- The report contains detailed information about Calumet Specialty Products Partners LP that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Calumet Specialty Products Partners LP. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Calumet Specialty Products Partners LP financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Calumet Specialty Products Partners LP competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Calumet Specialty Products Partners LP business.
About Calumet Specialty Products Partners LP
Calumet Specialty Products Partners, L.P. is a producer of specialty hydrocarbon products in North America. The company owns plants located in Princeton, Louisiana; Cotton Valley, Louisiana; Shreveport, Louisiana; Karns City, Pennsylvania and Dickinson, Texas and a terminal located in Burnham, Illinois.
The companys business is organized into two segments, Specialty Products and Fuel Products.
In Specialty Products segment, the company processes crude oil and other feedstocks into a variety of customized lubricating oils, white mineral oils, solvents, petrolatums and waxes. Specialty products are sold to domestic and international customers who purchase them primarily as raw material components for basic industrial, consumer, and automotive goods.
In Fuel Products segment, the company processes crude oil into a variety of fuel and fuel-related products, including gasoline, diesel, and jet fuel. In connection with production of specialty products and fuel products, the company also produces asphalt and a limited number of other by-products which are allocated to either the Specialty Products or Fuel Products segment. The asphalt and other by-products produced in connection with the production of specialty products at Princeton, Cotton Valley and Shreveport refineries are included in Specialty Products segment.
The company owns and operates facilities in northwest Louisiana, which consist of the Princeton refinery, the Cotton Valley refinery and the Shreveport refinery, facilities in Karns City, Pennsylvania and Dickinson, Texas, a terminal in Burnham, Illinois. The company also has contractual arrangements with LyondellBasell and other third parties which provide additional volumes of finished products for Specialty Products segment.
The Princeton refinery, located on a 208-acre site in Princeton, Louisiana, has aggregate crude oil throughput capacity of 10,000 bpd and is processing naphthenic crude oil into lubricating oils, high sulfur diesel and asphalt. The high sulfur diesel may be blended to produce certain lubricating oils, transported to the Shreveport refinery for further processing into ultra low sulfur diesel or sold to third parties. The Princeton refinery consists of seven processing units, approximately 650,000 barrels of storage capacity in 200 storage tanks and related loading and unloading facilities and utilities. The Princeton refinery receives crude oil via tank truck, railcar and pipeline. Its crude oil supply primarily originates from east Texas and north Louisiana and is purchased through Legacy Resources Co., L.P.
Cotton Valley Refinery
The Cotton Valley refinery, located on a 77-acre site in Cotton Valley, Louisiana, has aggregate crude oil throughput capacity of 13,500 bpd, hydrotreating capacity of 5,100 bpd and processes crude oil into solvents, low sulfur diesel, fuel feedstocks and residual fuel oil.
The Cotton Valley refinery consists of three processing units that include a crude unit, a hydrotreater and a fractionation train, approximately 625,000 barrels of storage capacity in 74 storage tanks and related loading and unloading facilities and utilities. The Cotton Valley refinery also has a utility fractionator for batch processing of narrow distillation range specialty solvents. The Cotton Valley refinery receives crude oil via truck and through a pipeline system operated by a subsidiary of Plains All American Pipeline, L.P.
The Shreveport refinery, located on a 240-acre site in Shreveport, Louisiana, has aggregate crude oil throughput capacity of 60,000 bpd subsequent to the completion of a expansion project in May 2008 and is processing paraffinic crude oil and associated feedstocks into fuel products, paraffinic lubricating oils, waxes, residuals, and by-products. The Shreveport refinery consists of 16 major processing units, approximately 3.4 million barrels of storage capacity in 141 storage tanks and related loading and unloading facilities and utilities.
The Shreveport refinery receives crude oil from common carrier pipeline systems operated by subsidiaries of Plains and Exxo
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. CALUMET SPECIALTY PRODUCTS PARTNERS LP COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. CALUMET SPECIALTY PRODUCTS PARTNERS LP BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. CALUMET SPECIALTY PRODUCTS PARTNERS LP SWOT ANALYSIS
4. CALUMET SPECIALTY PRODUCTS PARTNERS LP FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. CALUMET SPECIALTY PRODUCTS PARTNERS LP COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Calumet Specialty Products Partners LP Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Calumet Specialty Products Partners LP and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Calumet Specialty Products Partners LP and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Calumet Specialty Products Partners LP Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Energy Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Calumet Specialty Products Partners LP Industry Position Analysis
6. CALUMET SPECIALTY PRODUCTS PARTNERS LP NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. CALUMET SPECIALTY PRODUCTS PARTNERS LP EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. CALUMET SPECIALTY PRODUCTS PARTNERS LP ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. CALUMET SPECIALTY PRODUCTS PARTNERS LP IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. CALUMET SPECIALTY PRODUCTS PARTNERS LP PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. CALUMET SPECIALTY PRODUCTS PARTNERS LP VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Calumet Specialty Products Partners LP Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Calumet Specialty Products Partners LP Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Calumet Specialty Products Partners LP Major Shareholders
Calumet Specialty Products Partners LP History
Calumet Specialty Products Partners LP Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Calumet Specialty Products Partners LP Offices and Representations
Calumet Specialty Products Partners LP SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Calumet Specialty Products Partners LP Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Calumet Specialty Products Partners LP Capital Market Snapshot
Calumet Specialty Products Partners LP Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Energy Industry Statistics
Calumet Specialty Products Partners LP Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Calumet Specialty Products Partners LP Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Calumet Specialty Products Partners LP Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Calumet Specialty Products Partners LP 1-year Stock Charts
Calumet Specialty Products Partners LP 5-year Stock Charts
Calumet Specialty Products Partners LP vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Calumet Specialty Products Partners LP vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Calumet Specialty Products Partners LP Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?