- The report contains detailed information about Caspian Services Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Caspian Services Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Caspian Services Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Caspian Services Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Caspian Services Inc. business.
About Caspian Services Inc.
Caspian Services, Inc. provides oilfield services in western Kazakhstan and the Caspian Sea. The companys business focuses on three principal areasoffshore marine services, which are provided by its fleet of vessels; geophysical services, and infrastructure development, including water desalinization.
The company manages its business through three wholly-owned subsidiaries: Caspian Services Group Limited, Caspian Geophysics Limited, and Caspian Real Estate Limited.
OFFSHORE MARINE SERVICES
The companys fleet customers employ its vessels to provide services to support their oil and gas exploration activities in connection with seismic work and in the construction of necessary infrastructure to pursue development and production of exploration projects.
The companys vessel fleet consists of 15 shallow draft vessels designed for use in the shallow waters of the north Caspian Sea. Of the 15 vessels in its fleet, the company owns 9. It operates the other 6 vessels pursuant to an agreement with Actamarine, the Dutch shipping company that owns the vessels.
The company operates 6 vessel classes which include: Supply vessels, seismic source and survey/utility vessels, anchor handling multicats and support vessel tugs, cable laying barges, accommodations vessels, and crew boats.
Supply Vessels: This class includes towing supply vessels and supply vessels chartered to customers for use in transporting supplies and equipment from shore bases to offshore projects. Supply vessels handle large cargo, serves drilling and production facilities, and support offshore construction and maintenance work. The company has one supply vessel in its fleet.
Seismic Source and Survey/Utility Vessels: Seismic source and survey/utility vessels are chartered to customers for use in performing offshore geological and seismic studies. The companys seismic source vessel is equipped with seismic source and related equipment capable of emitting an air-gun energy source at high pressure. It has one seismic source vessel and two survey/utility vessels.
Anchor Handling Multicats and Support Vessel Tugs: Anchor handling multicats and support vessel tugs are used to tow floating drilling rigs; assist in the docking of tankers; tow barges; assist pipe laying, cable laying and construction barges; setting anchors for positioning and mooring drilling rigs, and are used in other commercial towing operations, including towing barges, carrying various bulk cargoes and containerized cargo.
Cable Laying Barges: Cable laying barges are vessels used to lay down communications infrastructure between offshore drilling islands. The companys vessels are assisted by utility vessels, such as anchor handling tugs.
Accommodations Vessels: The company has one accommodations barge and one accommodations vessel in its fleet which are chartered to customers to provide offshore living quarters to personnel. Its vessels also offer food, laundry, and related services.
Crewboats: Crewboats are chartered to customers for use in transporting personnel and small quantities of supplies from shore bases to offshore drilling rigs, platforms, and other installations. The company has one crewboat in its fleet.
The company provides onshore, transition zone, and marine seismic data acquisition services to independent oil and gas exploration and development companies operating in Kazakhstan, the Caspian Sea, and to the national oil company.
The company provides geophysical services through its two subsidiaries: Tat-Arka LLP; and Kazmorgeophysica, JSC.
TatArka provides 2D and 3D land seismic data acquisition services to companies engaged in onshore oil and gas exploration in the Republic of Kazakhstan. TatArka provides services under project specific partnerships with other local service providers as required by the Republic of Kazakhstan.
Kazmorgeophysica provides 2D and 3D transition zone and marine seismic data acquisition services to oil and gas exploration companies operating in the Kazakhstan sector of the Caspian Sea. The company owns 50% interest in Veritas-Caspian LLP.
The company competes with Kazakhstancaspishelf, Uzhmaorgeologia, Westerngeco, CGG Veritas, and PGS.
The company through its subsidiary Caspian Real Estate Ltd. owns 56% interest in Bauta JSC (Bauta), a joint venture that operates a water desalinization plant in the Port of Bautino. At the desalinization plant, Bauta purifies drinking water for sale in bulk and in bottles of five liter and one-and-a half liter.
Atash Marine Base
The company through its subsidiary, Caspian Real Estate Limited, owns 100% interest in five hectare parcel of undeveloped real property located in the port of Bautino.
The companys principal customers are oil and natural gas exploration, development, and production companies or subcontractors of such companies. Agip KCO purchases the water the company produces.
Caspian Services, Inc. was founded in 1998. The company was formerly known as EMPS Corporation and changed its name to Caspian Services, Inc. in 2005.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. CASPIAN SERVICES INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. CASPIAN SERVICES INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. CASPIAN SERVICES INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. CASPIAN SERVICES INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. CASPIAN SERVICES INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Caspian Services Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Caspian Services Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Caspian Services Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Caspian Services Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Energy Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Caspian Services Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. CASPIAN SERVICES INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. CASPIAN SERVICES INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. CASPIAN SERVICES INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. CASPIAN SERVICES INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. CASPIAN SERVICES INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. CASPIAN SERVICES INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Caspian Services Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Caspian Services Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Caspian Services Inc. Major Shareholders
Caspian Services Inc. History
Caspian Services Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Caspian Services Inc. Offices and Representations
Caspian Services Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Caspian Services Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Caspian Services Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Caspian Services Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Energy Industry Statistics
Caspian Services Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Caspian Services Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Caspian Services Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Caspian Services Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Caspian Services Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Caspian Services Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Caspian Services Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Caspian Services Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?