- The report contains detailed information about Cenovus Energy Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Cenovus Energy Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Cenovus Energy Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Cenovus Energy Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Cenovus Energy Inc. business.
About Cenovus Energy Inc.
Cenovus Energy Inc., an integrated oil company, engages in the development, production, and marketing of bitumen, crude oil, natural gas, and natural gas liquids in Canada with refining operations in the United States
The companys operations include enhanced oil recovery (EOR) properties and crude oil and natural gas production in Alberta and Saskatchewan. It also has ownership interests in two refineries in Illinois and Texas, the U.S.A. As of December 31, 2009, the company had a land base of approximately 7.8 million net acres and a proved reserves base (its share after royalties) of approximately 719 million barrels of bitumen reserves, 232 million barrels of crude oil and natural gas liquids (NGLs) reserves and 1,474 billion cubic feet of natural gas reserves. The company also had probable reserves (its share after royalties) of approximately 403 million barrels of bitumen, 127 million barrels of crude oil and NGLs, and 405 billion cubic feet of natural gas.
The company operates in two divisions, Integrated Oil Division and Canadian Plains Division.
INTEGRATED OIL DIVISION
The Integrated Oil division includes all of the assets within the integrated oil business with ConocoPhillips, as well as other bitumen interests and the Athabasca natural gas assets. The Integrated Oil Division has assets in both Canada and the U.S. and contains two enhanced oil recovery (EOR) properties: Foster Creek and Christina Lake, as well as two refineries at Wood River and Borger. In 2009, the Integrated Oil Division drilled approximately 80 net wells (including 40 stratigraphic test wells). The company focuses on the refining of crude oil into petroleum and chemical products at its refineries located in the United States.
As at December 31, 2009, the company held bitumen rights of approximately 1,055,000 gross acres (760,000 net acres) within the Athabasca and Cold Lake areas, as well as the rights to lease an additional 652,000 net acres on its behalf and/or its assignees behalf on the Cold Lake Air Weapons Range.
Integrated Oil Business
The integrated oil business includes Canadian upstream assets contributed by the company and U.S. downstream assets contributed by ConocoPhillips. The business comprises two 50-50 operating entities, a Canadian upstream entity, FCCL Partnership (FCCL), operated by Cenovus and a U.S. downstream enterprise, WRB Refining LLC (WRB), operated by ConocoPhillips.
FCCL owns the Foster Creek and Christina Lake EOR projects. Cenovus FCCL Ltd., the companys wholly-owned subsidiary, is the operating and managing partner of FCCL. WRB owns the Wood River and Borger refineries. ConocoPhillips holds 50% interest in the Borger refinery. ConocoPhillips is the operator and manager of WRB.
As of December 31, 2009, the combined production capacity of the Foster Creek and Christina Lake properties was approximately 138,000 barrels per day. As of December 31, 2009, WRB had processing capability to refine approximately 70,000 barrels per day of bitumen equivalent.
Foster Creek: The company has a 50 percent interest in Foster Creek, an EOR property which uses SAGD technology and produces from the McMurray formation. The company holds surface access rights from the Governments of Canada and Alberta and bitumen rights for exploration, development, and transportation from areas within the Cold Lake Air Weapons Range. In addition, the company holds rights to lease bitumen rights in other areas on the Cold Lake Air Weapons Range on its behalf and/or its assignees behalf. The company operates an 80-megawatt natural gas-fired cogeneration facility in conjunction with the SAGD operation at Foster Creek.
Christina Lake: The company has a 50 percent interest in a SAGD EOR project at Christina Lake which produces from the McMurray formation. During 2008, the phase B expansion was completed which increased production capacity to approximately 18,000 barrels of bitumen per day.
Narrows Lake: The company holds a 50 percent interest in the Narrows Lake area which is located within the greater Christina Lake regional area.
Wood River Refinery: The company has a 50 percent interest in the Wo
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. CENOVUS ENERGY INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. CENOVUS ENERGY INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. CENOVUS ENERGY INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. CENOVUS ENERGY INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. CENOVUS ENERGY INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Cenovus Energy Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Cenovus Energy Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Cenovus Energy Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Cenovus Energy Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Energy Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Cenovus Energy Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. CENOVUS ENERGY INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. CENOVUS ENERGY INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. CENOVUS ENERGY INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. CANADA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. CENOVUS ENERGY INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. CENOVUS ENERGY INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. CENOVUS ENERGY INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Cenovus Energy Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Cenovus Energy Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Cenovus Energy Inc. Major Shareholders
Cenovus Energy Inc. History
Cenovus Energy Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Cenovus Energy Inc. Offices and Representations
Cenovus Energy Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Cenovus Energy Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Cenovus Energy Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Cenovus Energy Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Energy Industry Statistics
Cenovus Energy Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Cenovus Energy Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Cenovus Energy Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Cenovus Energy Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Cenovus Energy Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Cenovus Energy Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Cenovus Energy Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Cenovus Energy Inc. Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?