- The report contains detailed information about Calibre Energy Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Calibre Energy Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Calibre Energy Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Calibre Energy Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Calibre Energy Inc. business.
About Calibre Energy Inc.
Calibre Energy, Inc., an independent exploration and production company, focuses on the acquisition, exploitation, development and sale of crude oil and natural gas, in Irbil Province of Kurdistan, Iraq, in the Barnett Shale in Texas and the Fayetteville Shale in Arkansas.
The company holds non-operating interests in all of its projects.
Bina Bawi Project
In 2006, the company entered into a Novation and Amendment Agreement (Novation Agreement) among Hawler Energy, Ltd. (Hawler Energy), a Cayman Islands company, A & T Petroleum Company, Ltd. (A&T), a Cayman Islands company, and Hillwood Energy, Ltd. (Hillwood), a Cayman Islands company. Pursuant to the Novation Agreement, the company became parties to the Exploration and Production Sharing Agreement (the EPSA) dated March 29, 2006 between A&T, Hawler Energy and the Oil and Gas Petroleum Establishment of the Kurdistan Regional Government (the OGE).
Pursuant to the terms of the EPSA, the OGE grants the other parties the right to explore and produce oil and natural gas from certain territory that includes the Bina Bawi. The company also has entered into a letter agreement with Hawler Energy pursuant to which each party grants the other party the right to participate in the next acquisition of any rights or interests for the exploration or production of oil and gas in the area of the Kurdistan Regional Government of Iraq. Pursuant to this letter agreement, the company would have the right of first refusal to obtain a 9% interest in such an acquisition by Hawler Energy and Hawler Energy would have the right of first refusal to obtain a 91% interest in acquisition by Calibre of rights or interests for the exploration or production of oil and gas in the area of the Kurdistan Regional Government of Iraq.
In February 2007, the company announced that the Bina Bawi 1 exploration well was at a depth of 3,355 meters (11,007 feet) and had completed logging the lower part of the hole. Earlier in the drilling of the Bina Bawi 1, oil was recovered from the drill string during a fishing operation from intervals in the Upper Cretaceous at the depths of 550 to 750 meters. The Joint Venture has agreed to commence testing to determine the productive and commercial potential of approximately three zones intersected by the well. Furthermore, the Joint Venture anticipates drilling the Bina Bawi 2 appraisal well upon the completion of the Bina Bawi 1 to evaluate and test the prospective intervals in the Upper Cretaceous. As of April 12, 2007, the operator had run 7-inch liner to a depth of 3,264 meters in preparation for the testing of the well.
Projects with Kerogen Resources
The company is participating in three projects with Kerogen Resources, Inc., a small, privately held exploration and production company, located in Houston, Texas. These projects include Reichmann Petroleum Corporation Project, South Ft. Worth Basin Project and Williston Basin Project
Reichmann Petroleum Corporation Project
In 2005, the company entered into a joint venture with Kerogen Resources, Crosby Minerals and Reichmann Petroleum Corporation to explore, acquire and develop properties located in the Barnett Shale in the Ft. Worth Basin of North Texas.
The company owns, through Kerogen Resources, a 12.5% working interest in the Purchase and Sale Agreement with Reichmann that covered 6,190 net acres of leasehold interests in Parker, Tarrant, Denton, and Johnson Counties, Texas.
Subsequent to the initial acquisition, the company agreed to participate with Reichmann in the acquisition of certain leases and the drilling, testing and completion of a well on the Pannell Prospect in Johnson County covering 443 net acres to earn a 21.875% working interest. Additionally, the company agreed to participate in the Pipes Prospect in Hill County, Texas covering 128.7 acres. In 2006, the company agreed to participate in a Farm out Agreement for the Wilson Hancock 1-H well with Reichmann Petroleum and Kerogen for a 9.2969% working interest in the well.
As of December 31, 2006, the company participated in 22 gross wells of which 12 wells are producing, five wells have been drilled, completed and fraced and are waiting to be hooked up to a pipeline, and five wells have been drilled to total depth, completed and are waiting to be fraced. As of December 31, 2006, its net acreage position subject to Reichmann agreements is 792.85 net acres.
South Ft. Worth Basin Project
In 2005, the company entered into a Participation Agreement for the exploration and development of wells in a portion of the South Ft. Worth Basin with Kerogen Resources, Wynn Crosby Energy, Inc. (Crosby), and Triangle USA (Triangle). The agreement covers a five county area in Texas, including Johnson, Hill, Somervell, Bosque and Hood counties, and consists of all lands in these counties outside areas of mutual interest covered by the Reichmann project.
As of December 31, 2006, Kerogen had leased approximately 11,710.87 net leasehold acres. The companys net leasehold position pursuant to this agreement is 3,161.93 acres.
Williston Basin Project
In 2005, the company entered into a Participation Agreement with Kerogen Resources covering all of the Williston Basin.
In addition to the three joint venture projects with Kerogen Resources, as of December 31, 2006, the company has acquired 5,318 gross leasehold acres and 3,417 net acres in the Barnett Shale outside of the areas covered by the Reichmann Petroleum JV, the South Ft. Worth Basin project and the Williston Basin project. Additionally, as of December 31, 2006, the company acquired 2,636 gross leasehold acres and 1,276 net leasehold acres in the Fayetteville Shale development in the Arkoma Basin in Arkansas.
As of December 31, 2006, the company had twelve producing wells in which the company had an interest. The companys total reserves included 1,658.606 MMcf Gas.
Calibre Energy, Inc. was founded in 2005.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. CALIBRE ENERGY INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. CALIBRE ENERGY INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. CALIBRE ENERGY INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. CALIBRE ENERGY INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. CALIBRE ENERGY INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Calibre Energy Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Calibre Energy Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Calibre Energy Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Calibre Energy Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Energy Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Calibre Energy Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. CALIBRE ENERGY INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. CALIBRE ENERGY INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. CALIBRE ENERGY INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. CALIBRE ENERGY INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. CALIBRE ENERGY INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. CALIBRE ENERGY INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Calibre Energy Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Calibre Energy Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Calibre Energy Inc. Major Shareholders
Calibre Energy Inc. History
Calibre Energy Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Calibre Energy Inc. Offices and Representations
Calibre Energy Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Calibre Energy Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Calibre Energy Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Calibre Energy Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Energy Industry Statistics
Calibre Energy Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Calibre Energy Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Calibre Energy Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Calibre Energy Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Calibre Energy Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Calibre Energy Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Calibre Energy Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Calibre Energy Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?