- The report contains detailed information about Cal Dive International Inc that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Cal Dive International Inc. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Cal Dive International Inc financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Cal Dive International Inc competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Cal Dive International Inc business.
About Cal Dive International Inc
Cal Dive International, Inc., a marine contractor, provides manned diving, pipelay and pipe burial, platform installation and platform salvage services to a customer base in the offshore oil and natural gas industry. The company has operations in the Gulf of Mexico Outer Continental Shelf (OCS), the Northeastern U.S., Latin America, Southeast Asia, China, Australia, the Middle East, India, and the Mediterranean.
The company owns and operates a fleet of 31 vessels, including 21 surface and saturation diving support vessels, 6 pipelay/pipebury barges, 1 pipebury barge, 1 combination derrick/pipelay barge, and 2 derrick barges.
The company provides marine contracting services on the Gulf of Mexico OCS in support of the oil and natural gas infrastructure throughout the production lifecycle, including production platforms, risers, subsea production systems and pipelines.
The companys diving services include saturation, surface and mixed gas diving. These enable it to provide a complement of manned diving services in water depths of up to 1,000 feet. It provides its saturation diving services in water depths of 200 to 1,000 feet through its fleet of eight saturation diving vessels and ten portable saturation diving systems. The company also provides surface and mixed gas diving services in water depths that are typically approximately 300 feet through its 13 surface diving vessels.
The company also provides pipelay and pipebury services with its six pipelay/pipebury barges. These barges are able to install, bury and repair pipelines having outside diameters of up to 36 inches, and employ conventional S-lay technology that is appropriate for operating on the Gulf of Mexico OCS and the international areas where it operates.
For larger pipe burying projects, or where a deeper trench is required, the company uses pipebury barge. It also owns and operates a pipeline plow which it uses to bury pipelines in areas where the use of jet sleds is not allowed due to environmental concerns. The company also provides platform installation and salvage services using its two derrick barges, each of which is equipped with cranes designed to lift and place platforms, structures or equipment into position for installation. In addition, the companys derrick barges are used to disassemble and remove platforms and prepare them for salvage or refurbishment. The company also has a combination derrick/pipelay vessel with a lift capacity of 1,200 tons, which it uses to install up to 36 inches diameter pipe, and to install and remove offshore fixed platforms.
The companys customers include major and independent oil and natural gas producers, pipeline transmission companies and offshore engineering and construction firms. Its major customer is Chevron Corporation.
The companys principal competitors for diving services on the Gulf of Mexico OCS include Global Industries, Ltd. (Global), Tetra Technologies Inc. (Tetra), and Oceaneering International, Inc. Its principal competitors for shallow water pipelay services on the Gulf of Mexico OCS include Global, Chet Morrison Contractors, Inc., Bisso Marine Co., Diamond Service Corp., and International Offshore Services.
For the installation and removal of production platforms, the company competes primarily with Offshore Specialty Fabricators, Inc., Global, Superior Energy Services, Inc., and Tetra. Its major competitors internationally are Global, J. Ray McDermott, S.A., Swiber Offshore Construction Pte. Ltd., Protexa S.A. de C.V., and Oceanografia S.A. de C.V.
Cal Dive International, Inc. was founded in 1975.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. CAL DIVE INTERNATIONAL INC COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. CAL DIVE INTERNATIONAL INC BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. CAL DIVE INTERNATIONAL INC SWOT ANALYSIS
4. CAL DIVE INTERNATIONAL INC FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. CAL DIVE INTERNATIONAL INC COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Cal Dive International Inc Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Cal Dive International Inc and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Cal Dive International Inc and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Cal Dive International Inc Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Energy Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Cal Dive International Inc Industry Position Analysis
6. CAL DIVE INTERNATIONAL INC NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. CAL DIVE INTERNATIONAL INC EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. CAL DIVE INTERNATIONAL INC ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. CAL DIVE INTERNATIONAL INC IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. CAL DIVE INTERNATIONAL INC PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. CAL DIVE INTERNATIONAL INC VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Cal Dive International Inc Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Cal Dive International Inc Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Cal Dive International Inc Major Shareholders
Cal Dive International Inc History
Cal Dive International Inc Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Cal Dive International Inc Offices and Representations
Cal Dive International Inc SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Cal Dive International Inc Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Cal Dive International Inc Capital Market Snapshot
Cal Dive International Inc Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Energy Industry Statistics
Cal Dive International Inc Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Cal Dive International Inc Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Cal Dive International Inc Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Cal Dive International Inc 1-year Stock Charts
Cal Dive International Inc 5-year Stock Charts
Cal Dive International Inc vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Cal Dive International Inc vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Cal Dive International Inc Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?