. CHINA PETROLEUM & CHEMICAL CORP. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. CHINA PETROLEUM & CHEMICAL CORP. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. CHINA PETROLEUM & CHEMICAL CORP. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
China Petroleum & Chemical Corp. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
China Petroleum & Chemical Corp. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
China Petroleum & Chemical Corp. Major Shareholders
China Petroleum & Chemical Corp. History
China Petroleum & Chemical Corp. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
China Petroleum & Chemical Corp. Offices and Representations
China Petroleum & Chemical Corp. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
China Petroleum & Chemical Corp. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
China Petroleum & Chemical Corp. Capital Market Snapshot
China Petroleum & Chemical Corp. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Energy Industry Statistics
China Petroleum & Chemical Corp. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
China Petroleum & Chemical Corp. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
China Petroleum & Chemical Corp. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
China Petroleum & Chemical Corp. 1-year Stock Charts
China Petroleum & Chemical Corp. 5-year Stock Charts
China Petroleum & Chemical Corp. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
China Petroleum & Chemical Corp. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
China Petroleum & Chemical Corp. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?